Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

SpaceAceJase posted:

I owned Shaq Fu on SNES. lmao

i probably did too. i also had a pair of reebok shaqnosis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The Shaq Attaq was loving epic, the shoe came with a CO2 canister to pump it up.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Can I update my answer to this?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ExcitableLikelyChickadee.webm

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Back to the Future on NES is perhaps the most poo poo on I've ever felt as a gamer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is this

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

The new farcry, now with more borderlands and bulletsponges.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Crimson Harvest posted:

Back to the Future on NES is perhaps the most poo poo on I've ever felt as a gamer.

coolest part is if you somehow torture yourself enough to get to the last level, you only get one crack at it. lose and the entire game ends with you stuck in the past no matter how many lives you have left.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Tato posted:

coolest part is if you somehow torture yourself enough to get to the last level, you only get one crack at it. lose and the entire game ends with you stuck in the past no matter how many lives you have left.

In my best attempt I failed the soda shop level by 2.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Clive Barker's Jericho.

Peak brown shooter from last gen. Not like Gears of War brown, but that it actually felt like I had dirt in my eyes.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Deponia is free on humblebundle right now but I won't even redeem the key because the voice acting in the trailer made me real mad.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I guess the angry nerd was me all along

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Dragon's Lair for SNES was a real piece of poo poo. After playing Super Mario World and Super Mario All Stars my 6 year old mind must have reasoned that all platformers were just intrinsically great and boy did I get a rude awakening. The main character would slide the equivalent of 3 or 4 paces when you stopped running like he was on ice.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Had high hopes for the AAA ubisoft open world shooter as well. What were they thinking!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Had high hopes for the AAA ubisoft open world shooter as well. What were they thinking!

What are you talking about you senile freak

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Flannelette posted:

The new farcry, now with more borderlands and bulletsponges.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lyle the Old Queen.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Take notes from rediscover on imp.zone for flaming techniques I see

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Take notes from rediscover on imp.zone for flaming techniques I see

Remember when the imp.zone crew were playing that god awful Jurassic Park tycoon game and pretending it was good, lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Remember when the imp.zone crew were playing that god awful Jurassic Park tycoon game and pretending it was good, lol

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I had fun with it for like 20 hours.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I had fun with it for like 20 hours.

You don't count as a normal person with a healthy brain.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

You don't count as a normal person with a healthy brain.

At least I have a healthy BMI :)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just unlocked raptors. The Xbox controller is actually perfect for this menu driven game. Flawless fluidity.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis posted:

At least I have a healthy BMI :)

Congratulations man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just unlocked raptors. The Xbox controller is actually perfect for this menu driven game. Flawless fluidity.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

speaking of jurassic park, i definitely hated the SNES one with the weird, blurry FPS segments, but the overworld music at the start of the game was really good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There was a litty GBA sim game of Jurassic Park.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

spared no expense.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That reminds me of Rise of the Robots, maybe the biggest pile of monkey rear end I ever barfed out of my dick hole.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That reminds me of Rise of the Robots, maybe the biggest pile of monkey rear end I ever barfed out of my dick hole.

this looks sort of like a bad mortal kombat clone from looking at the images, but lmao

wikipedia posted:

Developed by a team of five people, including former Bitmap Brothers member Sean Griffiths, Rise of the Robots was intended to use a high level of artificial intelligence that was never seen in any other fighting games at the time. The game features music from Queen's lead guitarist Brian May, although it only uses "The Dark" and "Resurrection", a track taken from his solo album Back to the Light, while the in-game music was done by Richard Joseph.

The contemporary and retrospective reviews towards Rise of the Robots were negative, with much of the criticism targeted its crippling gameplay and controls, despite being praised for its good graphics. The sequel, Rise 2: Resurrection, was released in 1996.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

brian may joining michael jackson and peter gabriel on the list of pop music luminaries who agreed to compose music for a video game for a sandwich, two sides and a cola.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

brian may joining michael jackson and peter gabriel on the list of pop music luminaries who agreed to compose music for a video game for a sandwich, two sides and a cola.

Don’t forget Paul McCartney’s epic Destiny theme song + epic Destiny heroes!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the new Tony Hawk mobile game should just engineer a reunion of any Fat Wreck Chords band that hasn't lost it's lead singer to an OD and give them five minutes to write a new song.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There was an advertisement for the Pagemaster game for the Genesis at the start of the Pagemaster VHS. Because I only had an NES, playing that game was some sort of weird sad holy grail for me.

When I finally got a Genesis I rented it right away.

I ended up having a similar experience with Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle on the SNES, since it was advertised at the start of Ranma tapes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had it for SNES.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The ranma fighting games are c00l

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

speaking of jurassic park, i definitely hated the SNES one with the weird, blurry FPS segments, but the overworld music at the start of the game was really good

There was a sick one for snes that had coop but I forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

There was a sick one for snes that had coop but I forget

The Chaos Continues, it was kind of a Contra clone and it was deece. I rented it as a kid