Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most anticipated new feature
Support for direct neural interface controls
Custom formable internet subculture system
Special mechanics for the Avocado Wars
Province destruction mechanics
View Results

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

So, I'm trying out the new "Age of Posadas" expansion, but there seems to be a bit of an oddity with switching between the world map and the new high/low Earth orbit map. I've been trying to squeeze out propaganda through UHF/VHF signals and I can't exactly see the area of propagation according to how I'm beaming them from my home cruiser.

Do I need to update my graphics drivers? It looks sort of glitchy blocky, but I don't think it's intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hey again, I haven't touched my game all that much, but it seems they pushed a new update to the "Age of Posadas" DLC and now I have to deal with astral creatures from beyond. Why they introduced these units, let alone Influential People that can communicate with them is beyond me, but now I have to completely change my strategy. How do you combat units that can directly communicate with the populace? My old strategy is done for, given that no one is watching TV or YourTube anymore, all they do is communicate with these other aliens.

This was a really rough update. What the hell do I do?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

Play the Marianne Williamson campaign, it's a pretty decent introduction to the new mechanics

Well, did this, I'm about 30 turns in, still not used to this kind of micromanagement. I have to click on each individual person I want to influence? This is tedious. I can't believe the game is throwing every single person on the planet at me. This is rough.