Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don't give a poo poo about the old show or manga, sorry. I'm enjoying this show a lot. Cried at episode 3, even. It's definitely my favorite ongoing show besides Mob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I thought the shot at the end of episode 2 where Hyakkimaru got his nervous system back was just a cool effect and we’d find out what he actually got back this week. But then they had the scene with the fire and boy did I feel dumb.

What I’m getting at is sometimes things need to be reemphasized so dummies like me get it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Same. I didn’t think there was any ambiguity to that scene.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I liked the episode a lot. The action was cool. If you want the old story, read/watch that. If it’s the same story 100%, what’s the point

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
:cry: I need to stop watching this show while I have dinner. Not because it was gross to watch period, (because I'm desensitized to violence), but because it's too gross to try to chew while tears stream down my face. :cry:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don’t have a lot to add to Cao Ni Ma’s post besides :agreed: and that I feel like the show is very adeptly laying the groundwork for some major tragedy just around the corner. I can’t remember a show in recent memory where I can basically tell where it’s going beat for beat, but I’m anticipating it with both eagerness and dread because I know just how gut wrenching it’s going to be. Show good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Great episode. Loved the design of the monster, and the guest character was great fun. Animation for the fight looked great, clever use of Hyakkimaru’s disability to their advantage, Dororo being brave was awesome, and the interaction between the two protags at the end was adorable!