Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

They still use the caulk gun. What else would they use

Like a rotary hand soap dispenser? I imagine like a machine cow's udder of condiments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/nise_yoshimi/status/1771680741803335769?t=lWw_8Ig0K0IJ8yO_07mFrg&s=19

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

China ftw

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

muscles like this! posted:

I worked at a McDonald's for a short period in the late 90s and they were still using the caulk guns for sauces.

I think I still retain the muscle memory to make a Big Mac from start to finish. :smith:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Biplane posted:

China ftw

Actually one of their policies I disagree with

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Mar 26, 2024

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I have no idea what any of this means and I couldn't care less.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I have no idea what any of this means and I couldn't care less.

badass?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
now me, i could care less about john wick stuff. perhaps i will watch one of the films to see if anybody shoots anybody

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It’s only slightly exaggerated, which is why the John wick movies rule

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
yeah, unsmirkingly owning the camp is the best part of John Wick

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John Wick is absolutely someone's goofy worldsetting they wrote when they were 10 years old only played 100% straight.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Ambitious Spider posted:

It’s only slightly exaggerated, which is why the John wick movies rule

The John Wick franchise is the greatest thematic collection of fictional media of all time, I just hate that they felt the need to add violence to it. It would work so much better if they cut out the "scary murder guy fights other murder guys" subplot and instead had the courage to focus entirely on the hotel. Who goes to them, what's it like to be in one, what even is a hotel, some sort of pirate house? You can definitely tell there's a hotel in it but they could have done so much more

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Very__Regular/status/1772648255936958948?s=20

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

boofhead posted:

Who goes to them, what's it like to be in one, what even is a hotel, some sort of pirate house? You can definitely tell there's a hotel in it but they could have done so much more

Easy. A pirate hotel is where you go for some arr & arr.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Still waiting for the John Wick / Four Rooms crossover where Tim Roth's character is just constantly ducking through offscreen gunfights to deliver wacky room service to the bratty kids of all the dueling assassins, etc

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The best thing the John Wick movies ever did was kill off the titular protagonist instead of going into sequel hell beyond four movies.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Lazy_Liberal posted:

now me, i could care less about john wick stuff. perhaps i will watch one of the films to see if anybody shoots anybody

You should watch Nobody, it's got all the same trappings but it's built on an actual plot focused on a character with an actual personality. Also the character is played by Bob Odenkirk and he loving rules.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Mister Speaker posted:

The best thing the John Wick movies ever did was kill off the titular protagonist instead of going into sequel hell beyond four movies.

okay but there's a fifth movie in the works, a spinoff coming that's set before 4 so Wick is in it, and potentially a sequel to that spinoff

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Modal Auxiliary posted:

You should watch Nobody, it's got all the same trappings but it's built on an actual plot focused on a character with an actual personality. Also the character is played by Bob Odenkirk and he loving rules.
Counterpoint, Nobody has one good fight scene and then deflates into a sitcom. "What if Back to the Future's beloved Doc Brown had two shotguns and did a swear??" It's a midlife crisis movie where the lead gets nostalgic for doing wetwork, and decides to retvrn to being an alpha male who does fun murders for kicks. You might be thinking "oh, so it's like a Punisher descent into darkness thing" but no, it's just dimly lit Looney Tunes. It's biggest crime is wasting Odenkirk, who legit has the chops to do more interesting action work.

I would never accuse the John Wick sequels of being good, but you've got to admit the franchise has a strong aesthetic. They know what they're about.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Paying for goods and services with 1 indivisible giant pirate coin seems like it would lead to inefficient pricing.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Visions of Valerie posted:

okay but there's a fifth movie in the works, a spinoff coming that's set before 4 so Wick is in it, and potentially a sequel to that spinoff

Oh goddamnit.

It was pretty funny how transparently they threw in Halle Berry (and to a lesser extent, Common) to test the waters for a spin-off. I think that would probably suck, but honestly I'd probably still go see it if it means seeing more stuntmen get their junk brutalized by those dogs.

