Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I started a new save for the release, but I forget when the (multiple early plot commissions spoilers?) Dee-Dee commissions are supposed to start showing up. I built the bridge to Amber Island, installed the battery, killed the rat, and Gale even announced the plan to build the Dee-Dees, but I still only have generic townspeople commissions showing up. Was there another event I've forgotten? I have the blueprint for the Dee-Dees, however, so I've already built two because sportsmanship is for chumps.

I'm also kind of sad they replaced Paulie's voice. On the discord they mentioned losing his VA, but I hoped it would still have the same vibe, not just Generic Man Voice. :sigh: Oh well, I turned off voices anyway to make the occasional lack of VA less jarring, so I'll just pretend he's still a plucky Eastern European (?) dude living his best life.

Edit: apparently my post summoned some sort of arcane magicks because I got the thing in spoilers literally the next in game day. Patience is a virtue or whatever

tudabee fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

By the way Pinky is enormous

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

If it matters to you, not all of the romanceable options are fleshed out. Only a few have heart/freindship related events, and some are pretty limited in terms of unique dialog.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Panfilo posted:

There's little actual farming in the game. It's rather time consuming until you hire Ack and paying him cuts into your margins. Pretty much all the small planter box crops are things you carry buy or forage (rainbow flowers is one of the few you'll need to grow to make pigments). Growing crystal/apple/apricot trees is better, plus using a giant seed to grow some monstrous kumquat or whatever.

Recent patch nerfed fishing which upset people. Though I would argue the game is open ended enough that it really doesn't matter, I guess some players are really lazy and want some easy gimmick to rush through the content. But there's so much working in the players favor and so much to do it doesn't matter in the long run.

Just so you know, you can buy pigments from Carol (clothing store) now, so you don't even need to grow those.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Important question: is Unsuur going to be mad at me if I don't have paint for his quest :ohdear: i don't have a blender yet! i really need to stop immediately talking to every blue icon i see

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Oh, thank goodness, thank you. I thought he said something like "in X days" so I assumed it was timed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Indeed, he waited quite patiently, which turned out to be appropriate given the quest :v:

In other news, Unsuur is an enormous dork and I think I love him