Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

If people get to problematic situations they have to solve them by themselves. I think Finnish consulates borrow money in extreme cases, but otherwise people are supposed to deal with it by themselves when abroad. So if they want to get back to Finland.. well it's their job to arrange and make the trip.

Can't do? Well too bad. No one forces people to leave Finland.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

That's weak neutral posturing. This might work for some random jackass, but we're talking mothers and children here. The mothers weren't forced to fly to Syria, but the children sure were. At the very least we should get those kids out of there.

No law, custom or obligation exists for that. If people need help abroad, help is given abroad in the country where people live or are visiting.

Should we change laws just for these people? If yes, why?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Even the hallitus said finally that the republic won't rescue Syrian isis wives/children from the refugee camp. If the most leftist, feminist carebear hallitus won't do that, seems they refugees are on their own then :/

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Hmmm, almost like telling people to have more babies when times are uncertain and there are objectively too many people on the planet. If only there was an alternative to an economical system that requires constant growth to function.

That sounds like communism, comrade

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Everything a body needs https://youtu.be/2oEnJfZ9joY

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Sulphagnist posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11265991

This rules, the nurses have the employer side over the barrel right now and there's never been more goodwill for nurses as a group. Perfect timing to renegotiate those salaries.

Nurses can be forced to work by law or face fines, maybe even jail? Why would anyone give them salay increases? During last 10+ year bull market there wasn't any money for increases, why there would be in depression? Nurses are just dreaming... luckily that is free.

(I am also a nurse)

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I volunteered for PerSut city council election. I have an interview coming next monday where they check if I'm too crazy for even PerSut or not! Exciting times. Looking at the past what kind of people have been accepted, I should be taken in in no time.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What makes Persut so solid anti-maskers? I reserved a photoshoot for official campaign photos, and the reservation asked whether the photographer should wear a mask or not :sigh:

Also the interviewers did not wear masks earlier last week :sigh:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Ornedan posted:

e: why are you going as arse candidate, anyway? "Reasonable concerns" about immigrants?

Yes. I don't want to share. Livable land and resources are limited on this planet, and both are on high demand and already overused.

Basically on EU level I want EU people to have nice things and people outside of EU not to have them.

On Finland's level I want Finland and Finnish people to have nice things and others not to have them.

Same goes on city level.

In order to progress those goals it seems I have to make compromise on all other goals in current political climate.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 10, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Qtamo posted:

Or does this idea of limited resources only get brought up with regards to others residing outside whatever imaginary borders (city, country, EU)?

Yes, this. rear end finns don't want to share what we have here with others who aren't here. Naturally rear end finns also want the resources residing outside of those whatever imaginary boundaries. That is what civilizations have "always" done and what most are still doing, especially china.

quote:

And as a second question, how are you planning to advance your ideas and goals on a municipal level?

I am open to workable/viable ideas on how to make a city less desireable place to move in from abroad, on municipal level. Somehow Helsinki and surrounding cities in Uusimaa have managed to make their cities more desireable, so we have to make whatever they are doing but opposite I guess? :v:

Something like not offering free healthcare to non-citizens, not offering/opening VOK's, not offering toimeentulotuki or whatever monetary support non-citizens currently receive, no free housing to non-citizens, refusing to take quota refugees if all that is legally and politically somehow possible etc. etc. are the ideas rear end finns want? I suppose. I don't know exactly, they don't usually go to specifics in municipal election programs...

For example towns/cities negotiate with ELY-keskus yearly on how many quota refugees each city takes. I assume it is somehow possible to take zero, with considerable poilitical heat from rest of the country. But that is what rear end fins want so :shrug:

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 10, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Warden posted:

I'll try to say this as kindly as I can: If you somehow get elected, you're going to be be very disappointed and disillusioned after finding out what it is that municipal councils actually do.

I imagine they are trying to figure out on how to get more money to a city budget so they can spend it on various things like healthcare, projects, roads, water, all kinds of small things what a city needs to run. How to organize and find resources to do the jobs the states says cities must do. Then they have lautakuntas where they discuss and vote about all the thousands of small things.

endlessmonotony posted:

He can practice by looking at the mirror.

