Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

Lamar Jackson is loving awful and will almost certainly never be a good QB in the NFL.

If it drives you out of our fanbase it'll have been worth it.

And we definitely need a big play RB. Haven't had one since 2011.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

If it drives you out of our fanbase it'll have been worth it.

And we definitely need a big play RB. Haven't had one since 2011.

What we NEED is a QB that doesn't fumble the loving ball 20 times a god drat game. And maybe complete a pass.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

"Big Play RB" you gotta be kidding me lol. That doesn't even MEAN anything.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

Lamar Jackson is loving awful and will almost certainly never be a good QB in the NFL.

Lamar Jackson is 21 years old and the Ravens were using an easily-sniffed-out exploit that the Chargers successfully adjusted to.

Also lol sticking to the rookie rushing qbwhen you have a $30m pocket passer QB on the bench

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

"Big Play RB" you gotta be kidding me lol. That doesn't even MEAN anything.

Might not be the right terminology but you know what I mean.

Also no he shouldn't work on the fumbles. We should have a fumble spy that waits for lamar to fumble and is ready to recover it and make a play. Controlled chaos.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens have a big play running back, his name is Lamar Jackson

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Easy Diff posted:

Lamar Jackson is 21 years old and the Ravens were using an easily-sniffed-out exploit that the Chargers successfully adjusted to.

Also lol sticking to the rookie rushing qbwhen you have a $30m pocket passer QB on the bench

A pocket passer that's not going to be in Baltimore next year. It's worth the loss to not undermine your future QB's confidence. Plus the real problem was the o-line which would've gotten Flacco killed. Lamar Jackson's miracle run rookie season which ended in the wildcard round didn't come with a career ruining knee injury so he's already off to a much better start than RGIII.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I was saying it in the GDT but a lot of why the Ravens' offense didn't look good is that the Chargers flat out have a very good defense themselves. They didn't look great earlier in the year because they played a lot of bend-don't-break and they were missing Bosa, but they've been good in the redzone all year. With Bosa back they've basically rounded into their 2017 except they have Derwin James now as well. (Adrian Phillips has also played out of his fuckin mind as essentially the dime LB as well) Outside of the two TDs late, they are playing as well right now as they have all season long. They mostly took care of the ball as well, which is what killed them against the Ravens in LA a few weeks ago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The reactions in this thread have not disappointed.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Durandal1707 posted:

I was saying it in the GDT but a lot of why the Ravens' offense didn't look good is that the Chargers flat out have a very good defense themselves. They didn't look great earlier in the year because they played a lot of bend-don't-break and they were missing Bosa, but they've been good in the redzone all year. With Bosa back they've basically rounded into their 2017 except they have Derwin James now as well. (Adrian Phillips has also played out of his fuckin mind as essentially the dime LB as well) Outside of the two TDs late, they are playing as well right now as they have all season long. They mostly took care of the ball as well, which is what killed them against the Ravens in LA a few weeks ago.

You probably should have won the first game even with the lovely play early on--just the Gates fumble messed that up. Really the first game wasn't that much different from this one aside from the big Andrews play and that the Ravens were able to move the ball on the ground in the first half.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That performance by Jackson was Tebowesque, including the late game heroics.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar at the moment is just the best version of Tebow. If he's as uncoachable from a mechanics standpoint as Tebow was we're hosed.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

tim tebow was also uniquely awful at running for a running qb. he legitimately had absolutely 0 vision and not even in the i think im fast enough to make a play way just he would run directly into like eight defenders on purpose cause he had no idea what he was doing. the patriots just playing short zones and waiting for him to run directly into multiple defenders very slowly in that playoff game was pretty hilarious to watch

this doesnt really have anything to do with what yall are talking about but i just want everyone to remember tebow wasnt even good at the one thing he was supposed to be good at god bless

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I always loved Tebow's spin moves.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Needs moutheyes.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The problem with Jackson is his mechanics. To get his accuracy fixed you have to teach him to use real footwork and drop the weird throwing motion, and who knows if he'll still be as dynamic an athlete when he's more consistent, or if he can even master that stuff.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

You probably should have won the first game even with the lovely play early on--just the Gates fumble messed that up. Really the first game wasn't that much different from this one aside from the big Andrews play and that the Ravens were able to move the ball on the ground in the first half.

I disagree, if nothing else but because I think the Chargers had a way worse gameplan in the first game and the Ravens' defense absolutely bullied them into making really dumb mistakes. They went into that game thinking they were gonna throw it deep on Baltimore with a bunch of long-developing pass plays, and their o-line + Rivers got absolutely crushed doing that. This game they mostly did a lot of really conservative, underneath dink & dunk stuff because they knew the o-line couldn't hold up for long-developing plays and that they weren't gonna run the ball much on the Ravens' D. Overall i'd say that and the fact that we didn't turn it over 3 times is probably what swung it as much as our defense playing better this time around.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Oh my god loving kickers lolololololol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
CUT PARKEY

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://twitter.com/FirstDownFR/status/1082076821431160832

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

whole lotta haters in this thread gonna feel dumb when Lamar owns next year

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Once again icing proves to be the correct choice.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I hope Parkey has a backup plan career wise. Poor guy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wild Card Weekend am i right

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Fun two days of football!

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

AndrewP posted:

whole lotta haters in this thread gonna feel dumb when Lamar owns next year

As long as it's after Rivers wins a super bowl, I don't care.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Double Doink!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Fly with me posted:

As long as it's after Rivers wins a super bowl, I don't care.

Eagles, you're my hope right now. Let's go. Bring that SB magic.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Leon Einstein posted:

I hope Parkey has a backup plan career wise. Poor guy.

He has a career as the sound guy for Law and Order.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/1082076985055158277

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nervous posted:

Chicago could have let Minnesota win week 17 instead and then embarrassed them today. They brought this upon themselves.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Its outright cruel to have a literal montage of Parkeys :doink:s over the season just ready to go like thhat

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1082077711797936129?s=21

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Easy Diff posted:

Its outright cruel to have a literal montage of Parkeys :doink:s over the season just ready to go like thhat

Also really, really funny.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man, if the Saints beat the Eagles and the Cowboys somehow beat the Rams, the NFC Championship is going to be a bloodbath.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So both good defensive teams are now out.

Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

da

bears