Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/jyrkikasvi/status/1104641042714898432

Either those election candidate search engines are biased or they were made by Tieto.

They actually have a good reason for this. It first matches you with a party and then with the most compatible candidate of that party. Kasvi has feminist opinions but the greens don't, so choosing like him gets you the feminists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

PineappleGod posted:

I mean unless you are a coder, engineer, or economist/banker type, where exactly would you go that would give you more money?
For example a friend of mine, who is one of the above is in Germany and now that he has kids, he hates it, because his wife has to stay home, because daycare costs insane amounts (ca. 1000-1500 e/kid/mo) so working a normal job, the wifes salary will not cover the care of two kids.

I'm just interested in hearing, where is this magical country where not super highly educated top of their class people are being paid amazing amounts of money?
Clearly you do not understand his tactic of mooching free education from the government, then complaining about taxes and moving elsewhere with no free education. Probably complain about people not bootstrapping enough when he gets there.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Pekka Haavisto is no leftie:

So basically Greens might join NC in government, like they did previously.

They're called the Parks Department for a reason.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Sulphagnist posted:

It's interesting that PS seems to be doing alright despite there being multiple small lunatic racist parties fighting for the same space.
PS is the only lunatic racist party big enough to have the visibility needed to gather up the protest votes from the sleepers. If you ask Esson Pena what he thinks of Reformi, SKE, Muutos etc. he will have no clue.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Terper posted:

It's difficult keeping up with this thread since I live on Åland and don't speak a word of Finnish but I sure can't wait to vote for our leftist overlords and eat the rich.
Allt är skit och det ska inte bli bättre.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The "If you say finns are racist you're puking on our social security you freeloader!" bit was also pretty great.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Child birth is so low it's even worse than what the forecasts estimated.

Personally I'm blaming the Moomins for bringing anime here.

Hmmm, almost like telling people to have more babies when times are uncertain and there are objectively too many people on the planet. If only there was an alternative to an economical system that requires constant growth to function.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Have we had a proper "Kepu pettää aina"-article in a while?

https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2019/10/07/jatehuollon-yksityistamisen-piti-tehda-maalaiskuntien-kierratyksesta-helppoa

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Meidän perheessä ennakoitiin nämä toimet ja haettiin kirjastosta kirjoja ja Alkosta alkoholia.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Best thing to do is give more money to Luonnonperintösäätiö, one of the few charities worth a drat.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Someone in eduskunta, hopefully everyone, should start trolling the TF by using the same offensive terms that TF MP's use, about TF MP's. See how long it'd take before TF demands a trial because they are the embodiment of double standards.

We're not even at the point where people mention Putkonen every time TF MP's talk about rape. Even the think tank piece will probably be left to rot.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Pohdinnan taso oli niin hyvää että poistu jo. Mitä mainittiin?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Captain Kosmos posted:

Jäi kiinni se arabi/afrikkalais/mustalais jengi. Kuka olis arvannut että nekin on oikeistoa?

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11539877

I can totally see it, definitely an honest mistake.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ulla Apelsin blogging about how we shouldn't give in to KOHU and think about things rationally and after consideration really is something else. Especially since all of her examples are stuff about uppity viher-vasemmisto not understanding why old people are right.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Any links to trustworthy or sort-of-trustworthy write-ups about Vastaamo's setup (so not ylilauta I guess)? I was pretty skeptical when I saw that the ohjelmistokehittäjä-son who was the CEO and most likely did a lot of the early systems is self taught and calls himself a software and hardware hacker, but would be fun to find out how lovely the situation was. My guess is that the DB-server was not running in a closed network and the data was not encrypted.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Darkest Auer posted:

Onko tämä joukko osa paikallista lestamafiaa vai joku ihan erillinen hihhulilahko?
Muistaakseni juurikin tätä. Paikallisia "persoonia" joille vois muuten tirskua selän takana, mutta nyt netin aikana saavat kaivettua "todisteitakin" väittämilleen.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

To be fair, his "nobody move anywhere from the atomic location unit you were born into until you die" would be pretty good for the environment.

Edit: Also a pretty decent idea for a sci-fi novel. Protagonist is one of the unrooted, a select group of people who can move around bringing stuff to all the rooted who are forever stuck in one room / house / yard.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ihmemies reminds me a bit about a Persu who was interviewed by a paper when he was running for local office in Mäntsälä. Guy was all about the good old times in the 1800s and was pining for a return to an agrarian class society, where everyone knew their place and had purpose. He was probably convinced he'd be a porvari or pappi.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

:fap: :shlick:

quote:

Vapaavuori halusi uusien tehtävien edustavan jatkumoa siten, että ne kiinnittyisivät merkitykselliseen urbaanin elinympäristön kehittämiseen.

:fap: :shlick:

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

https://www.iltalehti.fi/kuntavaalit-2021/a/71f01757-e416-4100-b07a-7b7cdf48cd88

Interviewer:
Do you think that poor people and ethnic minorities should be forced to live in certain areas.

Guy advocating that all unwanted people should be placed in ghettos:
I don't.

Interviewer:
But you are sure you wrote the answers yourself?

I am sure.

Interviewer:
But you're not sure why you wrote these answers?

I've been a bit tired lately.

Interviewer:
That's all I need.