What a waste of a... somewhat functional... set of brains? They're obviously not especially good brains but wow is that a complete miss on what the arses do as a party.

Well can you then explain about what the arses do as a party. Thanks.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 10, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

I like how he skipped this part

The earth and planet is doomed due to overconsumption and one city is not going to even budge the rudder. Like, I don't care about enviromental issues.

DarkCrawler posted:

Well if you live anywhere the rear end Finns have actual power, don't worry, nobody wants to move there anyway.

Then the party has achieved one of its goals, mission accomplished?

quote:

Mainly racism and xenophobia.

Racism is bad and politically not correct, so is xenophobia. What is still allowed is to want to keep everyone else away in their own cities/countries/continents.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

also known as racism and xenophobia

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

It is not racism to make a general statement from all people in general.

dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries

It is not xenophobia. I don't dislike or have prejudices against people from other countries. I just don't want them here. I don't want to share my cake. They can do whatever the gently caress they please in their own countries. Why should they be allowed to come here?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

i'm not racist I just don't want those dirty people here

The state of people's cleanliness does not affect my stance. They can be as filthy or as pristinely clean they want to be.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nenonen posted:

I don't dislike other ethnicities or races. I just only want to see white Finnish people around me. What is this, Ligur 2.0?

Well yes, that would be the ideal end result of course. It is not easy to achieve when municipalities make them a desireable destination to move into.

DarkCrawler posted:

Well, the party hasn't achieved it, more that dying wastelands are ultimately the only place where its message has any traction.

:shrug: There's lots of dying wastelands in Finland then it seems.

quote:

Yeah, that's called xenophobia, and it is entirely allowed. In fact we have an entire party preaching about mainly that (and racism).

Ok then. As long as it is not a bannable offense/opinion or politically not correct. It is hard to find the correct words to use in today's landscape when you want to aim for certain goals.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nenonen posted:

You can't even say 'neekerit vittuun' in public any more, what has this world come to?? :qq: :qq: :qq:

A politically correct place where people want people to be tolerant and helping towards people.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

j.peeba posted:

It really takes guts to run on a platform of "hey let's make the municipality as uninviting and uninhabitable as possible so that no one wants to move here". I hope you get elected and post progress reports op

I simply can't think of any other way to be politically correct about it. Being any ways selective or having exceptions is very easily racist.

DarkCrawler posted:

Especially funny when there are literally hundreds of municipalities for them to live their fantasy in already.

Sadly I do not live in one so I am trying to make my fantasy real here too.

barbecue at the folks posted:

I love the idea of actively making your own town or whatever a worse place to live in so brown people won't want to move there, that's the spirit! :banjo: Luckily you probably already live in a place that's uninviting as it is.

It is not as uninviting as it could be.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Good question. There is a fair body of evidence that conservative xenophobia is a vestige of disease avoidance strategies in early human populations, so it would only seem logical that PS voters would be the most concerned about disease, right?

Indeed, a PS activist I know keeps ranting stuff in the vein of "the goddam incompetent chickenshit girl government can't bring itself to declare full martial law, curfew, mask mandate and border closure right now"

In many cases though, this instinct is overruled by the average PS activists' spitefulness (anything to own the libs in goverment), FYGM approach to altruism and tendency to subscribe to various conspiracy theories.

I hope this can be changed somehow. It is bad for persut to be anti-mask or anti-vax or publicly voice some crazy rear end conspiracy theories. It does not enhance the already quite bad image of the party.

Qtamo posted:

So your view of the scarcity of resources and land comes only from a competitive point of view where "we" need to be the ones hoarding and overusing the resources?

Yes. The current system is heavily based on buying dirt-cheap goods and services from mass-murdering genocidal country, china. china gets resources for industries by destroying china's enviroment and ripping off and stealing the resources from other countries, especially in Africa too. Ideally EU would wean off the dependency of cheap chinese goods and buy them elsewhere or make them in EU.

If we manage to reduce the amount of people living in Finland it becomes easier to avoid overusing resources if there are fewer people using them. In limited resource scenario I see options as:
- some reasonable amount of people living in plenty
- a larger amount of people living in poorer, less advanced conditions

quote:

You keep bringing up this idea of a multilevel "don't want others here" hierarchy (city/country/continent). Why are the ends at the city/continent (or EU) levels instead of neighborhood and planet?

