Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Enjoying reading the bitter right wing cunts whining in the newssites comment sections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Forktoss posted:

First of all, lol

but in light of that lol going back to this for a moment:

I'm guessing Rinne might accept a suitably penitent and broken-down kesk as a crutch to sdp+vihr+vas, which Sipilä might agree to if the next government's sote model includes some sort of maakuntahimmeli (which I don't think the left opposes as such as long as it's not tied to valinnanvapaus, and if kok is in opposition that's not a dealbreaker for kesk)

Yeah I think that as well. Keeping the kok out of any sote reform is really the most important thing, keeping them out of everything really. loving lizard people party.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

SnowblindFatal posted:

Haha yeah considering that the setup already is extremely efficient on any scale I've seen, this is going to mean that the poor and the elderly won't get as good treatment in the future as they do now. I can't see any other way to put it. That's globalisation for you. The richer we get, the less we can afford as a society.

E: To clarify. Globalisation combined with almost uncontrolled capitalism. Of course there could be other kinds of globalisation as well but we don't know of those (yet???).

Yeah I remember thinking as I was younger, how come if we're all getting richer, we seem to have less and less every year? Stores are closing, post offices are closing, banks are closing, we have to cut spending here and we have to save on this and this etc etc et... the richer we get the less we seem to be able to afford.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My fiance took the vaalikompassi last night. I told her she ought to take it to see where she leans so she filled it in while we were driving. She is totally not at all into politics, don't even really follow the news and I think she wouldn't have a clue what's going on if I didn't tell her from time to time.

She showed me her ideal candidate that the program selected for her and said it was a woman, from "FKP" and asked is that like "Finlands kristliga parti" or something, she thought she got a match with KD :suicide:

She took the compass in swedish so I said click on the FKP link to see what party it is. And FKP is SKP = Suomen Kommunistinen Puolue :v:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Darkest Auer posted:

The trouble with populist parties is that they disintegrate on contact with being in the government. While it would be absolutely hilarious to see PS split again, I'd rather have a functioning government this time around.

I'd rather have a broken government than one with Cock in it. I'd rather have SOTE and Keskusta if all the privatization crap went away and even if it didn't save jack poo poo in money, than have the cocks in government.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Interesting that in this svenska.yle.fi article about the parties political positions, Keskusta comes to the left of SDP based on the answers of the candidates. Apparently this is due do the keskusta candidates answering quite negatively to questions on health care privatization. I find that a bit rich considering they tried to push through a reform tha would introduce more privatization.

Guess it just goes to show when you want to get elected you run on left wing ideas, then practice right wing ones.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Sulphagnist posted:

Perskeko government stomping on a human face forever

The kids aren't alright.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Everything about that puzzles me. But at least now I can become the angry old man I was meant to be.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Superanos posted:

Counting votes like that feels really stupid. There are 540k people capable of voting in Helsinki and 394k in Varsinais-Suomi. Li Andersson got a bigger share of the possible voter pie in her voting district so she's really the winner here.

If SDP and Kok are able to work together, the most likely one is SDP+KOK+VIHR+RKP.

Why is this likely? SDP and KOK are supposed to be loving opposites. SDP and KOK means SDP is gonna loving die next election.

SDP+LA+Kesk+Vihr+RKP feels more likely to me. That's still 55.7%, I supposed they could even bring in KD and get almost 60%. Main thing is the lizard people are kept out.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Well I think this election showed, and I read articles on Yle previously saying the keskusta voterbase is more left than the politics practiced by Sipilä. So they ought in theory be up for it if they realize Sipilä is poison, leave kok-politcs to the dickheads.

But hope is a lie and all that.

EDIT: Susanna Koski not getting in is the best news this election.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 15, 2019

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Finland election 2019: Springtime for Hitler.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I think if Sipilä joined with SDP the last election instead of the KOK then he might have gotten his reform through because it would not have been hamstrung by various KOK demands for privatization and freedom of choice bullshit. He could then have done the exact same SDP-Kesk-Vihr-LA-RKP government and gotten 119 seats, not as many as with the government he got, but one I think that would have been able to deliver a SOTE reform and gotten him most of what he wanted. Instead of 4 years of the dumbest government in finnish history and going into the history books as a loser.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Aand Sipilä resigns

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Andrast posted:

Why would this happen?

I've seen some right wingers cling to this notion like a life line. I think they are scared of a reddish government without them, what if they get SOTE through, one of the biggest reforms in the countrys history and the KOKs are standing outside and not allowed to put their print on it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

If kepu sits in opposition now, they risk the same as kok, not being able to affect a possibly successful SOTE reform. This reform is part of kepus longterm survival strategy so I think they will not risk the chance at another go. Most of what they wanted should be doable after all with the kokheads out of the way.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Sharpest Crayon posted:

There's two ways to reach syrjäytyneet: compassion or kindling anger. "It's not YOUR fault things are so poo poo for you, it's the matu and the loss of perusarvot! And no-one's doing anything about it, we're angry about it, you should be too!"

Seems to me this message could be coopted into using the rich and big corporations as the target instead.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Boy I sure like the idea of Fixit, especially on a country dependent on exports like ours! What could possibly go wrong?

