Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

https://twitter.com/strawberryTrav/status/1772337959741612200?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I like the part in John Wick where John Wick stumbled into an antique weapons... museum? Store? Warehouse? And then has to build a gun from scratch to kill one dude.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Modal Auxiliary posted:

You should watch Nobody, it's got all the same trappings but it's built on an actual plot focused on a character with an actual personality. Also the character is played by Bob Odenkirk and he loving rules.
I had somehow missed all of John Wick until it popped up free on one of the streaming services this year. I watched the first one (which, according to my John Wick loving friends, might be the best one) and the whole time I was thinking 'Wow, this is a lot like Nobody.... if Nobody was really bad'.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

jesus christ

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I thought Nobody was gonna make some comment about how men will resort to extreme violence to deal with being emasculated. But unless I missed something the movie thinks it's pretty cool

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1772788496429932723

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

grittyreboot posted:

I like the part in John Wick where John Wick stumbled into an antique weapons... museum? Store? Warehouse? And then has to build a gun from scratch to kill one dude.

It was a tribute to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR3aIzfNMXM&t=68s

which made me :neckbeard: in glee.

NorgLyle posted:

I had somehow missed all of John Wick until it popped up free on one of the streaming services this year. I watched the first one (which, according to my John Wick loving friends, might be the best one) and the whole time I was thinking 'Wow, this is a lot like Nobody.... if Nobody was really bad'.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he's right. John Wick sucked

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oh boy I love to hear goon's takes on why popular things are bad. This is just as fresh as it was in 2005 when we were all young and had an excuse.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Yeah it's the played out hot take at this point.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
John Wick had the edgiest cool guy 2006 movie action plot that would have been very dumb and eye rolling, except it worked because everyone should have known it was all in service of just setting up fun gun kata set pieces.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Oh boy I love to hear goon's takes on why popular things are bad. This is just as fresh as it was in 2005 when we were all young and had an excuse.

Now we're old and so we're stuck in our ways, one led into the other, it was me all along Barry, etc.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dameius posted:

John Wick had the edgiest cool guy 2006 movie action plot that would have been very dumb and eye rolling, except it worked because everyone should have known it was all in service of just setting up fun gun kata set pieces.

Gun kata? Give me the vintage sincerity of Equilibrium.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

Gun kata? Give me the vintage sincerity of Equilibrium.

That's the crouching tiger to Wicks to.. idk, lot of options to pick, killzone.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

You may append your thoughts on the John Wick movie franchise in the Milquetoast Opinion Thread

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'll eat a probe after a mod suggested moving to another thread to say that the John Wick movies are generally all fun, but the first movie benefitted from a lower budget. So this secret assassin world was mostly suggested at and you didn't have the director's obvious fetish for tattooed women with lots of piercings in vintage office wear or ten dozen faceless mooks getting effortlessly mowed down because John wanted to visit a warehouse. Each one has felt progressively more video gamey and the formula is starting to get tired imo.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I had only just heard of John Wick or whatever but then I was on a long flight that offered the whole loving franchise so that's what I did. It was ok

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If you change a letter, it's John Dick.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

https://twitter.com/paciaostr/status/1772747569468178877

Cryptobros should be studied by future historians. And also contemporary psychiatrists but that’s another discussion.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'll eat a probe after a mod suggested moving to another thread to say that the John Wick movies are generally all fun, but the first movie benefitted from a lower budget. So this secret assassin world was mostly suggested at and you didn't have the director's obvious fetish for tattooed women with lots of piercings in vintage office wear or ten dozen faceless mooks getting effortlessly mowed down because John wanted to visit a warehouse. Each one has felt progressively more video gamey and the formula is starting to get tired imo.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I'm aware that I'm loading the gun pointed at myself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dameius posted:

Oh are they in the director's cut or something to replace the extremely loving boring fight scenes in the normal release?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

What does a good fight scene look like to you?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

I'm gonna guess as a 3D Megadoodoo mind reader. No cheating

Ong-Bak or The Raid

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

grittyreboot posted:

I have no strong opinions of John Wick either way but I reckon the only fight scene I've ever cared about has been:

"I admit it. You are better than I am."

"Then why are you smiling?"

"Because I know something you don't know."

"And what is that?"

"I am not left handed."

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/drawbrandondraw/status/1772769067457212428?s=20

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

boofhead posted:

I have no strong opinions of John Wick either way but I reckon the only fight scene I've ever cared about has been:

"I admit it. You are better than I am."

"Then why are you smiling?"

"Because I know something you don't know."

"And what is that?"

"I am not left handed."

All that, and you leave out

[fighting]

"You are amazing."

"I ought to be, after 40 years!"

"There's something ... I ought to tell you!"

"Tell me!"

"I'm not left-handed either."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Foryour convenience and or to head it all off at the pass:

https://www.evenmere.org/~bts/Random-Collected-Documents/princess_bride.html

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The whole bit's available on youtube, that's what I transcribed from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDlZ_SXx5gA&t=346s

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The swordfight in Princess Bride isn't a fight scene, it's a sex scene.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/1772689623770165396

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The article makes it clear it's a facial processing issue. Without an account you can't see replies, so, what are the people on Twitter saying it is?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Killingyouguy! posted:

The article makes it clear it's a facial processing issue. Without an account you can't see replies, so, what are the people on Twitter saying it is?

Actual lizard people

https://twitter.com/Arch13Michael/status/1772164302742736980

It's insane the number of people who think that movies are real.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
They're all claiming it's not a disorder, and many people have been able to see the real demons for months now and "they" have been trying to tell us this for a long time. Conspiracy theory idiot poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Blowing apart my plan to take over the world by making giant blockbuster movies about it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

zoux posted:

I feel like a large portion of the insane poo poo boomers believe is real can be directly traced back to X-Files

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I believe everything in the x-files was fictional except Eugene Tooms

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fluke Man is now a congressman from Florida.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

zoux posted:

Actual lizard people

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know, there's one guy we're forgetting about, a guy who looks out for bridge collapse victims, and I thi-

Ah. Hell.