Because lots of people want to move in to EU. Just look at the situation in EU borders. Generally EU citizens don't want to move to Finland because the wages and climate suck. But when people outside of EU get to EU they want to end up living somewhere, and part of that group ends up eventually in Finland too.

quote:

Should Uusimaa or whatever maakunta you live in become a "no others allowed" area and completely ban immigration from other maakuntas? Is the purest form of this whole idea some inbred village in Pohjanmaa?

Not really, no. No. The idea is to say things in a politically correct way, but let/hope people understand what the words really mean.

quote:

Is immigration from within the EU more favored than from outside of it or should all immigration be banned?

Immigration from EU is more favored. On a country level a country wants educated people who can get a well-paying job or generate more jobs by creating new companies etc. Poor people are mainly a burden on country and so far it seems mostly poor people want to move in here because nearly no one else wants to.

quote:

I mean, the answer to all of this is probably ethnonationalism so we should just leave the EU and so on, but it always makes me a bit curious if there's more thought to it.

Leaving EU is kind of difficult because EU provides many benefits. Being in EU is a compromise. Finland living outside EU would be hell for Finland. Finland isn't UK or Norway which can just YOLO it because of their connections or wealth.

quote:

Wait, would you say your beliefs actually boil down to FYGM? If that's the case, you'll fit right in into municipal level politics, but you'll probably be really disappointed when you figure out that even persus don't care about vastaanottokeskukset on a municipal level as long as they're not in the politicians' own backyards. This goes for absolutely every issue for absolutely every party, though.

Yes, FYGM. It is a difficult challenge to make people see and decide on issues on municipal level. Very targeted/precise NIMBY decisions are not very useful. I don't see what difference does it make where the VOK is. It is too narrow scoped thinking to only want the VOK be to somewhere else than in their own backyards. The politicans should aim for a bigger scope.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 10, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

HerraS posted:

No meni muutama postaus ennenkuin se naamari livahti naamalta ja tajunnanvirta-sinofobia tuli esiin

I have no ideas how to solve the problems in china. On a municipal level maybe don't work with chinese corps or offer them opportunities.

EU boycotts Russia because of good reasons. I understand why EU is not boycotting china altough EU has very good reasons to boycott... it is money and dependancy on the goods and services they provide. Just like with the nazis. Everyone wanted to work with nazis because of the profits, despite nazis being mass murdering genocidal people. Well that happened with many other countries too who liked to put their own population into camps and murder them so it is not something new or exciting.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 10, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Why don't you live in one, if they are such great places?

They are not that great in many other ways. So it again is a compromise...

Qtamo posted:

They're useless decisions and actions, but that's (sadly) what most municipal decisions boil down to, and most politicians at that level are drawn to the most useless things. As a tip: should you happen to get elected, try to get into a lautakunta that deals with zoning, infrastructure and schools. The two first ones are pretty often in the same lautakunta, at least in smaller cities. Those functions all have a massive impact on the finances of the municipality, either directly or in a more indirect way (zoning), plus they'll still be there after soteuudistus happens. And try to figure out something local to actually focus on, something you can have an impact on. This has way more worth to the wellbeing of everyone in your municipality than obsessing over us vs them.

I am very bored thanks to korona and I needed to figure out something to do with my time. Elections seemed to be a nice hobby project! I got accepted to the candidate list yesterday and before that I didn't want to spend too much time on what I actually want to do. That would have been a big waste if I got refused. Also rear end finns haven't published the local municipal election program/themes so I have no idea what the local rear end finn's election goals are. Vihreät have an impressive 50-point list...

It would be kind of awkward to have my own themes to be drastically different from local rear end finns, at least without me first knowing what the local themes "should" be.. I am hoping they release them very soon. I also need to think about personal, concrete themes which are not just "more money/spending for X" since those are too easy themes :v: Who doesn't know a list of targets where to spend someone's else money on!

