Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Voi vittu mitä nyt taas.

Ei kukaan tykännyt politiikasta viime kerrallakaan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Have a sampler of the fine folk on Twitter discussing the Oulu situation.

https://twitter.com/Aku58128494/status/1084804578628026374

As far as I can tell he's a nobody. I was gonna riff on his take but honestly it'd just take away from the galaxybrain at display.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Luin ton Helsingin Sanomien artikkelin.

En voi suositella.

Lyhyt tiivistys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sulphagnist posted:

It always gives me this quaint, sinking feeling to see American right-wing brainworms infect Finns, be it abortion, climate change, or now Confederate apologia (of which "slavery would have been solved by capitalism so there was no need for the North to engage in bloodshed" is a sub-genre).

Also swallowing the propaganda hook, line and sinker and getting the facts all racist.

Granted I figure they're getting the facts all racist because they are all racist.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nenonen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_-zopnwp8

oh by the way, zambo acorn is seeking a state funeral for an alcoholic wife-stabbing jailbird. must be an election year

Listen have you seen the other fuckers buried there lately?

At least Matti earned his place as a cultural icon, and wasn't actively harmful to more than a few people at a time.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
On the upside, it's somewhat on budget, somewhat on time, and gets people places, so it's better than Länsimetro.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/Kelantutkimus/status/1093759621318279168

The results of the one year basic income experiment were released today, and so far results point out that there are no discernible effect on unemployment, but at least people were happier and more optimistic. So you can either see it as a huge failure or a more humane social security.

It's more humane toward the unemployed healthy while utterly throwing the disabled, especially the mentally ill, under the bus.

Universal basic income is a subsidy for landlords and nothing more.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Andrast posted:

I don't really see how basic income precludes stuff like disability benefits from existing

Then you aren't familiar with our current disability benefits system.

Universal basic income will result in an immediate jump in the prices of things with non-elastic demand - so, rents and food.

In addition, a disability system like ours - especially with the excuse to defund it since it won't be as critical - requires a lot of work and energy just to get a diagnosis, nevermind the benefits. This results in a situation where people on UBI able to work a little live much as they do now, and disabled people are thrown into a hell of poverty and impossible to navigate systems, except even more so than now. Ask me about it taking Kela 12 years to accept a doctor's diagnosis as accurate. (Specifically, the "will not recover" part.)

Because after that the options for disabled people are either to fight through the system for a benefit that may or may not be granted before they die, or just try to make do on universal basic income.

Fixing both problems in a way that they stay fixed instead of vanishing in a storm of racism and greed within a few governments would require political will that also enables you to implement a much better benefits system that accounts for individual circumstances instead of an one size fits all solution with little to no concern for how well it actually works.

SnowblindFatal posted:

What is the alternative in a world where human labour is becoming increasingly unnecessary?

That's a really dumb question. We're not heading toward a world where automation is replacing humans, we're heading toward a world where automation is increasing human productivity, but the sinking birth rates and the world rapidly running out of resources counterbalance that.

Take a look at any kind of task where the algorithms are replacing humans. Or for that matter, fully automated robots.

We're wasting a tremendous amount of reusable resources - and I ain't talking about paper or plastic - and the world's infrastructure is going unmaintained in the very same places that blame immigration or automation for the lower amount of work available. It's cheaper to buy new than to repair, because you can always offload the labor cost of making new items to some foreign country, and to hell with the consequences.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Golden Gate Bride posted:

Actually every party seems to be so full of fygm kind of thinking it makes me miserable. The only winning move is not to play. Or maybe just vote your local lumberjack and hope he isnät a kolehti stealing racist

I can't imagine any other reasons to vote for Vasemmistoliitto than "I'm so tired of fygm", but that's where ya gotta put your vote it seems.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Golden Gate Bride posted:

Sure but even they seem to be afraid of pushing a proper paradigm shift from economy first kind of thinking to enviromental and human rights issues on the top when doing political stuff and all.

