Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh hey, Doggie didn't wind up posting Jan (The creators) introduction for Rejuvenation

quote:

Hello, my name is Jan! As you may have guessed, I am the creator of Pokemon Rejuvenation. Pokemon Rejuvenation was inspired by the popular fan game Pokemon Reborn. When I first played Reborn, I was blown away by the quality, the story, and the characters. Something Game Freak has only barely been able to pull off. (In their main franchises, anyway). So I am here to bring something similar. Something similar, but unique in its own way. That's what Pokemon Rejuvenation is about.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Draxion posted:

We should use a Litten.

Called Stan, Hansen, or both.

Stan Hansen the Litten

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Epicmissingno posted:

You haven't heard of Pokemon Desolation, have you?

To elaborate, Desolation is a third game based on Reborn's stupid hardtype soft level cap system, because the people on the Reborn forums are apparently gluttons for punishment. Based on that thread it came about after Rejuvenation, so yeah, it could easily be said to be based on it. No idea how it opens, though.

On another note, I'll never understand why Reborn/Rejuvenation/Desolation insist on having Pokemon disobey above the level cap when lowering experience point gain to, say, 1 above the level cap would suffice and be much less annoying. That's what Insurgence's hard mode does.

Or, look at how Shadow Pokemon did it, and have them stop gaining XP and start stockpiling it until you get the next badge. I already mentioned before that you could explain it as the Pokemon in these regions being much more dependent on their trainers for strength. In short, as the trainer gains power, they gain power. Which fits in with the themes of Pokemon as a series since bonds.

Instead, all of these games treat pokemon as tools, not companions. Prideful tools who secretly hate you in fact.