Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vehementer
Sep 24, 2006

All Singing All Dancing!
Work has offered me a killer opportunity on the condition I pack up and leave in 2 weeks.. I've never been to Singapore/Asia on holiday yet alone to live... I'm Australian (Melbourne) and used to cold poo poo weather so I assume it's going to just be hot/humid all of the drat time..... Apparently going to spend the first few weeks "downtown" which sounds swanky as unless it's like downtown LA?

I couldn't find any previous megathreads about Singapore and search is 99% "Crazy Rich Asians" threads....

So anybody living/lived in Singapore? Where should I go? what should I avoid? What's the rules of living in Singapore? Do I need to get a respectable haircut?! Tell me about Singapore!

Vehementer fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

come stop by the SE Asia megathread we consider Singapore to be SEA. There's a few Singapore goons there

Vehementer
Sep 24, 2006

All Singing All Dancing!

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

come stop by the SE Asia megathread we consider Singapore to be SEA. There's a few Singapore goons there

hahaha.. newbie mistake!