I guess I just want a downshifting party so I can finally wear my tuohilaukku with no shame

The options who to vote for this election are pretty locked in, and choosing not to vote isn't even going to be noticed by the fygm parties.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jaxyon posted:

Hello fingoons. Some Fox News reading idiots on my FB seem to think that Finland's government is collapsing under the weight of providing modern healthcare and that's why the US must continue have people go bankrupt because they got sick.

I know that's not true but it's also not a story I can find a lot of info on, can someone point me in the right direction? I realize you have no requirement to educate me so you can also tell me to go gently caress off in Finnish but if you want to help that's appreciated.

They weren't allowed to kill the poor by denying them healthcare by giving control over it to the free market, so they ragequit.

What failed wasn't the healthcare system, it's working fine and is remarkably efficient, the government collapsed because they tried to privatize it and figured out that "privatize it" and "ensure all citizens have equal access to healthcare" don't mix. Which is a problem, because the government wanted the first thing, and the constitution mandates the second thing.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

HerraS posted:

lol eikö rinne ollut yks näistä idiooteista jotka väitti telkkarissa että banaanien rahtaaminen jostain ecuadorista on haitallisempaa ilmastolle kun suomalainen lihantuotanto

He sure was.

His best one was the one where he demanded all AIs should be taught to speak Finnish tho.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DarkCrawler posted:

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000006050245.html

The left gets harassed by racists. The right gets harassed by racists who think they aren't racist enough.

Both siiiideeess :negative:

"I never thought they would eat my face" - President from Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

Their cuts to social services and failure to police the police have substantially eroded people's faith in being able to survive and be happy in the country, and as a result violence has become more common. Who could have seen this coming. I mean, other than literally anyone capable of seeing actions have consequences.

I guess it doesn't matter how much you torture the poor with poo poo that would shock Kafka, them literally ever taking action is not only unacceptable, it's also inconceivable. Jesus gently caress the right wing is stupid.

First they promise the world to the nazis, then they move to backstab and betray them, and then they act surprised their actions led to the extremely predictable consequences of what happens when you encourage and then betray people known to be stupid and violent.

And of course the media lacks the balls to call them out. :negative:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nenonen posted:

My question to you, dear experts, is what type of authority, if any, should the general public exercise on a church community that is led by a pedocultist? Soft would be public attention with expressed suggestions to replace the leadership, hard would be closing down the place of worship. Hopefully once we have resolved this we can use the same solution to all religious communities somehow.

Are you talking about the government here or something?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bloom posted:

I have done a number of vaalikoneet and they keep saying either LA or commies or pirates(lol no).

VL. Fairly easy, because otherwise you're just tossing your vote away, and if you think the chuds care about looking respectable or protest votes I dunno what to tell you.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SnowblindFatal posted:

If we ever get a fascist regime in this country, I'm blaming you guys for it.

Oh, yeah, no, I have bad news about the 20's. And the preceding decade.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

Mikä teistä on Liberan tarkoitus? Minusta se puolustaa yhteiskunnan tehokkuutta ja vastustaa valtavirran Kokoomuksen ja Keskustan hyvä veli kähmintää.

Vittu sää oot jätkä pilvessä.

Andrast posted:

Libera on puhtaasti oikestomulkkujen propagandapulju

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

endlessmonotony posted:

Vittu sää oot jätkä pilvessä.

Korjaus: Vittu sää jätkä oot tyhmä ja pilvessä.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

I voted for the rational Soininvaara "do what works" wing of the Green Party.

Yet your postin' says you're full-on gently caress the poor and give the universities a way to just say no to the proles. You're a cock in denial.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

So you are either unable to read, or lying on purpose, which is it?

Andrast's av fits this page so loving well because even reading your mental gymnastics makes my head hurt.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

Are you not engaging the arguments because you are unable to do so, or because you are afraid of doing so?

