Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just kill mother kraid*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah it always ends at like 4am on Sunday.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Supes metrpid is epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Supés Metroid.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Supes metrpid is epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's one of the ones where it should be a run I love but since I hated the game every time I tried it I don't care about it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

That's one of the ones where it should be a run I love but since I hated the game every time I tried it I don't care about it.
Thanks for the update chief.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like when they flip upside down like Guile and fly around the stage though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

:goofy:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seeing a speedrunner get the stars as fast as possible really outlines how fail they made getting stars in this game, IMO.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

Seeing a speedrunner get the stars as fast as possible really outlines how fail they made getting stars in this game, IMO.
Go ahead and let me know when you get them all bitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

He's not wrong. Odyssey is Millenial Mario

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

American McGay posted:

The problem is no one will know the difference between stars that would of been coins in Mario 64 and the ones that take "skill" to get, including you, because there's so many that you'll forget. It's a bummer.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

The easy stars are easy mode so little babies and grandmas can play the game and still see all of the content (which is locked behind star collection). It's kind of a dumb thing to complain about when which moons you collect are completely optional and there's enough hard ones to make the game feel like a challenge.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but it makes speedruns boring bc they just collect all the moons that are just a ground pound 3 inches from the spawn point.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Yeah but it makes speedruns boring bc they just collect all the moons that are just a ground pound 3 inches from the spawn point.

i think this week has proven that in 2019, all speedruns are boring

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

American McGay posted:

The easy stars are easy mode so little babies and grandmas can play the game and still see all of the content (which is locked behind star collection). It's kind of a dumb thing to complain about when which moons you collect are completely optional and there's enough hard ones to make the game feel like a challenge.

I don't want to feel like I tripped over a moon, even if I can "choose" which ones I get. It makes me feel like a stupid little baby or grandma, instead of an epic gamer.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TYOOL mood. 2019 much? This is a mood.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

as an libcucked sjw who does all the hilarious soy memes, i thought celeste was epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the runner should have lost some weight tho or put on a corset if he was contractually obligated to wear an eposrts jherseyu

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

(just posted how good the LttP run was a few hours ago) OH GAWwd I can't even with this 2019 trip.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

(just posted how good the LttP run was a few hours ago) OH GAWwd I can't even with this 2019 trip.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DIE!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:mood:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
feeling quite owned right now so im gonna log off

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

wasn't it last year they didn't run super metroid at all

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

wasn't it last year they didn't run super metroid at all

yeah

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Blechy looks like he's getting sucked out of a spaceship.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Can’t wait to hate this poo poo again in 6 months

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

:dogecheers:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

This. And don't forget Zeldathon, is coming i6 months as well, It;'s like ating desert before brreaskfast. Or dinner or whatevr,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hype.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

so. what were your favorite runs. mine was probably Sonic the Hedgehog.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sonic run was a bit too urban for my tastes, so I preferred the tamer GTAVC run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Sanic Ball run where 3 minutes in the European runner say Welcome Zhu the sanic World Cup and the entire couch pees their shorts giggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

they had a skii ball machine in the arcade rigged for speedruns