Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ahh dammit. The site that housed every Rock Star tune I ever lost with, every poo poo cover I ever recorded. Dammit. I hate to see a legend go down like that.

http://tindeck.com/offline.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

Bummed as hell since the netlabel I used to release my music on is also down, and my old computer is toast so I have years of music that is just lost forever now.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

thicc_waluigi posted:

Bummed as hell since the netlabel I used to release my music on is also down, and my old computer is toast so I have years of music that is just lost forever now.

What about Archive.org? Sounds like they’re hosting all tracks for now.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

nitsuga posted:

What about Archive.org? Sounds like they’re hosting all tracks for now.

I've tried navigating and it puts me to a lot of 502 Bad Gateways. I made it to my old page by changing the URL after going to someone elses page and nothing would play back. Has anyone else had more luck? Nothing I would have up there would be lost forever, but I was hoping to save some from that Dutch Oven rapper who had a popular GBS thread years ago for how bad he was. (talking over looping drum beats with a constant echo/reverb on his voice the entire time)

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Man this is such a bummer, I've been using Tindeck since it first launched. Is there an alternative that is as lean and useful as Tindeck?

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Wayback machine basically only has the pages themselves, downloading doesn't work.

This thread gave me a panic attack until I remembered I already backed things up when they sent me an email about closing a year ago.

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

I haven't had any luck downloading my tracks either. Bummer since I had probably a hundred tracks or samples up there.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH
I had my dad on Tindeck leaving a long rambling message on my answering machine where he's really chipper the whole time and he ends the message with "By the way... your sister's in jail *BEEP*" and it's been lost forever

Schlieren fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 6, 2019

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I've still got CDRs full of master recordings of poo poo I did 20 years ago, so I dunno what to tell ya guys who for some reason never back up anything on hard media and rely on the glory and permanence of the ever-persistent cloud and HDDs that definitely never fail.
:smith:

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000
HAHAHA those CD-Rs are hosed. At least mine were when I finally found them after years and years. No worries though I kept all my ZIP disks and have a SCSI card in my ASR-X with which to read them.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I can't get the MP3s through the wayback machine, but apparently some folks got a raw dump before they went down.
https://archive.org/details/archiveteam_tindeck

It's about 3TB so anyone with the space ought to be able to sift through it.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Man this just bit me. Only just realised it. I've got a lot of old tracks on this that I dont have originals for anymore due to the usual bitrot (Yeah I really ought keep archives buuuuuut that involves me being an organized sane person and Im not) this is a bit distressing :/

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

mr_package posted:

HAHAHA those CD-Rs are hosed. At least mine were when I finally found them after years and years. No worries though I kept all my ZIP disks and have a SCSI card in my ASR-X with which to read them.

I found my old 4 track reel recordings from the 90s. About 30 reels worth, in my dads attic The tapes are just loving melted as hell. unuseable. Some of the best bands I ever played in. Just loving gone.:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

For all your parp needs, I backed up my tindeck stuff to

https://ewe2.ninja/tindeck/