Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think each character will admire a particular relic more than once and they certainly won't look at more than one in a single trip. still, it's free rep for stuff you were already using as stat furniture.

I put up relics early and my yard constantly has someone looking into it, saying some thing I have is neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

I'm currently in Summer Year 2. I have my speed set to 0.6 though, which gives me a lot of time in the day.

At my current point, I'm pretty much out of all side content though and I have enough resources that I could probably blitz the remainder of the game. I bet I have about sub-10 hours left if I just focus on main story.

Story-wise, I have all four ruins open and am back to building the Portia tunnel.

My one main complaint is that side quests are horribly paced and front-loaded. I wish they were better paced out across the main story. I feel like the Summer/Autumn year 1 are filled with side quests popping up 2-4 per day. Now it's just a drought.

A lot of those sidequests are "fish for me" cruft though. I could do with those coming at much less of a pace.

MechaCrash posted:

It can also snatch away your items. It says that if you follow the direction of the wind, you can find the things that blew away, but I've never found anything that I've lost that way, so I always put on my goofy mask so I don't lose all my poo poo.

I thought it snatched your items from crafting stations that haven't been collected. I've never got the message again after I stopped processing stuff during storms. And that's without ever wearing a sand hat.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MechaCrash posted:

It can also snatch away your items. It says that if you follow the direction of the wind, you can find the things that blew away, but I've never found anything that I've lost that way, so I always put on my goofy mask so I don't lose all my poo poo.

Okay I can actually confirm I was right about this, the wind snatches stuff off your stations, not from you if you are not wearing a mask. I actually found some stuff that was snatched for once! ...It was stuck up in the air downwind from my house after the storm was over. With some jumping around, I got it back.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sunday Morning posted:

The wind will take stuff from your stations mask or no mask. Even the sandwall doesn't stop this for some reason. I just empty my stations and chalk the day up as lost. The worst are automatic cutscenes when you exit your house during a sandstorm. Love seeing the "wind has blown away your stuff" during a forced cutscene.

Yeah, I just meant that the person I replied to thought it took stuff from them and that the mask stopped it. Mask is irrelevant and it blows stuff from stations, not your pockets.

The sandwall does stop it, but it has to be up.

seriously, I had it happen again (testing to see if I could track the stuff down again) and it seems to consistently put it floating up in the air above one-story house and roof level and a few yards from my fence towards the scrapyard. It happened both times with stuff from my ore processor, so I don't know if placement matters or anything. It being up in the air like that explains why I couldn't find it and also why I later found some very random stuff seemingly out of nowhere while jumping my fence on horseback.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 12, 2024

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sunday Morning posted:

I know from experience that the sandwall does not stop this completely. First sandstorm after I got the wall, I raised it and went about my business and later that day I got the message some of my stuff had blown away. If it does effect it, it's not 100%.

I've absolutely never had it do this with the sandwall up and I've played three full games. If it's not 100%, then it's like 99.9% and you are unlucky as hell.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Glitch is very possible. But hey, if it happens again, just jump around on that rock beside your house and you might get it back. I'd recommend doing it the next day, because you can see the weird floating stuff better when the storm's over.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm just gonna go with racism honestly

Catori's hair feather seems a bit ehhhhh re: how Native Americans actually wear that stuff, so it's a weird pick, but.

Nah, the kid thing is wild. They go out of their way to show the kid being okay with it, but her situation is nuts and it's a miracle it works out. Also she's peak "lady who gets sucked into every MLM"

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 18, 2024

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The least believable part of Catori is how happy her son is about all of it. He gets maybe a little sad in one scene where she walks off to deal with someone else and that's it. She'd have been better off without the entire previous family.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did you ever consider that alo has bad vibes? he really does, you know.

Alo has NO vibes! utterly vibeless, terminal lack of vibes

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

I view that as her just being very immature/impulsive due to the "living at home her entire life" thing (plus just being really bored since she has basically zero social life outside of Mi-an). That specific quest is also the only thing I can think of on that level, and she immediately realizes it was extremely stupid.

I had a life like hers and... well, she still struck me as EXTREMELY young in a way I couldn't reconcile dating with.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

A patch is up with a bunch of fixes and changes is up.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1084600/view/3968301340736074417

Hopefully this fixed my stuck quests.

EDIT: It fixed one of the main quest markers getting stuck but Mort's quest still won't complete.

Mort's quest has some non-obvious triggers on it, I find. Like there's one photo you can't turn in until plot has happened and it just sits there like ! until then.

It might not be your problem, but it's good to be aware of because it kept tripping me up.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

I'm pretty sure I already finished his quest. He has a big blue checkmark over his head, as if I can turn in a quest but talking to him does nothing.

Yeah that happens if you can't turn in the last photo because the plot hasn't advanced far enough, it's the confusing thing.

Like you may have the photo, but you just can't turn it in until the dialog he delivers makes SENSE. And that dialog requires plot.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Oh I see. That's something at least.

Nonspoilery, uh... It's... Okay there's a point in the game where you're going to be asked to make some full-on topiaries. If you get that, it should be safe to say it's time to hand that in to Mort.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

finally, I can enslave the Boxing Jacks

for not at all suspect reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

I cannot imagine playing through 100+ hours of Sandrock multiple times to see different content, oof

ngl I played it three times in a row because I wanted more of it when I was done with it and it kept feeling good/I didn't get tired of it. For me, it really scratched that itch and it did it very well.