Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

iospace posted:

Will Super Sebring be back next year?

No one even knows what cars will exist next year at this point

Edit: I'll be at the track around 530, so loving hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
This place is loving packed compared to last year, God drat.

Also the party zone in green park is the dumbest poo poo ever

Edit: dude camped next to me is passed out hard as gently caress. Which is fine. Only issue is hes under my ez up, and sitting on my cooler. Oh sebring.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 13, 2019

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Crash under SC for the prototype challenge, because of course there is

Lol that race was such a cluster gently caress.

I'm so loving glad they split PC off. Two laps, caution. Spin under caution. Destroy barrier. Green. Two laps, caution.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

WEC is on Velocity.

Also holy poo poo those Toyotas out of T7 are just insane. The rest of the P1s aren't slouches either, but the Toyotas are just in another league. Super grateful to have seen them in person.

Out of 10 it's the same. It just...goes. Like it brakes seemingly only because it has to, then it just disappears.

So happy to see them here, and I just wish Porsche was still doing it.

But either way I get to be drunk and screaming on a hill, so I'm good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://www.imsa.com/news/042019/imsa51-imsa-celebration-takes-new-name-after-1968-race-discovery

Wonder if they'll stop selling all the merch now also

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bentai posted:

RACER: Long Beach IMSA Mazda RX-7 GTO In-Car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirbjDxE2ec

I have never been so sad to miss LB. God drat that sound.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1117179314967990272?s=09

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

iospace posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if a majority said it was worth it though

I was there from when the gates opened until about 11am sunday.

Absolutely loving worth it, holy poo poo. Cannot wait for next year. Wish the WEC had more cars though, track seemed really empty for long periods of their race.

I did Daytona this year also, and I highly doubt I'll ever go back. poo poo show all around, and not just the weather.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit: ^^^^ YouTube. Just search wec spa 2019

julian assflange posted:

2 degrees centigrade lol

So what's that in a temp scale that makes sense for humans? Like 39?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
C makes less sense for relatable outside temps than the furcollarometer. :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
All of these GT cars going bonkers is loving glorious.

Aston just smashed the left rear of the BMW. Sadly not hard enough as it's still moving.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The shocking turn of events is that they got hosed and neither incident was on them.

Also I love that wec is so sponsor cautious they replace the signs.

At sebring it was amazing, the track looked one way at night and then totally different the next day for wec. Except that in turn 10 people kept hopping the fences at night and slapping random stickers on sponsor signs. The best was a big black one on Alan Jay's mouth.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Acura seems to consistently have similar pace to the Mazdas, but consistently beats them in the pit stops by 3 seconds, for no apparent reason

Penske

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Mazda will forever Mazda.

Jesus gently caress. I want to like that team so bad, but they're so drat snake bit.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yeah, but it'd be nice if they could finish a drat race with the rest of the class.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/VincentJBruins/status/1137770196763119622?s=19

Sometimes a gently caress up is just magical in its ability to spiral out of control.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shumagorath posted:

It's live. I'm watching it right now. If you're in North America get Mullvad or TunnelBear and exit from the UK.

Or YouTube because theres like 5 streams and they basically never get taken down.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

I don't have any problem imagining ACO being lovely about this (it fact, it seems probable even without these allegations), but I don't see how Christina Nielsen could've been signed up for the current championship she's in and which she's been in since at least January if I recall what the Danish commentators said, and compete in Le Mans too.

EDIT: Also, Kessel Racing won 2018 Le Mans Cup, which gives them an automatic entry, regardless of who else qualifies for inclusion when the field gets expanded (like it did this year).

What other series is she in? I know IMSA but I can't think of any other. She wanted to be at Le Mans, but when the car got denied I think she said gently caress it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm not an expert on American series, but IMSA sounded busy as gently caress when it was described, so I sort of figured that she was busy since she's won it two other years - then again, I just learned that she won the same years that she competed in Le Mans, so it shows how much I know.
Still, it's super lovely of ACO. Keep the old dudes out and add more professional drivers, especially women, in!

IMSA takes the week off just for this, and the race before le mans is a sprint just so they can make it to France for testing if they need to. The ACO is entirely to blame.

Also this announcing is hilarious.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

Water is also wet, and other equally surprising things.

