Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I've been playing for 33 hours so far and I'm really enjoying it. The game has a really nice rhythm to it once you get going. I'm 33 hours in and still having fun, also was able to beat Higgins to the top spot in only 3 months, I feel pretty :smug: right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Disappointing Pie posted:

Alright Where do you find springs? The book says the ruins but I’ve dug for 3 days and found everything but springs.

I believe it's the fighting ruins, not the digging ruins that drop springs iirc.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Fwiw the nurse lady's bonus is 40% off acupuncture so balance that on how much you care about big honkers.

With jiggle physics, don't forget that

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I enjoy fishing in this game, was able to unlock the final fishing rod about 2 weeks after the museum opened. I think I'm at a part of the game now where I need to go relic hunting in digs and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really wish they could just see what I had in my chests instead of me needing to have them in my inventory.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Panfilo posted:

One of the rewards you get is the same combiner machine they have in the research center. It does take 3 hours vs research center finishing instantly, but it automatically grabs from all your boxes inventory so it's much easier.

Oh gently caress yeah that sounds amazing, thank you! :getin:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Alice is definitely the cutest so I'm gonna marry her, this picture also includes my dumbass horse who needs to be every single picture I ever take.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I got the 3rd level assembly machine and hot drat is it awesome, I've also got a dude on my property who automates everything, got some automated plants with auto fertilizers. This game is really neat because it does feel I earned all this.

Now to start leveling up my social stuff so I can start getting into some pants.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

I hired Ack finally, but how do I make him actually do things? I know I have to unlock them with chips, but he just visits to stare at his dead girlfriend and then leaves :(.

You've gotta get him to a certain friendship level, he loves (10 points+) iron pots which are really cheap to make from your workshop so you can get that up quick

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Luckily the fighting in infrequent enough that all the clicking doesn't get to diablo levels

Got this game as an xmo prezo to myself and I'm having a blast... The camel Sandy freaks me out though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I would be really upset if the my time series goes into dark/depressing themes this game is a really nice escape from the outside world. Like someone said above I think they could pull it off but like it's the last thing I want in terms of themes.

A wild frontier though or like that train idea, oh yes.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

All of the 1 on 1 time with Unsuur is a lot of fun, it's silly but endearing?

Burgess though ooh I dislike him so much. I call him Burgass under my breath sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Who even chooses Burgess besdies just wanting to see what happens or as a lark.

Burgess :argh: