Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Resident Evil 2 remake is out in 10 days and the last RE thread is archived, so here's another one. I'm deep in RE hype so I think I'm finally going to play RE4 with the new HD texture pack before RE2 comes out on the 25th. Can't wait!

If anyone wants to play RE5 or RE6 mercenaries some time, I'd be down. I wonder if RE2 is going to have mercs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If anyone has RE5 on PS4 I'd be down to play when I beat 4 since I heard it's real fun in co-op. I believe it's currently $10

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

If anyone has RE5 on PS4 I'd be down to play when I beat 4 since I heard it's real fun in co-op. I believe it's currently $10

I have it on PC but I would consider picking up the Quad version. It's a awesome co-op game. I also still have RE6 installed so I was thinking of playing some Mercenaries this weekend. I'll echo the OP and hope the RE2make has Mercenaries. It's at least going to have all the Extra Battle Mode stuff from original 2, judging by the demo. But I wonder how crazy they'll get with the bonus modes.

Resident Evil FTW.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Someone datamined something from the demo that refers to "Rogue Mode" and has a character and costume select and leaderboards and includes characters that aren't in the main game like Chris Redfirld and the RE7 protag so I'm guessing that's gonna be like Mercenaries

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

goferchan posted:

if the time zone difference isn't too bad i'd be up for this. finished 4 again a few months ago, have 5 but never played it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I just started up the REmake after not playing it since it was out on Gamecube and I love it so god drat much.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Also been playing Resident Evil Revelations on the Switch, the ship is a great setting and the episodic story has a nice pace to it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

Also been playing Resident Evil Revelations on the Switch, the ship is a great setting and the episodic story has a nice pace to it.

I played a lot of Rev2 raid mode last year. It's a good Switch game. Revelations 1...eh. It's deece I suppose. Jill looks really hosed up in it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I played a lot of Rev2 raid mode last year. It's a good Switch game. Revelations 1...eh. It's deece I suppose. Jill looks really hosed up in it

good to hear about Rev2, I got that on sale some time but haven't still played it. was worried it wasn't any good. Rev1 has a classic RE feel to it, which I really like, but the plot is wild and the BSAA acronym just... isn't STARS.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Back on my bullshit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HD texture pack?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Back on my bullshit.

Wow. You really know how to organize that inventory huh. *raises eyebrows at my single friend*

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wow. You really know how to organize that inventory huh. *raises eyebrows at my single friend*

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

HD texture pack?

Yeah. It didn't feel all that different to me at first but the Castle looks amazing now. You can actually read what the words on the sliding block puzzle say, and all the paintings look great. I'm up to chapter 4 just using the handgun/knife/grenades and my case is nearly empty.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

So many games took inspiration from RE4 but not one of the best parts.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

This and the "hang in there" convinced me to buy the remake.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

actually that's my la-mulana 2 notebook.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sivek posted:

actually that's my la-mulana 2 notebook.

I definitely like all the new notes so far. It feels like they made a lot of changes to the RPD puzzles.

I managed to beat the double garrador (blind claw guys) room today. I'm learning a lot about enemy spawns and behavior in this run due to actually needing to conserve ammo. For instance there's a guy hiding in the corner of this room who is impossible to deal with without alerting the 2 garradors or taking a bunch of damage, and he'll start walking towards you if you ring either of the bells. There are also 3 more guys that spawn behind you if you walk too far up the stairs. So to do this room with just the handgun and knife you have to lure the garradors down to the lower area (hopefully one at a time) and take care of them there. I wasn't counting but it seemed like it took 15 or so knife hits in the back for each of them.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I definitely like all the new notes so far. It feels like they made a lot of changes to the RPD puzzles.

I managed to beat the double garrador (blind claw guys) room today. I'm learning a lot about enemy spawns and behavior in this run due to actually needing to conserve ammo. For instance there's a guy hiding in the corner of this room who is impossible to deal with without alerting the 2 garradors or taking a bunch of damage, and he'll start walking towards you if you ring either of the bells. There are also 3 more guys that spawn behind you if you walk too far up the stairs. So to do this room with just the handgun and knife you have to lure the garradors down to the lower area (hopefully one at a time) and take care of them there. I wasn't counting but it seemed like it took 15 or so knife hits in the back for each of them.

sounds like the best solution is to use another gun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks for the advice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Thanks for the advice.

Lol

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

fwiw, I'm pretty sure RE4 has dynamic difficulty and will give you less ammo/health, have enemies do more/less damage depending on how you're playing.

I think it tracks what weapon you use the most and gives you less ammo to make you use other weapons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sivek posted:

fwiw, I'm pretty sure RE4 has dynamic difficulty and will give you less ammo/health, have enemies do more/less damage depending on how your playing.

It does, but Pro mode sets everything to the max and leaves it there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Played the first level of Outbreak 1 tonight on a whim and goddamn I wish they had made more of these. 1 and 2 are so loving awesome, except for the last level in 1.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Played the first level of Outbreak 1 tonight on a whim and goddamn I wish they had made more of these. 1 and 2 are so loving awesome, except for the last level in 1.

Those games seems really weird but cool. Why not

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

are those the multiplayer online ps2 games?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

are those the multiplayer online ps2 games?

yeah, what's really cool is that a bunch of fans made their own servers so people can still play online. Never played them but I respect the dedication

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, big ups to the REO community. THey're super fun co-op games, some of the coolest co-op designs I've ever seen but they're stuck on like, private servers that you have to run off emulators or by hard coding in a certain IP address off your PS2 or w/e. Essentially lost to time.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

It does, but Pro mode sets everything to the max and leaves it there.

Im pro not having to hear what difficulty you set the game to. ahahahaha

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Im pro not having to hear what difficulty you set the game to. ahahahaha

You clicked on the thread dude.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HD Food.

Classic Thin Crust.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Men Socks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol the Digiorno boxes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Those pretzels are making me hungry.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

when i was like 12 i rented re2 from the video store and i started playing it that night, only to turn it off and go to bed after the intro cinematic scared me

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i played the re2 oneshot demo will have this day one. its going to be awesome

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finished up RE4 and learned a whole lot about the game this time. The HD pack is beautiful, I really recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training Streaming some casual randomizer before the tourney.