I wish I could stay up for this as I love the whole-night of Le Mans the most, but I don't think I'll be able to; ever since chemo and radiation, my energy levels simply aren't big enough to last through the night (or most of the day, for that matter). :(

If it makes you feel any better, I dont even have that excuse and I wont make it. I mowed the lawn, went to a pride event, and now can barely stay awake for dinner much less the night. Hope you start feeling better soon, that shits rough to get past.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
He had to have lost a tire or something. I refuse to believe anyone who could make this would just gently caress up that bad on an entry.

Then again, the #88 driver quit cause hes a bitch

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shumagorath posted:

What’s the story for #88? I missed almost 3hrs.

Shunted the Corvette, depending on your point of view, and apparently the pay driver just gave the gently caress up and quit.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shumagorath posted:

On the other hand, gently caress Porsche. No 919's just Mad Max poo poo this year.

Porsche drivers are all cunts

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Turned on the stream again literally as Crashtor did his thing.

Dude truly is loving magical.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

LMP1 P3, car #3, got a 3 minute stop-and-go for tires rules violation and that'll likely have cost their podium.
What the gently caress can you do wrong about tires?

Use too many of em.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

What, they strapped one to the roof? :v:
They have 15 sets, no more. If they run out, they're SoL.

Apparently used the the wrong type of tire at the wrong time. I never did hear a more coherent explanation, everyone was confused.

But then he binned it anyway and lost 3 laps.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cygni posted:

With that penalty, the only positive thing for me from the race was removed. ACO has really hosed this thing up bad, fast.

It doesnt make sense, either. How were those the only two Fords that had the issue? The other American CGR GT had a system that was unique or magically aligned to the euro cars?

WEC/ACO/FIA can fluff a hog.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/RyanEversley/status/1144753747714879488?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

net work error posted:

Mazda's still alive somehow.

Holy poo poo they might loving do this

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

track day bro! posted:

I haven't seen one on the road yet which means it's well on it's way to being as popular as the MKIV Supra was.

I've seen two.

They look even worse in person. The hood has a penis.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Mazda really gonna do this again, huh

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The mad bastards did it. Hot drat.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

dsriggs posted:

I’ll never understand why people insist that pavement runoffs are better on road courses than grass or gravel. Ovals maybe, but not road.

I dont think anyone outside of the FIA itself thinks that. Even Hamilton said he wants grass and gravel.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

njsykora posted:

There's a safety element to it I believe, since cars can dig in to grass and gravel run offs and roll if they hit them at speed (see Alonso's crash in Australia a few years back). The bigger reason though is almost certainly they don't want to risk losing rich track day dudes because they got their car stuck in gravel.

I see both sides, but it does ruin a lot of racing.

Also, pavement is arguably safer for bikes, but can also lead to some horrendous accidents from the lack of speed scrubbing off. Cannot for the life of me remember his name, but a rider died a couple years back from sliding under the tires and colliding with the concrete that would never have happened with grass or gravel.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Powershift posted:

They've only done 2158kms, The last full race under 3000kms was 2952kms in 1980, won by a ford capri

Such a great looking car.

How the hell did that Audi not lose the wing to the tires?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I have no idea how Legge is mobile after her wreck. Jesus christ.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

learnincurve posted:

When the series started who on earth could have foreseen the comedy Bentley entries doing so well?

Who could have pictured BMW getting jealous and entering an even larger car?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

orange juche posted:

NGL I'd buy a 60,000 USD Ferrari impersonator if I knew it wasn't going to implode in a pile of cheap plastic parts because GM build quality yo.

Someday this meme will die.

They're not supercar or luxury car quality interiors or fit/finish, but they're not scrap heaps. Even the C5 for all the poo poo it got holds up. Interior is rear end, but the car itself is still great.

Still wouldn't buy the first model year though. First year Corvette's always have at least one weird problem that ends up fixed the following year.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Agreed. Corvettes are built better.

Truth.

dentist toy box posted:

GM cheap plastic feels and looks way worse than any other manufactures cheap plastic. There's just something about it.

Dodge is worse. The Viper (every gen) felt like a Little Tykes push cart. Also the only cars I've been in where the leather feels like loving rubber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
All modern cars are gutter trash. The performance and economy are mind blowing, dont get me wrong, but christ I hate all the screens in them.

If everyone would just pull a Saab and give a night mode that shut off everything but essential lighting, I would he so happy. Even the loving gauges now are like staring in the sun.