Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The thing you have to remember is THIS IS DEFINITELY ABOUT VAN HALEN theres nothing else behind it, I'm just concerned that she might not be up on her musical influences I'm not using this as a convenient excuse for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Little Death posted:

Lol what did Trump do now?

Got confused as to which state Kansas City might happen to be in at the moment.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Significantly less than the percentage of Icelandic people who believe in elves

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Are those of you saying that you could only make it X seconds into the video saying that you actually couldn’t take it and had to quit, or is that just the point where you realized it was stupid, so you turned it off?

I mean, it’s dumb, but it’s not that much dumber than a million other videos floating around the internet. I also never understood the effect the foam video seems to have on people.

They are trying to perform "being cool" or not being "nerdy"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

everyone forgets poor Kevin Sorbo :(

that makes me feel .........DISAPPOINTED!!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

Am I really the only person with an entire fridge door full of assorted sauces, salsas and dips, that I randomly and sometimes disgustingly mix with foods that just need a hint of relish with jalapeño right at this moment?

No dry piece of food will ever go undipped in this household.

i have a mustard shelf with my various mustards (currently four separate mustards) for different mustardy needs

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I love how apparently per the list Bill and Melinda Gates got lynched in India and the president and VP had a death battle over a year ago and only this dude heard about it. You'd think it would have been more notable.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Click Here if you are under 30 and/or just kinda dumb: its the death of Princess Diana

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

if you wouldnt kill for brands...end another human's life... forget it... leave this thread...

E: i feel the need to specify that this is itself a quote of a Good Tweet, by now deactivated account Mr. Baseball, on April 21, 2015, with the word brands and thread replacing baseball and stadium respectively and should not be construed as an attack or incitement

projecthalaxy has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Sep 3, 2020

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I would merely ask Floyd Mayweather to read the nearest piece of publicly visible printed matter and then heel hook him while he was sounding out the letters

lmao. That's the great thing about him! You can insult him as much as you want as long as you don't say it out loud.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I like that the 3d tour has a point in the kitchen specifically so you can closely examine the 8 cases of monster energy on the table.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

earlier multipang transformers had explicit pivot lang model assumptions but i think the press dealio means that the pivot lang arose out of a later multilang to multilang model

I think the google translate robot learned to speak the tongue of the gods, actually.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Skwirl posted:

My only goal in life at this point is to meet a capybara in person, I want that to happen and then a sniper to take me out.

shocking twist: the capybara and the sniper are one and the same

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The dead body would come to life. It might not be (for whatever meaning of be you like) the former occupant, but when you place that old silk hat on its head, the corpse will begin to dance around. This is supported in the original literature.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

He hates living life safely. Hates it. Always going around sticking forks in light sockets, the sigma male.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

In NM we just watched instructional dvds that our instructor would pause to complain about how the government was trying to take his oil

[The government was not trying to take his oil]

[He had no oil]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Delaware has not yet, despite claiming to be a modern state, has no commercial airports, possibly because they can't figure out how to build tollbooths that tall

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I won a free vaccine appointment off a scratchoff ticket.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The entire point of the CW is "remember that thing well guess what it's horny now".
Riverdale, all the DC shows, Scooby Doo (they changed the name to Supernatural for some reason)

I don't know if this is real but I could see it being a submitted pilot treatment by someone trying to follow their patterns

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's probably not the mathematically correct answer but if you ask if it's the ace of spades and it is, you'll look like a real baller.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A villain shaving spider-man is definitely one of those bizarre possibly procedurally generated Elsa's Thoracic Surgery youtubes/flash games there's a billion of.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

they are trying to cast Shellga!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Take a number thats almost 30, multiply it by 3, get a number that's almost 90, do the soyface: This Is Content

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Slurping down a barrel of choccy milk every month to own the... libs? boomers? middle classes? Whoever CNN was trying to own.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Just check which end has the plug before you hang them bing bong so simple

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Sure it seems easy in a vacuum but try hanging em up while you're being yelled at by your wife

don't have a wife bing bong so simple

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

fullroundaction posted:

I fully believe that Andrew WK is a franchised character and multiple people have played him since the beginning. That’s my weird one

Would you say the various Andrews WK form a clique of some kind? A cadre? A... party???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

*looks through telescope, sees a million soviets arrayed against our forces*
*turns to glorious leader*
"Just win, forehead."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You'd think she'd been around long enough to unlock Crown Authority 4 and be able to name her own heir. Maybe try the debug console.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bunch of egregious strokes itt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

NetBeans dad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

BOOKWORLD

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

zoux posted:

I think you guys are underestimating the total cost of universal pre-k and universal health care vs. a jet pack.

It's one jet pack, Michael. What could it cost, 800B?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Why us that bird tweeting the Mercedes Benz logo

It got a sponcon deal

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Toaster Beef posted:

As Fools Infinite noted, American food companies make the serving size whatever the gently caress because they know the only number most folks are looking at is the really big 'Calories' number—so you end up with something like "hey these peanuts are only 160 calories per serving, they're practically a health food, go ahead and eat half the tin," where 'half the tin' accounts for like four servings.

I wonder how cool it must be to live in a country where absolutely every single aspect of your life is not filled with lies designed specifically to kill you. It must be rad. Like you watch TV and it's not all shrieking panic between hepatitis pill ads. dang.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Encyclopedia Brown Outwits/Saves The Pentagon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I dunno. I'm pretty stupid now, the combination of being pretty stupid and in a small, weak body (have we all forgotten how small and weak 6 yos are) i think i would probably not rise to be the world's top scholar as I would have to have one to two naps per day and so forth. I think I would probably not be the isekai protagonist who owns all the libs and gets the girl and becomes a Kid Billionaire. I would probably trip over a lot because my feet would be the wrong size and get bored in 1st grade.

Blank Check Is Not A Documentary

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lucid Nonsense posted:

If you currently have the knowledge to at least get a high school GED, 6 year old you would burn through primary and middle school. Even if high school slowed that progress, it would still be a very early graduation.

I mean yeah probably. And I want you to know I mean this completely seriously, but how do you go faster? Like i went to a very broke school in rural new mexico which probably informs the above but we all had the same pace and tests and whatnot whether we were getting A's or D's. Is it a thing at like nice schools were you as a 6 year old or your parents or what have you are just like "yeah we know this already lets have the third grade stuff instead" and then you just get to do third grade or sixth grade or whatever when you're 6?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lucid Nonsense posted:

When I was in 1st grade (6 years old), I finished my math workbook in the first few weeks of school so they moved me second grade. At the time, I wasn't mature enough to handle the move, so they put me back into first grade. This was at a rural school in southern Indiana, and anecdotal as hell, so your mileage may vary.

E: I thought it was like a puzzle book, so I just did all of them. When I got moved, I thought I had done something wrong.

Weird. When i did similar stuff with our reading stuff i just got told to turn it in normally and sit quietly while the others were catching up.

Long story short I would prefer to not be 6 again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My favorite part, as a spectrum kid with speech issues especially back then would be convincing either a bookie/stockbroker/whatever or some sort of adult straw gambler that I was from the future and had various moonshots to bet on because of it without coming off as a stupid imagination land boy because im 6