Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most anticipated new feature
Support for direct neural interface controls
Custom formable internet subculture system
Special mechanics for the Avocado Wars
Province destruction mechanics
View Results

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You're thinking of executioner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I always do the probate run because then the game asks to make so the decisions instead of letting the ai leader do it.
It's how you get to mix policies. I have this utterly fascist border policy, a complete libertarian health care and 100% socialized military economy.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I just downloaded the "Songs of the Second American Civil War" DLC music pack. Which of the balkanized post-USA factions should I play as for the best turbofolk themes?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

cascadia and doing the journal entry that gets you mao's reincarnation and then sweeping into california is a classic one

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I just downloaded the "Songs of the Second American Civil War" DLC music pack. Which of the balkanized post-USA factions should I play as for the best turbofolk themes?

Carter's South Virginian Liberation Army

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DrSunshine posted:

I don't have the guide in front of me but there's an easter egg where if you time the end of prohibition and leaded fuels then ethenol becomes the transition fuels before the green tech tree really opens.
This will unlock an Appalachian moonshine Republic, and if you're into folk just leave the pause menu up

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

do note that getting rid of leaded fuels early makes population opinion management a lot harder no matter which game or update version you’re playing

Hypernormalization strats in particular just break down; if you’re doing a run as an oil-poor polity you can use diplomatic clout to force a worldwide abolition policy and watch the United States just completely dissolve into warring factions within a couple of decades (depends on how far in you are, the later you do this the faster their collapse goes, in general).

if they’ve started any of their psychic tree options early they’ll be able to hold on to the population but the economic shifts will still squeeze them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

LonsomeSon posted:

do note that getting rid of leaded fuels early makes population opinion management a lot harder no matter which game or update version you’re playing

microplastics takes over from leaded fuels in the early 02000s in recent versions