And that's "because you're not arguing in good faith". Hth.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

I have not mentioned Libera at all for a while, how about it is progressive to make rich kids and their parents pay more tax in the form of education fees for the rich kids.

How the gently caress would that make a difference compared to just increasing taxation, and moreover what the utter hell on earth makes you think that wouldn't result in education fees that are trivial for the rich and block the proles from even dreaming about higher education?

You can't be dumb enough to not see that that would be immediately weaponized for class warfare - so you're cock in denial, and you being extremely dumb is just the part where you're expecting anyone at all to believe what you're spouting.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Siivola posted:

"Gee boss I'd like to take the raise but if I did I'd suddenly be thirty grand in debt."

How would you even implement this dumbshit proposal anyway.

Give up on the complicated part after "feedback", creating a fee structure that means the poor can't apply for higher education.

That's how it would be implemented.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nurge posted:

They have totally idiotic policies on nuclear power, and the current generation of green leadership is corporatist puppets. They've made the party one middle-class urbanites can vote for and feel good about being ecological. It's a loving total garbagefest.

I'll say it.

I'll also say it, same reasons.

Plus half their current projects for protecting nature are stupid-rear end corporate greenwashing which have at best questionable long term outcomes and just make the bougies feel like they're doing something.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Andrast posted:

If we're being real there is no party that is even close on the stuff we need to do to deal with climate change and won't be for a long while (mostly because that stuff is very expensive and not very popular)

Made worse by the nuclear plastic GMO meat crowd, too, which is a real problem for Finnish environmentalism. And all environmentalism, I guess. Climate change requires answers that are profoundly weird and unintuitive because of the sheer scale, and back-to-nature folks don't as a rule understand that we're well beyond that. Or vegans. Don't get me started on the goddamn vegans and their demands for us burning through our topsoil like there's no tomorrow. Which there isn't without that topsoil, so I guess that's points for vegans in the involuntary human extinction movement.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Andrast posted:

I'm not really up to date with the topsoil thing. Can you elaborate?

Mussels and various other forms of aquatic life, when farmed, will be able to supply us with a substantial chunk of food.

Likewise, maintaining our farming environments requires perennial plants that are good for little other than that and ruminant food. In addition, the ruminant grazing by itself maintains the microfauna which helps a lot.

Both of those require you to just accept that we're not dictating the way nature works from the top, we're part of a complex cycle. Any sort of absolutism about how we manage the system will result in it working inefficiently and as such, require us to turn way more of nature into food production.

The fully vegan alternative would require billions of people to die (because of bees). The more moderate vegan option is still stupid, because the ruminants are key to our topsoil management, and when you accept we need cows or goats anyway, not using the milk they produce would be downright wasteful.

The vegans bringing in statistics that ignore the synergy between necessary maintenance of our farming environments and producing milk and small amounts of grass-fed beef is a constant nuisance that keeps flooding out the much more complex and nuanced truth. Made worse by the fact that their lies then give ammunition to the shits who couldn't give half a gently caress about the environment and just want more meat at all times.

Say goodbye to all red meat that isn't grass-fed and from a ruminant though, that should go to the "extremely high sin tax" list sooner than rather.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Andrast posted:

I'm not really up to date with the topsoil thing. Can you elaborate?

Goddamnit I missed the funny answer.

The problem with the vegans is their math doesn't have enough bullshit!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

His Divine Shadow posted:

The kids aren't alright.

A) Everyone knows it's a mock election, expect way more trolling and people who actually care skipping it.

B) It self-selects for pretentiousness.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SnowblindFatal posted:

I guess considering the historically unique situation humankind is facing, saying that Linkola is wrong for certain is just stupid because you cannot know that. It's impossible to tell what sociological effects any chosen path will trigger and the results would ripple greatly considering the fickle nature of people and coincidence playing a big role in political decisions and such.

I like to lean on the "covert selective sterilisation on global scale" solution like in the British series Utopia (it's a good one much recommend).

Dunno, that seems both less effective and less ethical than creating a culture that enables increasing isolation into groups where reproduction is seen as an impossibility and instead the energy is redirected to finding and analyzing people especially poorly adjusted to society, with a focus on reproductive and relationship mistakes to further reinforce the effect that discourages the in-group individuals from reproducing.

It would inevitably lead to shitposting, but such is the price we have to pay.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SnowblindFatal posted:

Yeah well if some candidate actually had the platform you present here, I probably would've voted for that person. (if he was in the right party (piraattipuolue))

But I'm not sure if even the fringe parties have candidates like that.

No I was actually describing SA you doofus.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Darkest Auer posted:

If calling person A a nazi halventavalla tavalla is illegal, it should be illegal to call person B a nazi halventavalla tavalla. How is this controversial? You can't write things like "unless that guy is a moron" into the law.

If it's true or not already has consequences in the law, unless :thejoke:.

Calling someone a drug user is illegal, unless there's public evidence they're a drug user, this is already something we have precedent for.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ornedan posted:

Yes, and that's extremely stupid and if it holds in higher court then the law should be changed so that true statements are excempt.

But also endlessmonotony was maybe referring to a previous court case that was decided the sane way?

You got it. The judge's interpretation absolutely should be challenged, because as it is, it's saying you never have grounds for calling anyone a racist, even when they're actively advocating for racism.

The comment was more on "You can't write things like "unless that guy is a moron" into the law." - the law already has "unless it's public knowledge" written into it. If it's true or not is also already in the law, though it's not a full defense.

The existing precedent would suggest it's not "halventavaa" if the reaction from people is "duh, everyone knows that".

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Darkest Auer posted:

You're looking at it from your point of view and the law is (or should be) the neutral party and also these are both "public figures" so I guess they're held to a somewhat higher standard than some assholes on an internet comedy forum. I mean, I agree with your sentiment that all these nazi clowns should be called out for what they are but I also think that the law should be the same for everyone no matter what their political ideology is.

Also you're treating this as if winning one court case means that this person is right forever and won't be accountable for anything ever again.

You're looking it from the point of view of [incomprehensible].

This court case isn't over, because it's going to a higher court. Also, the law, as is, already changes based upon the reputation of the accused and if the accusations are true or not. This isn't me talking about how the law should be, this is me talking about how the law is, with precedent.

The only precedent this judgement will set if upheld is that you can't call someone a racist even if they're being racist because "racist" is such a nasty word and :decorum:.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why do carajoicks even exist when all their rulings are overturned in howoicks or the corckest oick?

Makework program for people too afraid of rude words to ever work retail?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Darkest Auer posted:

Apparently judges disagree with you. The case will probably go to hovi unless Vehkoo thinks the sums involved are too petty, but as it is you're wrong.

What.

I'm describing the law as it is. The judge's interpretation doesn't conflict with what I'm saying either - the judge's interpretation says calling someone a naziclown is so offensive it's considered halventava even if it's true.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

They haven't hosed over their base unlike their other government coalition partners.

To be fair, everything being all hosed up is good for their base.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sulphagnist posted:

Perskeko mk 2 with fundies would have a workable majority. I won't sleep well tonight.

The worst government in history and neither Cock nor Arse are hurting one bit.

All patriotism is fascism, any pride in your country is a mistake.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Emetic Hustler posted:

So Finland continues to be racist, that's just great. It seems that immigration is an issue that really motivates voters instead of something that actually matters. gently caress this stupid swampland and the troglodytes that live here.

We will bravely stab ourselves in the dick just to make a brown's life miserable. gently caress Finland.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Are you loving making GBS threads me, Yle?

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10738488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Andrast posted:

SDP and Kok have a absolutely no problem working together

which says something about the state of our politics

And SDP's intelligence, it should be obvious by now Kok is poison for anyone sharing a government with them.