Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gently caress higgins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it can definitely be tempting to aim for higher-level research if you have a stockpile of discs but you definitely should grab all the 5 disc ones first for sure. there's not a huge amount of them.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the game saves every time you sleep so iirc it's like it's just reloading a save

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pretty sure they're all romanceable no matter your character. not to mention there's 20+ of them covering a decent range of people. a tradeoff is that there's not specifically any concrete, defined 'story arcs' for them as you befriend them more with like cutscenes all over the place and the like but there's some cool little perks here and there that make up for it in my opinion.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Panfilo posted:

Some characters are more developed than others. If you dare Phyllis, the nurse, you find out that she really wants to start a clinic of her own, and not get tied down in a marriage so you get a mission to prove to her you support her dream, then later you can help build a clinic that she eventually works in!

that's cool as hell and i'm super glad i chose that person to romance in that case

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I love how "reference" in a piece of media from a country with IP laws means "a vague homage or quote," whereas in China it just means "literally lift characters from the thing"

to be fair, i think it's a pretty good reference in that it's not 100% a direct lift but they put in a lot of little and obvious homages that show that they enjoy it enough to dedicate like 7 townsfolk to it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Yinlock posted:

it is perhaps too chill, as the basic furnace takes maybe 300 years to smelt something

this is a game where you make multiples of a thing to get stuff done at a good pace

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

players kind of have to work up to getting industrial furnaces

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a definite feeling of urgency at times that i need to ignore, because i don't think anything can explicitly be 'failed' other than poo poo that doesn't matter too much like standard commissions which can be made up for and don't have to be taken

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the better furnaces are just able to hold more fuel at a time, which means less manual restocking. they're more efficient overall and straight up better.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Verviticus posted:

becoming increasingly convinced springs are a town-wide troll on the new builder

i don't know how someone would have issues with getting them when certain enemies in the early dungeons are basically just outright guaranteed to drop at least one

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's very simple to duck into early dungeoncrawling content with the most basic gear more or less. the boss of the sewers can be easily baited into certain attacks.

what i'm saying is that everyone should take the time to do a few runs once they have maybe like the level 2 wooden sword at the least to speed things up a little. dungeon runs take a set amount of hours no matter how long you take to do them so it's easy to work them into a schedule.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Blast of Confetti posted:

Chiming in to say I hated Stardew Valley but replacing a focusing on farming with dungeon crawling and crafting is my poo poo. Game is good.

one of the game's strengths is definitely how it seems to angle for something different instead of just rehashing the same thing over and over

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao if your coat wasn't dropped by a giant sewer mutant

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Shinjobi posted:

Can you use a large planter box from the church? Just a couple data discs and you get the jumbo planter.

i might be wrong but i think it has to be the exact specific item they want, even if there's alternatives that are basically the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i know that logan is a romance candidate, but i'm definitely not to the point yet of that being plausible, but in the meanwhile i've been giving owen stuff and doing things related to him. i mostly hope that romancing logan isn't a pain in the rear end by being a super late option, possibly