Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

An anime about a man and his cat living together.

Mystery writer Mikazuki Subaru, who isn't good at dealing with people, finds them to be a disturbance when it comes to building his imaginary world. One day, he chances upon a stray cat and feels inspiration strike, so he brings the cat home as his muse. Can watching the inexplicable behaviors of a cat form material for a novel?

Mikazuki Subaru

Haru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's good!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I like the cat and I like the pitch of the drama, like it has weight but doesn't take things over. Good anime!!!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Cat cat cat

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:radcat:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I can't get enough of the wiggly tail bit in the OP. The cutest part of an incredibly cute show.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

ViggyNash posted:

I can't get enough of the wiggly tail bit in the OP. The cutest part of an incredibly cute show.

Reminded me of the tooth brushing gif from the DanMachi OP.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Decided to make a couple .gifs of the good OP

ViggyNash posted:

Extremely :same:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
i love pumpkin cat

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
An extremely well animated catte

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Love the cat. Love the show.

:3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
if I wasn't lazy and inept (and already have a cat av) I'd figure out how to chain these two together as an av but it would probably be too big

some others I stole

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
cat is typing

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the cat typing reminds me of the figures from the sherlock holmes's short "the adventure of the dancing men"

overall very cute, but the narrative feels a bit disjointed. cuteness more than makes up for it though

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the cat typing reminds me of the figures from the sherlock holmes's short "the adventure of the dancing men"

Now that you mention it, it’s probably intentional because of the whole Sherlock outfit that the cat wears in the OP + first episode. Nice catch though!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

And episode 2 starts off with the most common cat experience ever. Laptop cat.

e: A good episode about a good person and his good cat. :3:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 18, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Adopt a cat now or condemn the ghosts of your loved ones to an eternity in purgatory!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There was a moment where I was like "are they really doing that" and then they did this show loving rules.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

an actual dog posted:

There was a moment where I was like "are they really doing that" and then they did this show loving rules.

It seems like such a pedestrian topic for a show but its stuffed full of charm and good feelings and its hard to not just grin like an idiot watching this. :3:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

It seems like such a pedestrian topic for a show but its stuffed full of charm and good feelings and its hard to not just grin like an idiot watching this. :3:

Definitely the most wholesome show this season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
really appreciate all the real life cat body language and behavior :3:

including the gut pounce...I have felt that pain many times

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 25, 2019

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The fact that this has an anime now makes me real heckin mad there hasn't been a new scanlated manga chapter in months

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
be nice if it got licensed

ep 3 was a good episode to watch while petting a cat

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Everything Burrito posted:

really appreciate all the real life cat body language and behavior :3:

including the gut pounce...I have felt that pain many times

I think that is a big part of the draw for me.

Really loved how his supervisor reacted to him having a cat.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
As a single person bad at being social, this really hits home for me. I've considered getting a cat to fill that void just like he discovered in this episode.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Adopt an older rescue cat if you decide to do it. I used to foster strays and rescues for a shelter and it ended up being one of the biggest things to help get me out of my shell.

Probably another reason Im latching on to this show so hard. :v:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Adopt an older rescue cat if you decide to do it. I used to foster strays and rescues for a shelter and it ended up being one of the biggest things to help get me out of my shell.

Probably another reason Im latching on to this show so hard. :v:

Yeah I've been getting bits of advice from work friends about it but I have next to zero experience with pets so I'm really iffy about getting one. Like the closest it gets is petting my sister's friends rabbits a couple times.

Also one of them have a cat that had to get a foot amputated and it cost him 2k out of pocket so I'm kind of scared of the cost of a pet, especially since rent in my area is loving bonkers and is likely to get even worse soon.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah don't neglect the cost of vet care, you never know what might come up

one of my cats broke his own leg when he was a kitten and I'd only had him a few weeks, by running through the house like a wild thing and slamming into a stepladder I keep behind a door and knocking it over onto himself. another one (similarly, as an older kitten/not quite 1-year-old cat) pulled a heavy flower pot over and semi-amputated the tip of her tail and I had to take her in on an emergency visit the day after christmas to get the job finished.

part of your job as pet owner is to keep them from murdering themselves out of stupidity

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

grump cat :3:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I've never seen a show generate so much dramatic tension over whether a man will ever pet a cat or not. It's great.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

caaaaat

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love her

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

i love cats :radcat:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
wanna floof that fluff :3:

I'm enjoying seeing Subaru's growth as a person. It's a very wholesome addition alongside cute cat shenanigans!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Haru has the power of the satsui no hado.

Edit: He'd better stop being mean to the cat in short order or I'm going to get mad.

God drat, end of episode 1 and it's already time for the waterworks.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 28, 2019

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

chumbler posted:

God drat, end of episode 1 and it's already time for the waterworks.

Hope you’re prepared for episode 3 then!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This show is proof of tuxedo cat supremacy.

e: Wow these flashbacks to his parents sure dont hold back :smith:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 31, 2019

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Some extremely :3: pets this episode. Especially the dog, what a good boy!!

Someone needs to .gif the roll Haru was doing at the end of the episode, that was A+ cat animation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The manga updated :toot: