Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Cubone posted:

no sorry hahaha

it was this

I was going for, like, it starts out seeming like I have some dumb political agenda, but as the post goes on the politics just keep getting dumber and making less sense until by the end it's clear I'm just loving around

tbh I knew the joke wasn't quite there yet, but my thumb accidentally tapped the submit reply button and I was like "en, whatever. maybe it'll work"

sometimes when you accidentally submit a half-finished post, it turns out whatever you typed was fine, other times you look like a lunatic
which in the grey forums is fine because it's funny to me because I don't respect them
but I usually give Imp Zone better craftsmanship, so I do apologize 🙏

Shut the gently caress up bitch!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cubone posted:

no sorry hahaha

it was this

I was going for, like, it starts out seeming like I have some dumb political agenda, but as the post goes on the politics just keep getting dumber and making less sense until by the end it's clear I'm just loving around

tbh I knew the joke wasn't quite there yet, but my thumb accidentally tapped the submit reply button and I was like "en, whatever. maybe it'll work"

sometimes when you accidentally submit a half-finished post, it turns out whatever you typed was fine, other times you look like a lunatic
which in the grey forums is fine because it's funny to me because I don't respect them

I'm going to need you to wear this ankle tag for the next little while

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hizke posted:

Shut the gently caress up bitch!!!
i want you to know that when pever I say something like "I love the Imp Zone" or "I p Zone ftw" I always very quietly add "except for hizke" because I knew you'd try to diss me one day motherfucker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
dude what the gently caress come on

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

President evil = Barack Obama. Edit: wromg thread and subforum

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Praying for Cubone

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cubone posted:

i want you to know that when pever I say something like "I love the Imp Zone" or "I p Zone ftw" I always very quietly add "except for hizke" because I knew you'd try to diss me one day motherfucker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cubone posted:

thought you'd just wander into kakariko village and start slapping cuccos around huh bitch

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

dude what the gently caress come on

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cubone posted:

no sorry hahaha

it was this

Lmfao but I think Cubone will emerge a better person. Good luck… pussy.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
this game is fun imo. im about to go find heisenberg so im nearing the end i think. very pretty and boss fights have been deece

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Heisenberg and his area is by far the coolest part of the game. Enjoy.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

a Loving Dog posted:

this game is fun imo. im about to go find heisenberg so im nearing the end i think. very pretty and boss fights have been deece

The entire Heisenberg stage reminded me of a moderately lovely horror movie from the late 90s called 'Virus' with Jamie Lee Curtis and one of the shittier Baldwin brothers.

I honestly dug the game and thought it was pretty fun, but the puzzle puppet level was the best.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

why remake the cutscenes from Leon's perspective when you can... just let them play as normal in a loving vr game
tbf just attaching the camera to leon's head in the existing cutscenes probably wouldn't work out well, partially from your brain getting confused about your head sliding around without actually moving, and partially from the characters probably silently teleporting around from shot to shot to look better from the intended camera angle

they'd probably have to re-do every single cutscene as like a semi-interactive half-life thing and that probably goes beyond port/adaption into full on remake

Larry Parrish posted:

the hell do they do for the boulder scenes and poo poo. the game was designed with 3rd person in mind.
looks like pretty much every qte thing, from running from boulders to getting grabbed by angry spaniards, is handled the same way as the cutscenes - showing what the original game would show on a flat screen floating in a dark concrete room

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kins posted:

tbf just attaching the camera to leon's head in the existing cutscenes probably wouldn't work out well, partially from your brain getting confused about your head sliding around without actually moving, and partially from the characters probably silently teleporting around from shot to shot to look better from the intended camera angle

they'd probably have to re-do every single cutscene as like a semi-interactive half-life thing and that probably goes beyond port/adaption into full on remake

looks like pretty much every qte thing, from running from boulders to getting grabbed by angry spaniards, is handled the same way as the cutscenes - showing what the original game would show on a flat screen floating in a dark concrete room

lol. so basically this is already the world's shittiest cash in, anyway.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

don't give into this spiral cubone

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

lol. so basically this is already the world's shittiest cash in, anyway.
i can think of shittier cashins and hell, shittier versions of resident evil 4 (the original pc port had to have lighting patched in post-release!), this is just a case of trying to make a vr version of a game not really suited for vr and being forced into technical compromises in the name of not making half the audience barf

a vr remake of RE1 would be really cool and suited to the medium since it's all tight claustrophobic corridors and you're not expected to suplex a cultist every couple of minutes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

imagining jill sandwich in vr is making me want to barf

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

imagining jill sandwich in vr is making me want to barf

wonder if some indie lunch place has a Jill Sandwich on the menu at this point.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

wonder if some indie lunch place has a Jill Sandwich on the menu at this point.

Beta Bar??

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

American McGay posted:

Heisenberg and his area is by far the coolest part of the game. Enjoy.

this game owns and the factory is great but the doll/puppet section is the part that still sticks in my brain like 4 months later

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

village def kicked rear end.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

beta bar is dead, it got infested by normies and then mercy killed

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

finished it, very strong third act but im forced to agree that the doll house was the best, especially the big baby thing that was terrifying. ive seen a lot of people say 7 is better but i think i preferred this one overall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

finished it, very strong third act but im forced to agree that the doll house was the best, especially the big baby thing that was terrifying. ive seen a lot of people say 7 is better but i think i preferred this one overall

I think 7 is more consistent but 8 has so many kickass moments

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think 7 is more consistent but 8 has so many kickass moments

if you could take the baker house and stick it at the beginning of 8 before the village/castle it would probably be the best RE ever no joke

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Village was more consistent imo

7 dropped off a cliff once Jack died. The final 1/3rd of 7 was painfully bad and the lack of enemy diversity made the game very same-y

Miranda is probably one of the best designed bosses in the series, though it felt more like a Destiny boss.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

if you could take the baker house and stick it at the beginning of 8 before the village/castle it would probably be the best RE ever no joke

:hai:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

on the opposite side of the coin, this looks like rear end lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6UGCyHZCI

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

on the opposite side of the coin, this looks like rear end lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6UGCyHZCI

Lmao at the lovely looking truck flipping CGI and also the dramatic use of 4 Non Blondes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

However the main cast are all very hot so it's impossible to say whether or not it will be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It surely cant be much worse than the Anderson ones....

Right?

The newest animated series was passable, the animated movies have definitely been more watchable than the live action ones (with maybe the exception of Apocalypse)