I don't know of areas/subjects that are extremely wrong/sucky, just on the usual level of wrongness typical in many Finnish towns. I would like to infulence how the buildings look like here instead of the neukkukuutiot style. Arkkitehtuurikapina-style is more to my taste. But it may be wrong to force that style to others, if the majority really likes the neukkukuutiot style of construction...

quote:

Getting good things done locally and getting popular are also the way to get to eduskunta, which should realistically be your goal if you want to have an impact on most of things you've been writing about.

Yes. Getting straight to Eduskunta is quite rare I think. It happens but as a no name random guy who hates people... nah.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 10, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Do you understand that your political philosophy would result into wherever you live being "not as great" in those many other ways as well? People don't want to move into places governed by xenophobic incompetents across the entire world. Much less in Finland.

One realistic strategy would perhaps be:
- have enough xenophilic competents or w/e to run the city well enough.
- and to have enough xenophobic incompetents to influence xenophobic decisionmaking

In other words, hope the competents want to make compromises with incompetents in certain questions, so the incompetents help the competents to vote for some other important subject to the competents.

????

One other strategy is to somehow educate or at least keep the incompetents at bay from inside the rear end finns, if possible. At least it doesn't work that the incompetent people just fester with each other without a guiding hand to a better form and direction.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah well, as seen by your general knowledge of the party you are involved in and how municipal elections/governance works, or from the representatives of PS, from the party program in regards to pretty much every aspect of governance and literally the entire history of said party - and similar parties across the world -incompetence is not a bug but an integral feature of right-wing xenophobia. Only fucktards buy into their argumentation (or the lack of it).

It's incompetents all the way down.

Most likely. I am clearly not competent and I don't have experience or vision either and I am xenophobic so I should fit right in. What other party would have been better?

quote:

People who move to, live, and work in actually prosperous areas don't want to be governed by xenophobes either, btw. Because it sure as poo poo isn't just immigrants PS has shown hostility towards.

Yes. Well maybe the hostility can be toned down. I don't know without trying. It most likely is a fruitless pursuit. At least I have something to do for a while before elections.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Darkest Auer posted:

Maybe you should just stay at home and drink Gambina all day instead of making the world a worse place for everyone, including yourself.

Too bad. People will vote whoever they want to. I expect to get one vote but you never know. No one else is really being "critical" towards immigration so there aren't other options to vote for.

DarkCrawler posted:

Again, feature, not a bug. The hostility is integral to the party and it's attraction for its base (such as yourself).

So no, not "maybe".

I suggest getting a dog or something to keep you occupied, improving someone's life is a better outlet for boredom, as opposed to being a piece of poo poo intentionally trying to make the place they live in worse with other pieces of poo poo.

Guess what, I don't like animals either!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Rappaport posted:

Kaverit, mä taisin just löytää ihmemiehelle hienon vaalimainoksen :haw:

"Niinistö aloitti poliittisen uransa asettumalla ehdolle vuoden 1976 kunnallisvaaleissa Salossa. Hänet valittiin Salon kaupunginvaltuustoon ja kaupunginhallitukseen. Kaupunginhallituksessa hän oli yhtäjaksoisesti vuoteen 1988 saakka, minkä jälkeen hän jatkoi kaupunginvaltuuston puheenjohtajana vuosina 1989–1992. Vuonna 1992 hän jäi pois kaupunginvaltuustosta."

Worked good in the 70's. What about 50 years later?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

On kyllä jotain ihan muuta, jos vihervasemmisto marssittaa armeijan kaupunkien kaduille. Seuraavana askeleena kommunismi? Valtion ottaessa talouden ohjat ja suunnitellessa ja määräillessä kaiken ylhäältä päin, myös huipputiukat ilmastotavoitteet olisi paljon helpompi saavuttaa.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

VR offered to provide HSL train services for next 10 years. They reduced their price by 15% from the earlier level. Now they have to find ways to reduce costs, and easiest way is to reduce personnel costs.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I know that guy's wife. She was a doctor in my workplace and we got along really well. She was super excited to move to the kartano, and now due to bureaucratic hellscape the dream was shattered :sigh: At least they chose the best city to live in after Hellsinki's failure!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Stubb Dogg posted:

Helsinki is what it is due to geography but housing prices are still reasonable in Turku, Tampere, Oulu and Jyväskylä. What is not reasonable is that certain party insists on propping up rural counties that are not viable in any way. Maakunta reform will not end up well because there’s still twice as many of them as we need.

