Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Holy. Shitballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Zesty posted:

without the farming

RUN YOUR OWN FARM: Grow and nurture your own crops, raise animals and convert the empty woodland surrounding your workshop into a quaint little farm! My Time at Portia offers an innovative approach to farming, allowing you to take advantage of planter boxes and semi-automatic irrigation systems. You can even take your horse or llama out for a ride around the town!

this doesn't add up op

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
ok.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

What does the Resource Box do? It's labeled "No More Resources" and there isn't any apparent way to interact with it. Is there supposed to be something inside it?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It's used for daily delivered items later on once you've done an optional quest.
The tree farm quest will deliver wood daily to it

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
I just beat the main quests a couple days ago so I can give a few hints for end game materials:

You will need a lot of crystals for titanium ore and at least 30 sapphire for titanium plates . Crystals grow from a seed you can plant in a large planter box or the can be mined in the Haunted Cave and around Amber Island. I got a boat load of sapphires from completing a couple earlier main quests.
As of right now for the end game build you will need 40 carbon fibers . I found it easier to search the Somber Marsh Abandoned Ruins with the goggles and change locations with the elevator when I found one or two.

*Edit* Also when you get the factory from Albert, it is far more efficient to do multiple of one item versus doing one big batch. For example, smelting bronze bars. Instead of smelting 5 orders of 5 bars. Smelt 20 orders of one bar each. So in a two hour time you'll receive 5 bars instead of 20 if you did one bar at a time.

waggles fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 20, 2019

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

fappenmeister posted:

Are there solid ways of making Gol fast, aside from selling stone stools at +100% market value days?

Fishing. Just buy a bunch of caterpillars and fish like crazy. Completing the 2 day fishing event nets you good money when selling off the fish afterwards. Iron bars are supposed to be a cost effective item too.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Rynoto posted:

It's used for daily delivered items later on once you've done an optional quest.
The tree farm quest will deliver wood daily to it

It's also used by any assistants you might have, like your spouse (if they help with workshop running) and Ack if you choose to hire him. They put stuff in there that they've gathered from your machines or crops.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
My controller will sometimes rumble when I'm running over specific spots in the overworld. Does anyone know what that's for?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

In the first round of the martial arts tournament I got paired up with Higgins and it was the most anticipation I'd felt about video game combat in a long while
I got paired up with Arlo and was rather worried about the fact.

Turned out that he was stuck fighting a stream of monsters near the station crash site so I instantly won both rounds.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ephemeron posted:

I got paired up with Arlo and was rather worried about the fact.

Turned out that he was stuck fighting a stream of monsters near the station crash site so I instantly won both rounds.

oh poo poo, nice

you're making better progress on the main quest than I am, I didn't get that quest to trigger until after the tournament (the roughly three weeks I sat on the bridge to Amber Island while I did commissions and built up a nest egg might have had something to do with that).

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Is it worth waiting for this to come out on Switch (would love the portability) or should I just get it on PC now (better graphics maybe, mods maybe, instant gratification)?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Rynoto posted:

Get 5/5 Intensive training, 4/4 strike, 2/2 Mastery of Pickaxe & Axe in that order first. IT gives bonus xp, Strike increases ALL damage, not just weapons so pickaxes and axes also do more per swing and take less overall to save stamina. The last two are pure 50% reduced stam use
Wouldn't it be best to go for 2/2 Mastery of Pickaxe/Axe first before picking IT? -50% reduced stamina translates into +100% experience from mining/chopping (since you get to make twice as many swings), which is where most of your XP in the first month comes from anyway, -and- doubles your materials gain.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

a7m2 posted:

Is it worth waiting for this to come out on Switch (would love the portability) or should I just get it on PC now (better graphics maybe, mods maybe, instant gratification)?

This game will not be coming to consoles anytime soon. It needs a lot of polish.

Having said that, I've played 20 hours so far and I'm really enjoying it. I feel like I've only just begun still.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Instant gratification it is.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Ephemeron posted:

Wouldn't it be best to go for 2/2 Mastery of Pickaxe/Axe first before picking IT? -50% reduced stamina translates into +100% experience from mining/chopping (since you get to make twice as many swings), which is where most of your XP in the first month comes from anyway, -and- doubles your materials gain.

IT is first purely because of Strike. The +50% damage on top of +attack accessories means you can break bigger rocks/trees with lower level tools.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wow they got really behind on the voices. How many VAs did they use? Given the time constraints, I would have figured they would have a smaller pool of actors do the whole cast.

Ginger sounds like every female character in every dubbed Anime from the 90s.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I feel bad stealing poop from McDonald, but I need it :ohdear:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Give some to Gale for the Day of the Bright Sun Festival. It's a real hit!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I want this :catdrugs: cat.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
For some reason I'm scraps' nemesis. The loving cat I can understand but scraps is a good boy and I just want him to love me.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Does Nemesis actually do anything?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can confirm that Carol does not like being given Animal Feces.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

By the way Pinky is enormous

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

tudabee posted:

By the way Pinky is enormous

I am in love with this absolute unit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What should I be prioritizing with my skill tree?

My GUESS is

-Extra loot from monsters and Crit Damage in Combat. (12 points)
-Drill Damage in Gather. (9 points)
-Just everything in the social tree related to raising friendship with everyone. (34 points?)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
You should get 4 points in Artisan (it's in the middle tree). -20%resource cost for workbench is huge.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Does storing poo poo gets better at some point? I already am a bit fatigued by managing 20 or so chests (wood and metal).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

haldolium posted:

Does storing poo poo gets better at some point? I already am a bit fatigued by managing 20 or so chests (wood and metal).

When you get the Museum, you can donate 30 items (relics, books and machinery you assemble), which will get you the recipe for a 60 slot box (twice that of the metal chest). Also, when you get the level 3 assembly yard you can set it to assemble stuff for you. It takes from 45-60 minutes in-game to finish one item, but it takes stuff from your chests without you needing to hunt down everything a recipe requires. You can also use it to assemble some stuff while you use the other side of the yard to manually assemble something else.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 22, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If I had played more of the game before making the thread, I would have made the title something along the lines of "Re-Gifting Simulator"

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."
Something that took a while for me to notice was that you can access any chest from a single one. There are arrows next to the chest name at the top and it lets you pick whichever chest you want and take items. For example, you can put an empty chest next to the assembly station and pick from anywhere in your storage if you can stomach using the dropdown menu every time. The list is not completely alphabetized for me for some reason, which is an annoyance.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Poil posted:

My uneducated guess, and not actually having played the game, would be that it's for resistance against poisons or something. Wasn't resilience in WoW to reduce enemy crit chance on you?

It reduced all damage taken from players.

:goonsay:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Connoisseur posted:

Something that took a while for me to notice was that you can access any chest from a single one. There are arrows next to the chest name at the top and it lets you pick whichever chest you want and take items. For example, you can put an empty chest next to the assembly station and pick from anywhere in your storage if you can stomach using the dropdown menu every time. The list is not completely alphabetized for me for some reason, which is an annoyance.

I play on a controller. The triggers switch chests quickly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Am I making the right move waiting for some more patches to roll through before picking up this game? Haven't kept the closest eye on the game, but I know I'm going to pick it up eventually and I'm just trying to figure out what still needs polish before I take the plunge.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The game is pretty much done, the only unfinished bits are voice lines.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

If it matters to you, not all of the romanceable options are fleshed out. Only a few have heart/freindship related events, and some are pretty limited in terms of unique dialog.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The lack of voice acting in parts is... jarring.

The only voice they have for female characters is also VERY australian... or british. I don't know. Either way it's very cheap and awkward sounding. I tried to google who it was and got a BUNCH of articles about how the devs neglected to pay the voice actors until very recently.

Since the game just got officially announced for Switch, I imagine all of that will be filled in sooner rather than later.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

AG3 posted:

When you get the Museum, you can donate 30 items (relics, books and machinery you assemble), which will get you the recipe for a 60 slot box (twice that of the metal chest). Also, when you get the level 3 assembly yard you can set it to assemble stuff for you. It takes from 45-60 minutes in-game to finish one item, but it takes stuff from your chests without you needing to hunt down everything a recipe requires. You can also use it to assemble some stuff while you use the other side of the yard to manually assemble something else.

Thanks! The latter sounds especially useful.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I got this the other day and that was not how I was pronouncing the name in my head.

Also I gave the mayor a couch and he's going to throw it at me from an airplane I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Saint Freak posted:

I got this the other day and that was not how I was pronouncing the name in my head.

Also I gave the mayor a couch and he's going to throw it at me from an airplane I think.

It actually depends on who you ask, a lot like real life.

Most people pronounce it like a snobby Porsche owner.

Some people (I think Dr. Xu at least) call it PORT-e-a.

I enjoy this game, but yeah, it's definitely just a grind all the time. For 3d Harvest Moon/Stardew, it's one of the better ones though.