Don't publish anything until I've had a chance to read it, wouldn't want to look bad!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Kapybara ei pärjää suomen talvessa :(

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

https://www.iltalehti.fi/terveysuutiset/a/3bea4443-5a84-4263-84a0-a3d79711062e

IL is all about how modern society gives too many shits about hurt feelings :qq: BUT SOMEONE ASKED ME TO WEAR A MASK ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT TODAY :qq:

Also, I've yet to hear about a single actual person who cannot wear a mask because of medical reasons, but is healthy enough to prance about outside.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

It's probably just a change of face so we can have PersKok without TOO much takinkääntö.

So, how stupid is Purra? All I know about her is that she's a generic younger female face to parade around.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Sulphagnist posted:

Yli-Viikari puolestaan ilmentää hyvin modernia girlboss-meininkiä. Kaiken huippu taisi olla, kun molemmilla kerroilla mennessään eduskunnan kuultavaksi, hän piti näkyvästi mukanaan jotain feminististä kirjallisuutta, jotta viesti varmasti menisi perille. Jos hän jää VTV:hen, niin on vaikea nähdä miten virasto voi tehdä työtään millään menestyksellä, ja vaikea nähdä miten kukaan haluaa olla tuollaisen pomon alaisena.
Not gonna comment on the book of poetry but classifying Plutarch as a feminist book is pretty drat dumb.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Wouldn't put it past iltis to make a fake article for the clicks, since I find it hard to believe you'd find a big enough drunken idiot to come out with this in front of their friends (based on pictures) and still have the wisdom to be anonymous.

World's full of idiots though and we can't do jack poo poo about it because freedom. Pretty sure he isn't doing anything technically illegal because it has only been recommended he not be a loving public health risk. I really want to start stalking social media to out this dipshit. Goon project?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Börge här :sweden:

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

How about shaving that off yritystuet
But how can the job creators afford to create jobs without them?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Warden posted:

Voi vittu mie sekoon tähä saatanan 10 päivän karanteeniin. Ois ees perjantai niin vois alkaa ryyppäämään baarikaapin jämiä.
Ei jumalauta voi olla niin vaikea maata sohvalla jotain paria päivää. Ala ryyppään ja kato kaikki Tyttökultien jaksot.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Warden posted:

No kun pitää saatana hoitaa oppitunnit etäopetuksena, ja se on aivan totaalisen perseestä. Mulla ei ole saikkua, vaan karanteeni, jonka aikana pitää hoitaa kaikki työt etänä.

No tuo on kyllä vittumaista. Oisko joku hyvä kiva tauti josta sais saikun mutta jota et voi käydä lekurilla näyttään karanteenin takia. Massiivinen ripuli on oma suosikki.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Kansanedustaja Riikka Slunga-Poutsalon aikuista poikaa epäillään törkeästä huumausainerikoksesta

Deport Jonne Slunga-Poutsalo.

Edit: Was going to post something snarky about her tweets regarding the subject, but that would have been to mean.

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 24, 2021

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Andrast posted:

living in a forest would be pretty sweet if the commutes weren't so lovely

This is why my employer can pry my "1 day a week at the office" agreemen from my cold, dead (possibly quit) hands.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Yeah, people shouting about restrictions being an attack on oikeusvaltio should also be advocating for abolishing drivers licenses and the like. You're not 100% guaranteed to kill someone if you start driving around a truck without any training, just like you're not 100% guaranteed to kill someone by not getting vaccinated and allowing the disease to remain strong in the populace and take up healthcare resources.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ihmemies posted:

At least the law allows for mandatory vaccines. I want this shitshow to end so why the gently caress we are still waiting and wasting time and resources?

"47 §
Pakollinen rokotus

Valtioneuvoston asetuksella voidaan säätää järjestettäväksi pakollinen rokotus, jos kattava rokottaminen on välttämätöntä väestön tai sen osan hengelle ja terveydelle vakavaa vahinkoa aiheuttavan yleisvaarallisen tartuntataudin leviämisen ehkäisemiseksi."

Just make it mandatory, you loving pussies in hallitus/whoever is to blame.

If COVID is not serious enough for mandatory vaccines, what would be?!?! What kind of monster disease we should have before making taking the vaccine for it mandatory?

It is one of the most fastest spreading disease ever and it would kill probably hundreds of thousands of people in Finland if there was no treatment and care.

On the other hand, the vax gives you big balls,.microchips, and death. Or so I've been told.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

matti posted:

whats pif

Piss Is Fancy

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I'm sick and tired of "strong suggestions" being called restrictions.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Are there any trainbrains in this thread who have way too much knowledge of that situation who can tell me what happened, or point me to a decent source on the matter?

Looks like the track was upgraded to electric in 2014 and the current schedule shows that there's a daily overnight Intercity from Helsinki to Kemijärvi.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ukkola is probably the worst troll there is. Like all of Iltis, she complains about people doing things, not doing things and pondering whether they should do things. The day she gets kicked out of the spotlight will be a happy day.

Also, never forget that despite going on about snowflakes being triggered and such, she called the principal of a school and suggested a teacher be fired for trash talking her on twitter.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I believe the only member of parliament not to be elected is everyones favourite twitter-Kepu Kärnä.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

VKK following the playbook of a russian disinformation agent to the T.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-12290157

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Bushmeister posted:

Koirat haukkuu ja karavaani kulkee

Do we have a live-seuranta for CONVOY 2022!