Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Is there a good place to request maps for songs that won't make me feel like I'm just going "HEY MAKE ME THINGS PLZZ"? (even though I guess that's literally what it is anyway don't judge me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Is there a way to slightly slow the note track of songs? Someone linked me to a no-fail related option, but it doesn't seem like I'd be able to use it on the Quest version. I've found some maps that seem perfectly doable for the most part but the fact that the note speed multiplier (i.e. how fast the notes travel between spawning and getting to you) is absolutely terrible is keeping me from enjoying the flow of the song, instead forcing me into fucky twitch-motion mode instead.

EDIT: For those that played DDR back in the day, I'm looking for something that would be equivalent to putting the .5 or 1.5x modifiers on a track.

Aqua_D fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 2, 2020

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

https://twitter.com/BeatSaber/status/1270327087086407681?s=19

Nobody ever notices poor practice mode.

Theres also the slower/faster song modifiers but practice mode lets you get granular with the speed setting.

I thought that changes the song speed itself? I messed around with something like that but it made the song itself play slower. I just want the scroll speed slowed a bit.

EDIT: It's not a matter of -the song- being too fast, it's a matter of the scroll speed being set to an insanely high setting on the songs in question.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

I had to immediately turn off the advanced maps right after turning them on because I realized that's all anyone uses them for. Nothing actually interesting to someone who just wants to play fun maps. Just Quest-lagging wall-'shows'.