Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
If they go to Mexico City they should race on the 1 mile flat oval that forms the backbone of the Formula E circuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
THEY SAY YOU CUT THE COURSE

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Cygni posted:

Hinch fastest of the 11 cars at Sebring today (although there were multiple tire compounds being run)

1. James Hinchcliffe, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports-Honda, 51.37sec
2. Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport-Honda, 51.46sec
3. Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing-Honda, 51.48sec
4. Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport-Honda, 51.62sec
5. Alexander Rossi, Andretti Autosport-Honda, 51.66sec
6. Ed Jones, Ed Carpenter Racing-Chevrolet, 51.85sec
7. Felix Rosenqvist, Chip Ganassi Racing-Honda, 51.97sec
8. Marcus Ericsson, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports-Honda, 52.00sec
9. Spencer Pigot, Ed Carpenter Racing-Chevrolet, 52.03sec
10. Marco Andretti, Andretti Autosport-Honda, 52.13sec
11. Graham Rahal, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing-Honda, 52.23sec

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/hinchcliffe-fastest-indycar-test-sebring/4324509/

Surely that's not the whole lap, is it?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Ah, gotcha. Makes sense. Was gonna say, even the street circuits aren't as bumpy as Sebring and a sub-minute lap on the full circuit would be right proper insane/impossible.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Unassisted right leg? Holy poo poo, he's actually doing it. What a loving boss.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

This is loving amazing. I hoped he would recover, but I'll admit to being very pessimistic about his chances of ever getting back to an indycar. Now, I think it's just a matter of time. Very glad he's proving my doubts unfounded. What an inspiration.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
As a relatively new comer to IndyCar, and knowing that you IndyCar guys love a history chat, what happened in 2015 that caused the series not to return to Fontana? Seems like a cool track for cool kids, and another place to use the speedway aero, which I don't think there's enough of, eye em eitch oh.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I wouldn't mind seeing Pato in a DPi, tbh

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Rhr looks like he's about to cry at any second all the time

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I kinda hope Carlin hangs onto Cameron Das, he's a local boy to me, got his start at the electric arrive-and-drive karting place I go to. Hasn't set the world on fire beyond US F4 (which he won in '16), doubt he'll make the jump to GP3 or higher, finished 5th in Euro Formula Open, last year. If he can find a budget, I think he'd do well in Lights.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Championship Rosenqvist
500 Ericsson

:sweden:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Do we have a fantasy indycar this year?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Lol that usf2000 finish

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Ahahaha get hosed ferrucci

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
:perfect:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
we get it rhr, you vape

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
boy i'd sure like to actually watch this loving race instead of ads

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
lmao leigh diffey literally phoning it in, someone must have kicked over the TV feed

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
loving low blow that they go to ads in the middle of green flag after they can't manage to keep a feed up

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
nice

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
not looking good for honda this year

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Man I wish my VPN had a Mexico endpoint (I get NBCSN anyway, but being a hackerman is fun)

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
i wanna see indycars on the 1 mile flat oval at autodromo hermanos rodriguez

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Christ, all 4 days at Sebring, including paddock access to all series, and a FIA World Championship race was $110.

they're loving high at 100 bucks for 1-day general

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

WindyMan posted:

In the case of the WEC it's because the P1 cars (the only cars that could ever win overall) are tied in with the manufacturers which are also tied into the series. Doubly so for the superseason.

Alonso wanted to win Le Mans badly enough to be OK committing to a full WEC season. Who's to say he won't want to win Indy badly enough to commit to a full Indycar season, especially if there's a fun factor involved?

You literally can't enter Le Mans with a P1 unless you are doing a full WEC season, by the rules. That's why Ginetta isn't going to be at Le Mans this year. They're a full season entrant but never did any of the races other than last year's Le Mans, due to team level funding issues.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
*chanting, ignoring what happened last year*

BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Is there a regulation on the V angle in the engines? 180° counts, right? :v:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
The only way I could see hybrid being more than a gimmick at Indy is regen off of the turbo to charge a very mild hybrid to be used to supplement the motor (bonus: it's a starter!) or to be used for a push to pass boost. Braking happens so infrequently at Indy that it'd be a once per stint push to pass gimmick

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Porsche seemed to make it work pretty well in WEC, They had twin turbines though. One turbine fed the battery, one provided boost.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Guarantee that you could harvest some extra energy from the turbos on superspeedway boost, and use it as a power boost

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
FWIW LMP2s are separate this year in a Pro-Am class. They added a little weight and forced them to Le Man's gearing to slow them down a bit, and unleashed the DPis

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
230 for pigot :gowron:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Seeing 5T for Hinch on the timing, what's going on there? Spare car/entry?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Good to hear, I'll be sad if Hinch misses twice in a row. (I know he's not in yet)

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Bentai posted:

BUMP DAY! BUMP DAY! BUMP DAY!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Aaand yellow for no apparent reason

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Really love having to leave before the finish because if the weather delay, and then the DVR doesn't catch the channel change with 20 minutes to go. :geno:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Zack Veach did that last year in qualifying, didn't he? Kept his foot in it through that sequence and just yote it off the cut-through road and across the line, flat out the whole way.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

CactusWeasle posted:

Bring back Baltimore goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
No plaid liveries. Disappointed