Common played a way scarier villain hitman in Run All Night, which is a severely underrated movie.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

canyoneer posted:

Paying for goods and services with 1 indivisible giant pirate coin seems like it would lead to inefficient pricing.

Take a coin leave a coin tray is always empty when I try to make change

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Half of the Forbes 400 is just Continental bellhops

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why the gently caress is is not a reeferral bonus??

Vimto
Sep 11, 2001
Manchester City F.C
Back to the internal monologue discussion. Just wait till you find out sometimes your internal monologue actively sets out to kill you!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Monologues are loving boring folks
Internal dialogue is where it's at.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

canyoneer posted:

That was my biggest question. He paid like 8 coins to dispose of a ton of bodies in his home, but also paid one coin for a single drink at a bar.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Maybe he had a large tab

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TotalLossBrain posted:

Monologues are loving boring folks
Internal dialogue is where it's at.

Okay Harry duBois, calm down.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I like when the ninja lady's dogs bite bad guys in the dick.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

That was my biggest question. He paid like 8 coins to dispose of a ton of bodies in his home, but also paid one coin for a single drink at a bar.

One drink is worth discrete disposal fees for ~2 bodies. Or is it more like body disposal is an 8 coin job for 1 or 20 bodies as long as they all fit in one van, like when you rent a moving truck?
My junior novelization and character guide to John Wick does not answer any of these questions

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ArtofTrek/status/1772511221058555993?s=20

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/alan_mcmillian/status/1772539600289894611?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just a reminder that Brent Spiner released this record:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Tree Bucket posted:

This is wild stuff. Are you able to draw? Did you find learning to read especially easy or difficult?

This is from a bit back, but I'm exactly the same - very low on the visualization scale, and I basically don't know what people look like if I'm not looking at them. I can't draw worth a good goddamn, but I learned to read very early, when I was two and a half.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

The "who the gently caress asked" store called, they're running out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The "who the gently caress asked" store called, they're running out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tree bucket did. Obviously.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

This looks like an unfortunate transporter accident with the cast of Seinfeld.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

John Lee posted:

This is from a bit back, but I'm exactly the same - very low on the visualization scale, and I basically don't know what people look like if I'm not looking at them. I can't draw worth a good goddamn, but I learned to read very early, when I was two and a half.

I was drawing with perspective by age 4 but reading took forever. I'd love to know if there's a pattern here.
Do you have the same thing as the other poster, where the visual memories are stored but inaccessible? Like, you recognise people when you see them, but couldn't really recall their face in the interim? It feels like the inverse of long-form writing for me. I got halfway through a degree before I realised that when I write an essay, I wasn't, like, consciously deciding what to type. I'd just read a bunch of sources and drink a lot of coffee and essays would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Tree Bucket posted:

I was drawing with perspective by age 4 but reading took forever. I'd love to know if there's a pattern here.
Do you have the same thing as the other poster, where the visual memories are stored but inaccessible? Like, you recognise people when you see them, but couldn't really recall their face in the interim? It feels like the inverse of long-form writing for me. I got halfway through a degree before I realised that when I write an essay, I wasn't, like, consciously deciding what to type. I'd just read a bunch of sources and drink a lot of coffee and essays would happen.

I might be, like, on the edge of face blindness - yes, I recognize people instantly when I see them, if I'm somewhat familiar with their face or they have very distinguishing features, but I usually have to rely on haircut or somesuch for edge cases, like if I've met somebody only once or twice. But if it's a movie star I know or a personal friend or family member, I'll get 'em right off.

(If a movie has, like, three shorthaired white men of about the same age as major characters, I'm in trouble if the plot is in the slightest bit complicated)

Possibly relevant: I'm certainly autistic, so I don't get as much out of faces as your average person, so I don't study them often. Could be a self-reinforcing loop, there, where I don't focus on the face so I don't remember it well.