Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't really understand how the blind guy was supposed to know anything of Hyakki's history with the doctor and I think he probably didn't, the flashback was for us but all Dororo got (imo) is the bit that he got cursed, somehow (since the old man did know that) and that his parts come back when he kills demons (since they witnessed that), but the way the two scenes transition it puts them together as if Dororo just got told the entire tale which was probably not a very good way to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think narratively Dororo does needs to be told things so that they know them, but if the audience is also shown/told the same things in addition it makes their role as audience surrogate kinda redundant.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm skipping them they are both awful

it's a shame because the op/ed animation are pretty rad but whew that song choice