Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I remember every blowjob I ever got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
YOU GOT A BEE ON YO HAT

STUPIDA loving GAME

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Rewatching clips today and I realized that Jackie Jr might be my favorite character arc in the show. There is no one more of a loving idiot than him and every single moment of him was gold. From the repeated "IT WAS A BACHELOR PARTY!" excuses, cheating on TONY SOPRANO'S DAUGHTER, the hilariously cringy ~mafia sit down~ with Matush to the card game stick up it was all amazing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Basebf555 posted:

I still say that with Jackie Jr. the actor let down the character and the story. I get that he's a naive buffoon, but beyond that there is still an artificial quality to all of his line readings that just feel amateurish to me whenever I watch those scenes. Maybe it works in a select few instances where the character is trying and failing to play the part of slick gangster, but the majority of his scenes just take me right out of the show because it comes across as a lovely audition tape for a guy that should've never been cast.

Really? He always came across perfectly to me. He was acting as someone acting. Jackie Jr. was a soft, idiotic man-child who couldn't do the basic things correctly in anything he tried.

Like the scene where he meets with Tony and he dresses like a loving knob in an attempt to seem cool and callous but within literally 3 minutes he buys every single lie gives him. His every interaction with Meadow comes off with that sappy humilatingly done bullshit.

Easily the best scene he's ever in though is when he visits on Christmas, he's so perfect in managing to miss every single social cue and it's so painfully obvious he came over only to beg Tony for forgiveness.

I feel like they should have stretched him over the show because he was a pitch perfect foil for AJ. At first he's what Tony wishes AJ was but over time he realizes how much worse he was in every way.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Basebf555 posted:

I've brought it up here before and your opinion is definitely the majority, but I had this reaction to him immediately the first time I watched the show and it hasn't changed in several rewatches over the years.

I can see where they were coming from with the casting, in that this guy is an amateurish not completely convincing actor, and how that sorta fits with what Jackie Jr. is supposed to be, a guy who is basically faking it 99% of the time. Still, I have a hard time seeing past what I consider to be just straight-up bad line delivery in most of his scenes.

Yeah I totally get you. I feel like his character is kind of love it or hate it in that he's treading this line where it can easily be seen as poo poo acting. You have to admit though that him getting busted by Tony twice in like two months and giving the literal exact same excuse each time was great.

Also the penguin exhibit.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Low key one of the best scenes in the show was the really weirdly written PIZZA INVESTIGATION?

Does this pie fit a pattern?

WHO ORDA THAT PIEA YOU TELL ME RIGHT NOW I KICKA THEY rear end

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
How do you vandalize a pool?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Was Vito's brother who got hit with the golf club by Mustang Sally mentally hosed up after that? I remember we saw him as a look out for Vito after that and he seemed fine.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BiggerBoat posted:

Brandon. Matt Bevalicqua.

UP IN THE CLUB

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DarkCrawler posted:

Also maybe David Scatino.

Hmmm my old school friend who is a well known mobster has said multiple times I shouldn't be a part of this high stakes poker game.

I know, I'll borrow 45 grand from him and play!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Can someone post a gif of Tony's face when he sees AJ giggling on the computer? It's probably the most palpable "My son is a loving idiot" look in cinema history

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Can someone make an AV that switches between the courtroom artists's rendition of Junior and him looking angrily at him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
How different would things have gone had ajs suicide attempt succeeded ?