Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

EbolaIvory posted:

I'm gonna download this today. I love poo poo maps.

Its rad sniffyz rep still exists. XD

Totally exists - just doesn't flaunt it around the community anymore. I see him drop around a couple of my friends' streams occasionally to chat.

On the rats map, you'll need noodle and preferably the latest version of chroma since my friend Taragon spent 6 hours making a giant rat light in the background with chroma environment hacks... which don't work in 1.18.3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I've finally gotten my VR setup together at my new place and am starting to get back into this. I've been going through some custom songs and noticed that some of them are set up so that the notes are flying at me so fast that they're impossible for me to read, even though I'm physically capable of performing those motions. Is there a setting or mod somewhere that I can't find that I could use to fix the note speed at a set value? I used to use settings like that all the time when playing DDR or other similar rhythm games.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
*edit* Also beat saber 1.20 just got pushed live, so hopefully you've been backing up your modded game folder because all the mods are currently not-yet updated for 1.20

There is an option in the player settings (in the left panel) called something like “jump distance offset.” Setting this to “far” makes the blocks start farther away and take more time to get to you.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 8, 2022

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Thank you!

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
New OST is the best OST so far.

I still think that the E+ scales too wildly for them all to be labeled E+ and some of the stuff migrating in from current ranked meta is a bit funny. Also they really could use more of the new slider note things instead of the old stacks. So many places would have been nice to have seen those but nope, old meta stuff.

Im mostly just bitching but honestly its good for an OST update. Typically I dislike ost anything saber but this ones solid.

I do think some of the E+ patterns are gonna turn off the average E+ player though. Not like, us VR nerds or PP grinders. People who dont even know what ranked is, normal people, average customers.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Question is if bmbf will ever get updated again.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Hahah welp looks like the community rank ladders got reworked and every map got assigned a new score value

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

CrazyLittle posted:

Hahah welp looks like the community rank ladders got reworked and every map got assigned a new score value

I still say rank all maps. Every map. Good, bad, shitmap, whatever.

Chin Strap posted:

Question is if bmbf will ever get updated again.

Eventually.

Wanna mod, play pcvr tho. Native sucks and always will.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

EbolaIvory posted:

Wanna mod, play pcvr tho. Native sucks and always will.
I just spent two hours wrestling with loading custom mods into my new Quest 2, only to get the toolset running and discover that it doesn't work with the current version of Beat Saber.

I could downgrade, but that sounds like basically re-doing everything I've done so far.

Edit: Well, I got it working, but the playlist editor is a shitshow and occasionally just flat-out drops songs for no reason. As long as I just download maps and don't try to organize them at all, it seems to go okay.

How bad is the experience playing a rhythm game over wireless PCVR? I'm guessing not great?

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 22, 2022

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I could never swing it with breast cancer. I meant beat saber but the swipe keyboard thought differently.

The only rhythm game I could get semi comfortable with was Audica and that was after calibration. I have the best case scenario wireless connection as well. I've honestly never tried wired but if you only have a quest then you could get a 10ft cable easy. Your workout/beat saber spot would be tethered and next to your computer

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

WhiteHowler posted:

How bad is the experience playing a rhythm game over wireless PCVR? I'm guessing not great?

Until you get to the higher end meta of beat saber its not bad. This is assuming you have a solid network, and possibly dedicated router for just your quest or w/e.

Once you hit the higher end meta maps, ehhhh, I personally can't get used to it. Theres juuuust enough latency that I simply can't play at that level.

Virtual desktop tends to work better than airlink. mileage may very. some restrictions apply. not available in all areas.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

forest spirit posted:

I could never swing it with breast cancer. I meant beat saber but the swipe keyboard thought differently.

breast cancer, beat saber, whats the difference

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
Some fun maps.

https://beatsaver.com/maps/27102

https://beatsaver.com/maps/2f14b

https://beatsaver.com/maps/2dfe1

https://beatsaver.com/maps/26e4f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory