Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Oh God it's happening again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s the same joke that gets made a thousand times anyone does that prompt. I swear it’s literally set up so the joke can be made.
There is an old shitpost (where the punchline is that they accidentally log into the wrong alt, an "Edgar Allen Poe roleplay account") where someone deliberately tweets a bad take in order to QRT with a dunk on another account. Follower farming is definitely real so I wonder how often that happens.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The most illuminating part of the Liver King story isn't that the was using steroids (because no poo poo) but that he was already rich and just decided to buy his way to fame as basically a hobby.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Inceltown posted:

Nitter looks like it's permanently out of action going forward. Elon appears to have won.

drat. But on the bright side, I'm sure this will fix the botting problems.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

projecthalaxy posted:

With all this bluesky talk, I'm suddenly reminded that i haven't heard anything about Mastodon in forever, despite the fediverse being the greatest, inconquerable solution to social media

Years ago during one of the previous Twitter is Over moments I remember some Mastodon posters bragging (on Twitter) about how Mastodon doesn't spoonfeed people who get filtered by the weird server system and that's when I realized it was done for.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I am almost certain the hysteria last year over child-friendly drag shows was started by a viral tweet of one by shoeonhead, so Legislation By Tweet can happen but only if it makes things worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah it's the played out hot take at this point.