The stronk markka would indeed ruin our exports.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Apparently one in three finns want an SDP-KOK government. gently caress this poo poo hole country.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Many cock supporters are waking up from their slumber, and I for one am looking forward to all the hot takes on Twitter over the next four years.

Hope they live stream their suicides personally.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yes well that's why "Kepu pettää aina" exists as a slogan, it's nothing new.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

We had 30 years to fix it 30 years ago. We now have 0 years.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Nenonen posted:

Most if not all of that soy goes to feed cattle so we get beef and... cow milk. To an extend anyway, beef cattle needs more protein to grow and is more soy dependent I think.

If we cut heavily on beef and milk there would be no shortage of farmland to grow enough soy for all of our primary food needs.

We hardly use soy at all for domestic cattle production and that could easily be cut out.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Herman Merman posted:

sir this is Hesburger, not a bad political opinions repository

Just bad burgers

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I like it, my kids and their friends and their teachers all in one photo and once a year we get some actual photos. Great memories to save.

I went through my old school photos with my fiance and kids when we visited my parents a while ago so they cold see what I looked like as a kid, it was nice. And sad too, when I saw my 1st grade teacher who I know died from cancer earlier this year :(

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Well what the gently caress do the polls matter now anyway, they got elected. They get to do their poo poo now until the next election unless they decide to throw in the towel. Seems a bit insane to me to give so many shits about one poll.

I mean yeah the fuel tax was a classic Macron style mistake, that's gonna piss a lot of people off, but you got years of government left. How about getting that damned health care reform passed during your period in government so the dickhead party can't use it to destroy Finland.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

This really seems to be a mountain of a molehill compared to the insane poo poo the last government survived.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm worried the rich will survive

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Well why would The refugees come here if were all iced over :rolleyes:

Ill be going down to greece

I believe the science isn't actually 100% that we'd freeze over here if the gulf stream stopped. There is now also a theory that the gulf stream stopping would lead to more extreme weather instead, it will lead to colder winters, warmer summers and more storms. More extremes all around.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My passport expired in 2013

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

A bit late but my vappu checkboxes were filled. Tippaleipä and homemade sima, that's all I need or want.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Warden posted:

That's the thing, I didn't get beaten up. Some kids certainly tried though.

I did experience stoning, when I was 13 or 14 or so. Like, a crowd of other kids picked up stones from the ground and threw them at me while yelling insults. Boy, did that day suck.

You all lived in some dysfunctional plaes

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

DarkCrawler posted:

People who care so much about logos and names changing are really really really weird. Literally dozens or hundreds of products have done it in their life but if it is done in the name of anti-racism and such, it is a VIOLATION OF MY CULTURE. Did I riot when Aakkospussi turned to poo poo after Malaco bought it? No! And that would have been more justifiable because the taste was so much better before, it was an ACTUAL change.

I'm really loving angry about aakkospussi still

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I think it put Sanna Marin in the not your typical politician camp, I like her, she pisses off all the wrong'uns.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I wonder if I am the only one here really happy and satisfied with where I live. The only fear I have is the long term, if by some economic disaster I would be forced to move away. I don't think I could take living in the city, bullet might be preferable.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

doverhog posted:

Who is going to review the hundreds of thousands of reported applications and how much will that cost? Sipilä wanted something like this, aktiivimalli 2, but abandoned it because it wasn't feasible.

That said, tässä mallissa ei sentään tarvitse saada töitä täyttääkseen ehdot, riittää että hakee.

Sure it costs more to make sure the "undeserving poor" doesn't get a single cent more than deemed morally just, than just paying people in the first place and letting some cheat the system, but try selling that argument to the average person in the street. Bet you they prefer the system that costs more.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Looks like YLE is starting a #bekindonline campaign, so all the mean leftists will stop telling nazis to gently caress off and die and further make fascist and extreme right wing views more acceptable.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I don't understand Kepus current motivations. I remember from some years ago that polling indicated that kepu-voters where to the left of Sipilä and the kepu leadership in general. Wouldn't it be a good idea now that they tanked the party to try and offer the kind of politics their voters want. I don't think austerity and budget balancing are the biggest priority of kepu voters. They feel alot like british labour right now.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Bensa posted:

I could dig up the LOIMU (union, including forestry professionals) magazine with figures, but it was something like 80 - 100 k€ of tax subsidies per worker. And on top of that you have various normal business subsidies, and things like aid for water filtration so they don't completely destroy various lakes and rivers.

Couldn't they just give 50k a year straight to the workers then in exchange for not doing their jobs...Sounds like it'd be cheaper.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

^^^^
Yeah even the conservative commentators in the local news were giving them poo poo for abstaining, the word "cowards" was the most used by everyone.

The most important thing this government ought to do IMO is to get SOTE passed once and for all.

I don't even care if it's a lovely reform, it can't be worse than what would happen if KOK got another chance at showing their dirty dicks into the sote cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

That's traditionally how it's been I agree, but since Rinne SDP went in another direction (a better one IMO). They gave up on the fiscal austerity and now want to do stimulus and have an active fiscal policy. It's made them and KOK a lot less ideologically compatible than they used to be.