Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most anticipated new feature
Support for direct neural interface controls
Custom formable internet subculture system
Special mechanics for the Avocado Wars
Province destruction mechanics
View Results

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It's cruel of them to constantly tease with "Jewish Space Lasers" event spam, but when you play as Israel you never actually get to build them. Was this laying ground for a DLC that never manifested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Speaking of event spam, on the latest build I'm getting a ton of "%CAN% has a Casus Belli on %RAJ%" popups. Yes, the tags are showing up and not the country names.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1710511661533028629

messed around with the individual soldier customization dlc and i made a paratrooper without planes and helicopters is this intended

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

don’t some AI spawned units come with those in the FAFO DLC?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

that’s early Unsettlement airmobility tech, have you done any research slingshots?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

hobbesmaster posted:

don’t some AI spawned units come with those in the FAFO DLC?

They were always in the files and the game sometimes bugged out and spawned them. FAFO just made a balanced version.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...9#post-29130964

Funny thing is, counter to the myth tags with the -anarchist flag were capable of using chemicals in DOCIII, the probability was merely extremely low.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/BrookingsInst/status/1711062415159214258

david dollar? i swear some of these names are deliberate.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/BrookingsInst/status/1711062415159214258

david dollar? i swear some of these names are deliberate.

it’s a stupid bug where if the character last name happens to be the same as the first name then it treats the character focus as the last name. the community patch fixes this so he’s correctly listed as David David

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1710511661533028629

messed around with the individual soldier customization dlc and i made a paratrooper without planes and helicopters is this intended

"Paramotor Training" is a new focus is added to the Palestinian tree accessible by PLO, Hamas, and PFLP paths. New paramotor support companies grant +25 breakthrough and +25% without supply grace bonuses.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

quote:

What makes you think they have ever thought about anything, ever, in their entire lives, beyond whatever they need to say or do to convince themselves they "won" at this exact second?

New loading screen quotes kick rear end.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

gently caress me, I was busy trying to figure out a way to unfuck the USA's politics while being railroaded into the nonstop political capital whack-a-mole -> "Kick the Can" Debt Ceiling cycle, when the WW3 event chain kicked off like 30 years early due to... of all things, Israel?? This is goddamn broken. Should I just restart from an earlier save?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

You’re trying to do a never-nomad US run and you’re getting the Gaza Strip reduction event before the Avocado Wars?!

Check your supported non-government org charts and see how your Evangelical and Mormon lobbies are doing, if they’ve built up enough political influence by now you’re pretty hosed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

LonsomeSon posted:

You’re trying to do a never-nomad US run and you’re getting the Gaza Strip reduction event before the Avocado Wars?!

Check your supported non-government org charts and see how your Evangelical and Mormon lobbies are doing, if they’ve built up enough political influence by now you’re pretty hosed.

Ah I see it. It's part of the USA mechanics. All the options to reform the political system to remove the various instability-increasing counters require too much political capital, so when one of the political factions in the parliament triggers the countdown to "Debt Default", your only choice is to choose the decision "Kick the Can Down the Road", spending all that political capital on that instead of the 1000+ PP Structural Reform decisions. But there's a hidden modifier nestled in like 5 layers deep of nested tooltips that explains that taking "Kick the Can Down The Road" gives a +0.05% boost to Evangelical, Mormon, and Fascist pop Radicalization every time, which allows their IG leaders to generate more PP per tick. Nasty!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

If you're in a position where you can immediately pivot to full state sanction of the Evangelicals, you can probably finish Disestablishment Clause in less than a year of any conflict, not just a formal war, involving Israel, and then within a few months transition to an Evangelical theocratic confederation using Re-Establishment Clause, then Will Not Comply, then Shall Not Be Infringed And This Time We Mean It.

Puts you on a path to either a hard loss or a never-nomad game which allows you to un-core less-religious provinces in exchange for mad bonuses to your Evangelical pops. With some internal displacement (Evangelical pops won't throw much or any unrest over this) you can set up a Rocky Mountain Redoubt or Fortress Appalachia play. Take care to maintain cores or puppet status on a good chunk of the Great Plains for the former or the Rust Belt for the latter and you'll be set up to handle the Unsettlement happening all around you.

If you're running with PsyWar options on, you could try a Mormon pivot but there's always the risk of a shadow state forming inside of yours and then spontaneously launching your entire terrestrial strategic arsenal with very little notice.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I thought I had supernatural and early psi events off but I got this event and one of the options was “For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.”

https://twitter.com/jaredsandler/status/1718053865382084666?s=46

is my game hosed?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
drat, how much consent have you manufactured?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Early psi events off just lengthens the mtth for the events, it doesn’t stop some player slingshotting early psi. Not a lot of nations have the focus tree to be able to affect another nation that strongly by 2023…

Maybe see if you can get some visibility on focuses and techs for the UK and Germany? If not them it’s likely Canada or South Africa.

…wait you had that guy as your president sometime before this? Yeah I think your USA might be hosed.

LonsomeSon has issued a correction as of 08:48 on Oct 28, 2023

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

holy loly, whats your rng seed i wanna try this run

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just put straight 6s in

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

It's the 324 6s seed.

6 strings of 6 instances of 6 sets of 666

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lol that paradox is still making joke seeds.
I'm on seed 420 and I've got more people in prison than any other country and it's because of drugs.

Of course capitalism is ascendant in all your 666 seeds

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I thought seed 69 was going to bolster my pop growth rate, but it actually increases sex-positivity and contraception use, LOWERING birthrates.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I put in 1488 for a 2014 start and you would not believe the poo poo I'm seeing.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Splicer posted:

I put in 1488 for a 2014 start and you would not believe the poo poo I'm seeing.

the 1488 seeds are especially cursed, I did 4201488 once and by 2040 the US was cratering under President-King Ron Paul, who was over 100 at that point

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

you can use that seed if you want to do a gimmick machine-gestalt mind run via going down the usually-hidden Tron Paul focus tree

most of the significant seeds are good for supporting otherwise-difficult gimmicks tbh

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.
Using 8008135 as the first 7 numbers of the seed has the fun side effect of not allowing any male leader to win elections, which is technically easy mode with a few exceptions : do NOT use it for starts AS ANY COUNTRY before 2020 if you don't want to slog through a Global Thermonuclear War chain of events started by president Rodham.

I found that seed useful to get the psi cheevos with Williamson.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

gently caress me, I was busy trying to figure out a way to unfuck the USA's politics while being railroaded into the nonstop political capital whack-a-mole -> "Kick the Can" Debt Ceiling cycle, when the WW3 event chain kicked off like 30 years early due to... of all things, Israel?? This is goddamn broken. Should I just restart from an earlier save?

The client state mechanics are broken with regards to Israel specifically. It racks up aggressive expansion penalties quickly and tanks your relationship with the other ME countries, but there are huge political power cost modifiers to breaking/downgrading the alliance level so you can't avoid getting dragged into their wars.

It's something to do with the evangelical IG having an israel alliance as a core demand. It's not a problem with the other clients, I tested the alliance breaking mechanics with Ukraine and Afghanistan and you get the normal stability and diplo rep penalties that you can shrug off.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It was broken by the Tribulation DLC, they always push for their wincon even when it isn't in the version.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
My modern armor keeps losing to irregular infantry. I thought they fixed the "Spearman vs Tank" bug already?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Boat Stuck posted:

My modern armor keeps losing to irregular infantry. I thought they fixed the "Spearman vs Tank" bug already?

