Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most anticipated new feature
Support for direct neural interface controls
Custom formable internet subculture system
Special mechanics for the Avocado Wars
Province destruction mechanics
View Results

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Agean90 posted:

Hey guys I think the Political scandal event is busted, it keeps firing in Virginia and it keeps revealing blackface

it's rng based, every politician character that has "culture = white" has a 0.00001 chance of getting the event fired on them at end of every day so it's not actually a bug, you just got unlucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Wakko posted:

sorry, noob question here- anyone have any tips for navigating the mid-game as communist mexico? i truck along just fine holding off the USA by following the wiki's strat of allying russia and SA at the start, then backing the new confederacy after 'american war' triggers until the USA takes a white peace.

the problem is supporting american rebels eats up so much of my economy that by the time 'so long and thanks for the all the fish' and 'flight of the last bumblebee' trigger my tax base basically drops to zero and stability falls through the floor even with the passive bonuses from communism. once the first water war shows up my military is crippled from fighting reactionary rebels and its gg.

my best run so far was when the USA fully balkanized and i annexed the pacifica commonwealth, but then 'the big one' and 'the BIGGER one' both triggered within 5 years and taxes went negative there and you guessed it, -3 stability.

it's a lot better to go for the 1840 start and avoid losing California province to the USA if you are going for the communist mexico playthrough

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Typo posted:

it's a lot better to go for the 1840 start and avoid losing California province to the USA if you are going for the communist mexico playthrough

that requires a megacampaign and a savegame translator. just download a bugfix mod. those typically fix stuff faster than the devs. honestly, i really prefer War in the Americas for it's insane complexity to this game. Grey Hunter IV is doing an LP of both it and Second War in the Pacific at the same time!

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

that requires a megacampaign and a savegame translator. just download a bugfix mod. those typically fix stuff faster than the devs. honestly, i really prefer War in the Americas for it's insane complexity to this game. Grey Hunter IV is doing an LP of both it and Second War in the Pacific at the same time!

i was just about to say, i'm playing stock with the default 2001 start. not interested in installing 30+ mods or doing a megacampaign, but will bear this in mind.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Instead of funding US rebels you should just fund programs designed to deprive the US economy of its cheap labor. You basically want to reverse immigration flows. Make sure you're taking the 'Ereme Efeme, Baja California - XEHRM-FM' decisions to advertise how cool Mexico is in the USA.

Right off the bat you want to make sure to negotiate with the Zapatistas (bc the US corps will hate you anyway) - the short term maluses are well worth it pretty quick. Get the gently caress out of NAFTA, the US won't do poo poo about it bc 9/11 happens. Immediately pursue drug decriminalization and also beef your politicians' security the gently caress up until the cartels stop thrashing around when the money spigot starts to run dry.

If you're doing a commie run you might already be doing that though, sometimes the events just gently caress you... But also make sure you're not infiltrated by CIA because commies in the Americas get really highly prioritized.

The US will destabilize hard on its own but they might get militant about the drug decriminalization so watch for that.

Late game goal should be world adoption of trade currency other than US dollars.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 02:10 on Feb 16, 2019

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Crossposting this here since a lot of users have been reporting this bug: certain characters have been documented to use the Corruption and Dirty Tricks actions with unexpected frequency, sometimes even when in prison for failed attempts. The AI is actually functioning as normal, the root cause appears to be that in certain cases, the Political Operative character class, when combined with certain traits and statuses such as GOP alignment and the Underworld Ties and Reagan Administration Alumnus traits, can actually have an Integrity attribute below 0. This causes the AI to constantly attempt subterfuge actions even when it is extremely inadvisable for them to do so, such as when there is a very low success chance due to being in prison.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
hahah just had a loving game where catholicism collapsed in the Middle West and the papacy moved to some city in Tuscany??????