UK has had like 4 maakuntas since 1950's for xx million people. The gurus in Finland decided we need like 20 maakuntas for 5 million people in 2023. Wtf.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

At least the law allows for mandatory vaccines. I want this shitshow to end so why the gently caress we are still waiting and wasting time and resources?

"47 §
Pakollinen rokotus

Valtioneuvoston asetuksella voidaan säätää järjestettäväksi pakollinen rokotus, jos kattava rokottaminen on välttämätöntä väestön tai sen osan hengelle ja terveydelle vakavaa vahinkoa aiheuttavan yleisvaarallisen tartuntataudin leviämisen ehkäisemiseksi."

Just make it mandatory, you loving pussies in hallitus/whoever is to blame.

If COVID is not serious enough for mandatory vaccines, what would be?!?! What kind of monster disease we should have before making taking the vaccine for it mandatory?

It is one of the most fastest spreading disease ever and it would kill probably hundreds of thousands of people in Finland if there was no treatment and care.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 20, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Alkoholin nauttiminen juottolassa on ihmisoikeus

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Catpain Slack posted:

Almost 5 bil would have bought a lot of hydroelectric, wind, and solar power plants.

Or one Olkiluoto 3.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nenonen posted:

https://www.is.fi/khl/art-2000008496336.html

Forget Ukraine, now we're in trouble.

Tässä oli siis DJ Amanda Harkimo DJ:nä? Muistaakseni hän selitti, ettei tiennyt biisiä, ei tiennyt mikä biisi pitäisi soittaa. Etsi Spotifystä biisejä, ja valitsi sitten paniikissa väärän. Rip.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Rappaport posted:

Tämä on aika epäsuomalainen näkökanta kun ottaa huomioon että planeetta syttyy satunnaisesti tulimyrskyihin suoraan Johanneksen ilmestyksestä, meillä on käynnissä globaali pandemia kohta kolmatta vuotta ja Venäjä aikoo aloittaa kolmannen maailmansodan koska Vlad löysi aamumuroistaan kissankarvan. Ja Olli "torakka" Rehnistä tulee seuraava presidentti. :ohno: :dawkins101:

Ei näy nämä mitenkään omassa elämässä

Vielä

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Actually spare electricity will be sold for profit to other European countries, so we'd have to build quite a few Olkiluotos to make electricity cheaper.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I spend most of the time on forums reading CSPAM these days.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Pääsispä itsekin osallistumaan lakkoon. Valitettavasti olen väärällä paikkakunnalla töissä, jota lakko ei sitten kata. Voisin olla tuolla lakkokorvauksella lakossa vaikka loppuelämäni.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Mistä näitä saa kiitos

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Kaikki on pelkkää viherpesua ja tekosyitä jatkaa planeetan tuhoamista. Fossiilisten polttoaineiden ja yhteiskuntien rakentaminen ylipäätään henkilöauton ympärille olivat virheitä. Virheitä ei halua kukaan perua, eikä niitä enää edes voida perua. Ainoa mitä on jäljellä, on seurata kuinka päin helvettiä päin helvettiä menossa olevat asiat menevät :shrug:

Sillä, onko maakaasun poltto tai puun poltto vihreää vai ei, ei ole merkitystä. Antakoot mitä virherpesulabeleita toiminnalleen mitä haluavat. Mitkään labelit ei lopeta planeetan tuhoamista, niin kauan kuin ihmiset sitä haluavat aktiivisesti tuhota.

Edit: planeetan kannalta totaalinen ydinsota 70-luvulla olisi ollut todennäköisesti optimaalisin käytettävissä oleva ratkaisu.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 28, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Itse en ole ikinä raportoinut yhtäkään viestiä. Helpompi laittaa käyttäjä ignoreen.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Warden posted:

Mites siinä sun kuntavaalikamppanjassasi muuten kävi Ihmemies?

It was bad. Sote campaign was worse. From that sample size I realize people don’t want me to decide about anything:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

CSPAM is the best subforum on this forum. Have you considered that you are perhaps simply bad posters, if CSPAM is giving you so much grief?