There's pretty severe penalties for unbalanced forces so if you don't include some infantry in your doomstack (or if it all routs early) basically any army will beat you. You can up your armored cav ratio with some ideas but it's never a good idea to go 100% except occasionally for raiding parties

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Boat Stuck posted:

there might be a severe professionalism gap between your units and theirs.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Hey, is there a mod to show precise infamy numbers rather than rounding? I'm playing USA, and I keep having to reload because I'll be at 89 (which is actually... 89.4 apparently?) and then take two call to arms from my puppet Israel and do the absolute minimum of bombing raids for each (displays as 5, is apparently actually 5.3 or 5.4?) and suddenly I'm at 100 and like half of Asia gets a Cut Down to Size CB on me while meanwhile the UN auto-rules for the other side in every play I'm involved in.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Who cares?
The UN doesn't have any power in USA runs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mandoric posted:

Hey, is there a mod to show precise infamy numbers rather than rounding? I'm playing USA, and I keep having to reload because I'll be at 89 (which is actually... 89.4 apparently?) and then take two call to arms from my puppet Israel and do the absolute minimum of bombing raids for each (displays as 5, is apparently actually 5.3 or 5.4?) and suddenly I'm at 100 and like half of Asia gets a Cut Down to Size CB on me while meanwhile the UN auto-rules for the other side in every play I'm involved in.

lol did you give up your veto?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

lol I bet he picked the 'storm out in protest' option on the event, it's a joke option that skips your vote

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fuckin float math man. i gamed out some alternates on paper yesterday as well but i think theres a skip somewhere. check it out: if you start your gametime at exactly midnight 2000, you can choose multiple "[___] democracy" ideologies

so far ive tried social + liberal but that didnt do anything. next up: double liberal democracy, fasten your seatbelts im going in

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Tunicate posted:

lol I bet he picked the 'storm out in protest' option on the event, it's a joke option that skips your vote

nah, Sulianxiong's super-detailed historical SOV-RUS-SOV LP was what got me into the game to begin with so I know all about that trap option. I just keep getting weird situations where I can veto it resolving to do things I don't want, but I can't veto it resolving not to do things I do want.

Not the biggest issue compared to randomly losing naval superiority around Suez from OPMs shooting their shot, I thought I'd be fine with that because it would just mean my other subjects would have to buy from me and reduce their autonomy but I wasn't paying attention to the privatization mechanic and apparently now I have zero dockyards to make new convoys to support that.
e: wait I do have dockyards left, just the only ones it rolled I got to keep are in the Great Lakes lmfao

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I mean, if you are playing historical-oriented focus with the United States, it's one hell of a tough campaign. It's rough to ride out the Trump/Biden combo, and you are very likely to have Trump again; you can try to jury rig a Republican impeachment vote of incapability, which leads to some incredible moments as the game's AI (that does the dynamic evaluation for the procedural systems of history) works to keep it together but also creates amazing hilarity as result

And well, the lead dev said during the "Imperial Blues" DLC pre-release holostream that the strict historical playthrough with the USA is for players to experience the downfall of its primacy first and foremost, while the oriented mode was for skilled players to try their hand at doing a better transition of world status or even a major revolutionary transformation towards social improvement and renouncing hegemony. Legendary forums poster "yemeni luffy" swears that the best way to try it is to have Trump as president for a second time and just let him do public rallies every single opportunity, but never tried that personally

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Also, holy loving poo poo I can't believe that they made 2024 easier for a better game experience. The NATO "A Mountain of Steel, Gone" clause kicks in, military spending gets an insane multiplier while having a ton of private industry maluses in efficiency, the Suez gets shut down and God help you if you are playing Anglos, AnsarAllah is literally immune to any foreign policy options that you have or can tank it with total disregard because of their popular will traits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I’m playing as China and the western alliance nations simultaneously

1) keep spending their Influence Points on provocations with me that don’t go anywhere while
2) maintaining max trade allowance with me. But the real kicker is they just
3) asked I spend my own Influence Points to help out one of their insane no hope no point middle eastern campaigns and they sent the request as if we’re actually allies

it makes me think the western alliance isn’t so much random as that they are just insanely bugged out. either way though, no idea how they’re letting the most powerful alliance in the era behave completely irrationally.