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I unlocked electric cars on the tech tree but my pollution hasn’t gone down yet. Help?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

I unlocked electric cars on the tech tree but my pollution hasn’t gone down yet. Help?

have you tried building some solar roadways to power them?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Taintrunner posted:

you have to convert your normal cars to electric cars but the rate of conversion is slower when "petroleum conglomerates" faction power is very high

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I found a seriously op strategy for destroying rivals. Sometime in the 2010s a bunch of charlatans start appearing and there's a chance that one will promote a "hyperloop". It's like a really crappy subway basically. You can invest huge amounts of money in the sham hyperloop company while using red tape to keep them from building in your own territory. This results in them moving overseas. They'll dig huge underground caverns below major cities which causes all sorts of infrastructure damage and can even collapse the entire city into a sink hole. I used this to clear out all of Western Europe during my "return of the Soviets" run.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Taintrunner posted:

electric cars get rid of petroleum but just shift the power burden to the electric grid. You need to replace your fossil fuel plants with renewables and nuclear. have you shot for fusion tech? that cures a lot of problems.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

still doing that west coast late stage capitalism demesne. my character’s lord seems to be bugged and idk if I should care. the lord fired the Wall event two years ago, and I sent some prisoner pops to contribute labor, but there’s no actual building being done. yet the lord’s info pane keeps saying it’s almost complete. just now he fired some event I never saw before called National Emergency, but still nothing happens. is this chain in the game yet? I don’t like paying for incomplete games

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
ffs in my latest Iran game I was trying to push for a detente with the USA and managed to get a deal giving them what they wanted in exchange for lessened tariffs and suddenly these morons just reneged on the deal?!?

I kept save scumming but they always cancel the deal a few years later is this a bug?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout posted:

I kept save scumming but they always cancel the deal a few years later is this a bug?

Perfidious America is working as intended imo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Can someone please just fix whatever prevents American hegemony from dissolving when you aren't playing as them?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Moridin920 posted:

Perfidious America is working as intended imo

They keep declaring war in 2020 with some vague casus belli called "freedom"

it's really frustrating because they always get massacred trying to cross the Iranian platue which leads to them becoming fascist and the situation settles into a state of perpetual war.

I just want to be left alone, is their anyway to reason with the USA?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The USA basically only understands force so you need to rush a nuclear weapon before they can invade. Then they'll gently caress off and you're mostly just dealing with Israel.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prav posted:

have you tried building some solar roadways to power them?

I checked my advisors tab and there’s one guy screaming to BUILD TRAINS over and over I think it’s a bug?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
anyone else have this thing with the conservatives where they make abortions a capital offense punishable by death but then call themselves pro-life?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Yeah, it's a clever bit of world-building that shows off the philosophy's massive hypocrisy, but if it (understandably) bugs you you can go into polidesc.ini file and crtl+f for "GOP_Irony." The relevant entry there can be edited to whatever you like.

I personally changed it to "Death Eaters." :devil:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Got into the beta for 0.19, is anybody else playing on that? Been playing as normal, checking to see if any of the issues above have been sorted out (whistful thinking, I know...). Instead I hit more weirdness a few days ago, starting with this alert popping up.

I've had national emergencies pop up in previous games, but when you clicked the dropdown you got the details of the present emergencies so you can go tackle them. As you can see in the screenshot, there's nothing displayed there this time- so I'm stumped. I've looked through every other screen for an emerging crisis but drawn a blank, so I don't think it's the same bug as EOH-5049 AIDS Crisis not triggering national emergency correctly from End of History II. The icon is driving me mad, is the game just declaring emergencies over nothing now?

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Avirosb posted:

My liege,

I write to you with shocking news! Jacob Wohl
tried to have me assassinated to make sure I wouldn't
discover his plot to Kill Jacob Wohl.

Your humble spymaster,
Jacob Wohl

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Heavy_D posted:

Got into the beta for 0.19, is anybody else playing on that? Been playing as normal, checking to see if any of the issues above have been sorted out (whistful thinking, I know...). Instead I hit more weirdness a few days ago, starting with this alert popping up.

