Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is one of my top 3 shows of the season along with Mob and Kaguya. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

What an absolute unit :3:

This is my feel-good show of the season (and probably the entire year) right now. It looks like next episode's covering stuff we haven't seen yet in the translated chapters, so I'm hype for that :toot:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Busy week at work, catching up on stuff now.

This show really is the best way to wind down and might even replace sweetness and lightning as my favourite feel good show. :3:

e: These flashback to the parents are somehow so sad but also happy at the same time. :unsmith:

e2: oh my god the other kitten I need a gif of him bouncing around

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 9, 2019

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It's so wholesome and wonderful and I want it to never end

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?
This is delightful and clearly written by a long-suffering cat owner.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Haru status: very noble.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This episode is extremely cute but it's also very funny that it's a "I can't deal with kids" episode with extremely polite children. Very cute tho I hope they keep showing up.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like this show is teaching people about both A) what it's like to own a cat and B) what it's like to be an introvert. I can relate far too much to be exhausted from having guests over and also my parents constantly inviting me on trips I didn't want to go on.

On the other hand, the character I most relate to is the editor, who is desperate to pet a cat but can't keep one because of his living situation.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

On the other hand, the character I most relate to is the editor, who is desperate to pet a cat but can't keep one because of his living situation.

:same: Someday I want a cat again when I have actual space indoors.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have to say though, I have trouble imagining how Subaru's novels could possibly be good given how little he understands about human emotion.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Have you read a light novel? They probably aren't lol

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Everything Burrito posted:

Have you read a light novel? They probably aren't lol

He seems to be an actual novelist, not a light novel writer though.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
A serial novelist more specifically. Didn't think that was a thing that existed anymore.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

A serial novelist more specifically. Didn't think that was a thing that existed anymore.

Hahaha...I mean not like I read young adult novels or anything. There's a lot of novels in trilogies and longer series.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Alder posted:

Hahaha...I mean not like I read young adult novels or anything. There's a lot of novels in trilogies and longer series.

Not "serial" in the sense of being part a series. It means the story is published one chapter at a time in a magazine and only later collected into book form. This is a really old way of publishing books that's fallen out of favor in the West but still exists in Japan.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

Not "serial" in the sense of being part a series. It means the story is published one chapter at a time in a magazine and only later collected into book form. This is a really old way of publishing books that's fallen out of favor in the West but still exists in Japan.

This is what I meant. This is how some old school classics like Tale of Two Cities were written: one chapter at a time delivered through some sort of regular publication. It's the same way most manga are read today where they are delivered through weekly/monthly magazines.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Dickens wrote in installments of several chapters.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I seriously love this adorable show.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, the cat animation in this is so good. I can see so much of my own cat in Haru.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I'm a few episodes behind but just watched the one where they put food in the bottle and she chased it around and it was like, man that is very realistic cat playing, like when she grabs the bottle and bunny-kicks it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I need a gif of Haru in the sweater crawling across the floor.

Cat-erpillar :downsrim:

e: cat + tissue box will never stop being funny no matter how often its done

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Been a few episodes behind, but this show is always a delight to catch up on. Haru is a very noble cat who needs to protect her owner when he's sick :3:

(also took the time to buy myself a new avatar to donate to Lowtax's spine/forum fund, thanks Everything Burrito for posting the .gifs earlier in the thread!)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Gonna miss this show.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Show is pure joy and Im going to miss having something so nice to watch.

e: Oh man catching up on the last episode and Im not crying youre crying.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 28, 2019

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Whenever Subaru’s parents are shown it always gets a sentimental reaction outta me :( Last two eps were extremely good.

Overall a great show! I’ll miss it and certainly wouldn’t mind the possibility of a season 2. (or at least I hope the manga gets an official translation, free it from scanlation hell where it never updates for months :mad:)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It just got a chapter btw

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm way behind on this, did it ever get ahead of the manga('s english scanlation?)

Real reason I'm posting here though is that I saw Lamps was banned and I'm just super appreciative that this thread brought me that news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm way behind on this, did it ever get ahead of the manga('s english scanlation?)

Not very far ahead, but yes.