Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i found a post that claimed gift decay works by downgrading how much a person likes a gift by one level, which goes back up a level after two days. so if you overload someone too far it can take a week to revert. it seems to work well enough.

i just save the good gifts for sunday, when most of the town congregates. even the weird loners hang out together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what exactly does luck do?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
does it affect all of those seemingly useless percentage based knowledge skills?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the medicine test is very important because that's how you unlock the various mount upgrade drugs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Minor thing I noticed: when doing inspections the defects on the item on the right are visible before you go into inspection mode, so you can peek at them without dealing with the time limit (though you obviously can't rotate them).

While some defects are very obvious, others are surprisingly subtle like divots that can only really be seen if you orient the item to a specific angle. If you're stumped make sure you've looked at all six sides of the item!

or you can just make a bunch of magnifiers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unsuur is surprisingly charming.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
critter cards and sparring provide extra free sources of friendship points. this can be useful for the dudes that rarely post commissions and don't participate in events. very few of the townsfolk ever provide much of a challenge while sparring. also, there's no penalty for losing. you just get fewer points.

don't sell your materials. you get more than enough money from doing daily commissions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are mods to fix most of the problems i had with portia. i don't think there's anything like the glorious combined inventory chests, unfortunately.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
space is only at a premium if you do cosmetic building projects or ranching, anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is a whole other page of requests for food. also, numerous side quests require growing crops.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd suggest doing the bare minimum of farming until you unlock a better planting kit that can work on multiple squares at once, though. it's pretty tedious trying to do farming block by block.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
both. i wouldn't recommend taking commissions you can't fill for a while, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
of particular note is the robot that spawns right outside of the scrapyard gate after the bus appears. that's a guaranteed circuit for free every day. you need a lot of those.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are both good sources of stamina furniture.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i get it. there must be a real shortage of single, attractive people that love grubbing around in junk piles and ruins all day every day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the semi-sapient kangaroo men have a unique defeat animation that makes it clear they aren't dying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, it's probably more accurate to drop the sapient part.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for how common plastic is, it really isn't used for much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really wish you could put in external staircases for attic warehouses.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's roughly 9. you don't have to be there right on the dot. also, if the quests are actually going to expire it says as much on the description. usually, that means if you don't get there within a few hours of the stated time it rolls over to the next day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i failed that one too. i don't usually need more than one drying rack. jerky is a waste of meat, you can't buy fish, and there's not much use for paper.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, the longer you leave the game running the more npcs teleport around.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
materials you have to collect manually all seem to run out quickly. the ore refinery is always hungry.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rose willows don't produce particularly useful crops. instead, they provide vastly more soil exp than anything else. a tree planted on brand new level 1 soil would take years to max out. however, soil level barely matters because it does nothing for growth rate. you can remove biocrust and place it elsewhere, but you can also move soil and crops in construction mode.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can donate most crafted weapons and armor and almost all of the assembly station items. the museum is kind of pointless right now, though. it's nice to have a relic crafter machine but that's about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a mod that marks items you have already donated. i'd highly suggest using it if you are going to bother with museum completionism.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can pick up trash without consuming stamina and gain a trivial amount of exp. this is the only purpose.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if i somehow ran out of dregs, power stones are almost as easy to come by.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the first time you try to cut down a tree near the town burgess will pop up to warn you. afterward, it is only penalized if you get caught. there's not much reason to bother though. wood stops being scarce as soon as you make a bronze axe and start clearing deadwood.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
actually, he's a marble eater.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the characters that post commissions regularly don't need gifts. the ones that rarely/never do probably won't max out without gifts. pets in particular really need gifts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a side quest which enables pet adoption. once you are at buddy status with an unattached animal (so not x, captain or sandy) there's an option to adopt them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd adopt him if there was a perch i could buy. what is an owl going to do with a pet sofa?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some of the main story quests give points with everyone. this includes characters that have yet to join the town.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

My coffee tea tree finally finished!

I have events popping up left and right now. It also seems like I'm starting to trigger some characters' romance events. Amirah has really grown on me (I just finished what I think was probably her main side quest chain, where you make the kiln), but I also want to get to know other characters more who haven't had a chance to do much yet.

Do all romance-able characters give you an option to start a romance via a quest, like Unsuur?

no. but quest or not, you can give them heart knots.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Managed to get the refiner built anyway to give it a try but then I saw that I needed something else for the actual refining and went 'forget this' and abandoned the commission. At least I have the Refiner when I need it though.

refine your tools and machines to purple.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were created there and somehow learned the corporate culture as the basis for their society. it's not very complicated.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's not the main character, but that's just because she doesn't get nearly enough respect.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i kind of wish she had left earlier and been gone for longer. that dramatic change took about three days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought musa was very polite to explain things to him so clearly.