Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'd recommend uplay+ for a month since it is only a dollar and has all the dlc but ever since the last patch I've been unable to play. The current theory is they screwed something up while setting up the free weekend so some people who should have access to the game don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

As I play through the campaign how can I keep up a good income? I'm trying to build efficiently but usually the balance is negative and I have to keep exporting stuff. I can tell having a lot of non-working population is a drain. Is it a bad idea to make a quick buck by cutting off consumption of soap or other goods that sell for a lot of money?

Non working population isn't a drain, they still consume which is how you make money. Buildings that employ them drain money, you probably need less steel, bricks, and glass and more people enjoying life and being unproductive. Consumer goods all make a profit, construction goods don't.

Edit: Instead of cutting people's access to basic needs like soap and cracking down on the unemployed have you considered running a fashy police state and forcing people to overproduce goods that no one needs that you then sell to the nearby prison camp? Just build police stations and increase productivity to +50%.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 5, 2021

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I love that influence bonus and usually put up docks in a bunch of islands specifically get it. As long as you don't build houses no bad events can occur, letting you max productivity and avoid fire stations. Set up a few farms and a mine and have a schooner pick up goods every once in awhile.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Every game I start I say 'okay this is the one where I'm just gonna do everything in trelawney' and then 2 days later I've built 2 huge islands and the iron tower and worlds fair etc etc etc etc in the old world still haven't built a single house in crown falls. I think I need to force myself to never make a single engineer in the old world or something

Has anyone seen/built any cool crown falls cities? Whenever I do build there it always winds up being a huge boring grid.

What if you intentionally don't build with electricity in mind so it is easier to just start fresh on Crown Falls?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Mayveena posted:

Do Ctrl Q and see where you aren't meeting demand. Fluctuations in the game are always due to that.

Also use this feature to see if you can reduce production anywhere to save upkeep costs.

Goods create more income than they cost, assuming they are being consumed. Your other potential issue is too much spent on construction materials.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Did you just blueprint the roads instead of actually build them?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Do I just have to have a clipper parked at the prison to snap up any good experts that are ther?

Yes, this is a thing you should do.

I also like to send soap to the prison in the early game to make money to emaciate experts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

How do people generally use crownfalls? Is it mostly for investors and tourists?