I've had national emergencies pop up in previous games, but when you clicked the dropdown you got the details of the present emergencies so you can go tackle them. As you can see in the screenshot, there's nothing displayed there this time- so I'm stumped. I've looked through every other screen for an emerging crisis but drawn a blank, so I don't think it's the same bug as EOH-5049 AIDS Crisis not triggering national emergency correctly from End of History II. The icon is driving me mad, is the game just declaring emergencies over nothing now?

there's a known exploit where players can declare blank-template national emergencies to circumvent certain restrictions on player action under the Democratic government type, but i've never seen one trigger on its own

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Any word on which version of Stellaris the save import system will work with?

Also I think UNE event chain firing in the 2060s is kinda broken. That might have more to do with the EU starts easily snowballing if you just fund the military and use Ireland's nationalism CB on NI after forcing the no deal outcome to the Brexit chain.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
My country has way too much goddamn cum mana stockpiled, it's way to broken that I can just initiate orgies every time I take stab hits and get back up to full. This is ahistorically WAY too early for mass orgies to be a form of effective social control and stability, and needs a nerf pronto.

EDIT: Or at least make the orgies more expensive. How the hell can Britain produce enough cum to just orgy its way back from -3 after the brexit event chain? Where's the challenge?

JosefStalinator has issued a correction as of 07:19 on May 2, 2019

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Open the console and type in $CUM_PASS=0 to enable the experimental orgy balancing features. We’re not making them standard yet until we’ve thoroughly tested them because we realize how controversial cum mana balancing has been in the past. There’s a reason :cumpolice: became a meme in the community.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Open the console and type in $CUM_PASS=0 to enable the experimental orgy balancing features. We’re not making them standard yet until we’ve thoroughly tested them because we realize how controversial cum mana balancing has been in the past. There’s a reason :cumpolice: became a meme in the community.

Cool, so ironman will still be broken :-/. I guess I won't be playing until it becomes standard in the next patch.

At least I got the "Cum and take it" achievement while it was still easy to max out cum mana even with the Mike Pence debuff (and before anyone else mentions it, remember the achievement explicitly says you CANNOT have the glitterhoof modifier).

JosefStalinator has issued a correction as of 07:39 on May 2, 2019

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Climate change killed all the horses so this run at making a documentary is finished. gently caress this game

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

this game sounds super fun and i wish paradox had the balls to make it irl

e: but would you play as the USA, the Republicans generally, or Trump?

Vivian Darkbloom has issued a correction as of 05:23 on May 4, 2019

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Doing a decent Trump run is tough because you have to keep enough PP stockpiled to keep your "mattering" down or else your presidency ends. One poster managed to pull off a seven year run but then he got unlucky with random events and his brain melted down lol.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if there's a way to have Bernie Sanders win the 2020 democratic primary? Every time I try (and yes, I've tried as both the US and Russia) some kind of rubber-banding kicks in and a random other candidate wins?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think US presidential primaries are just bugged. I just had a game where a “Hillary Clinton” won every primary - even after a notification the leader was dead!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

I think US presidential primaries are just bugged. I just had a game where a “Hillary Clinton” won every primary - even after a notification the leader was dead!

I also got that bug in one game, but instead it said "Jeb!"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jon Joe posted:

Does anyone know if there's a way to have Bernie Sanders win the 2020 democratic primary? Every time I try (and yes, I've tried as both the US and Russia) some kind of rubber-banding kicks in and a random other candidate wins?

The only I've been able to do it is getting a high enough relationship with the various influence groups that control the political machine

One benefit of having it high, though, is that it significantly increases the success chances of imprisoning and executing them

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i thought this was a real thing for a hot minute

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a total conversion mod for EUIV would be technically possible I guess but it’d be a major, major undertaking

Morbus
May 18, 2004

infrastructure week bugged and never ends, had to delete savegame

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

a total conversion mod for EUIV would be technically possible I guess but it’d be a major, major undertaking

some stuff you could do, but unchangeable things like military units and religion would stick out like a sore thumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

bump

ok so the basic problem i see is -- do you play as a country or more of a political party? for places with multiparty systems it's more realistic but maybe less fun to play as a political party, because what do you do when you're out of power