Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Check his IMDb; Vincent Pastore has spent the past two decades showing up in anything and everything he can to portray "Big Pussy With The Serial Numbers Filed Off"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
That guy Vito killed out in the woods when he rear-ended (HELLO) the dude's old Wagoneer.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
P:WZ loving rules

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
nostradamus roswell is my favorite disco elysium character

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

can't find the exact quote but I lol'd when Svetlana tried to explain why Irina was refusing therapy to Tony, who was getting increasing irritated.

Svetlana: "Russian don't like therapy, Tony. They find it like gulag, for political rehabilitation"
Tony: "....Alright well this is getting too hosed up for me!"

also laughed when AJ *legitimately* did not know what gutters on a house are, that actor's facial expression hits it out of the park
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgvAxNRtHW0

extra lol at the part where tony uses jackie jr as the example of someone to look up to.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
David Proval is scary as hell in Mean Streets; highly recommended.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

No Fuckin Ziti podcast had a good question about Feech.

Do you think he ever figured out that Tony set him up with the stolen TV's and if so when did he figure it out? I never gave it much thought and figured Feech just assumed he caught an unlucky surprise visit but you can also read his expression on the way back to the can as a moment of realization. NFZ is arguing that he possible put it together right when the Probation Officer asks to see the garage.

I always had that read; he knows he's getting railroaded the second it happens. You can judge for yourself, of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLXNruvfuq4

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also agree on Buscemi as Tony B. He did a good job but was like one level too big a name to be an integral character on the show even just for the one season.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Watched it the other night and enjoyed myself, even if not everything added up. However, I can't believe Chase genuinely thought this would be legitimate cinematic fare. It was well-shot but still fell short in execution to a typical episode. Some good to great acting paired up with absolute dross. I liked Alessandro Nivola's depiction of Dicky and in particular the prison scenes with him and Ray Liotta, but unfortunately that whole aspect of the story kinda just fizzled out much like several other threads.

The AV Club in its prime (sigh) used to have an annual ranking of Inessential entries in pop culture for a given year. Being deemed inessential had nothing to do with the actual quality of the end product, but rather more whether it needed to exist in the first place. I feel like TMSON would land squarely at #1 of the imaginary AV Club Inessential Movies of 2021 list.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

Same thing with the final villain. I can remember Prop Joe, cant remember that young guys name. I didn't like him or his number 2 though, so thats something.

This is hilarious given the character's overall arc and final scene in the series finale.

Unless I'm missing a :thejoke:

Laterite fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 15, 2021

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Matt Zerella posted:

Tony mutters "uncle Ben" while Meadow has an argument with Carmella about the important role CRT plays in the classroom.

* exhales through his nose *

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Let's ratchet this up another level: Is Melfi a good therapist?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
:yikeseroo:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
He'll always be Doogie Howser's friend to me

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
When I was 9 or 10 a bunch of us neighborhood kids would race skateboards down a hill on our stomachs, sometimes facing backwards. The "race" would end if one of us wiped out along the way, ran into a parked car, or hit the curb at the bottom of the hill, where the street curved, and rolled into the yard. This was the late 80s so you best know there were zero helmets or pads involved.

When I was 12 or so I shot myself in the chest with a lead pellet from a BB gun, using a couple snow boots strapped to my chest as a "bulletproof vest". That one hurt a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Proval is so fuckin good & scary in Mean Streets