Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Higgins is the loving worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Inventory management is so much nicer now than it was in the earlier builds; that Sort All button is a godsend.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Caidin posted:

So the present I made for the Day of the Bright Sun celebration got me 10 rep with everyone! Then the I did the festival itself and I think a holiday like this is gonna build the opposite of good will among the community. Also I found out you can plain rear end challenge Huggins to a fist fight so that was great.

In the first round of the martial arts tournament I got paired up with Higgins and it was the most anticipation I'd felt about video game combat in a long while

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Ephemeron posted:

I got paired up with Arlo and was rather worried about the fact.

Turned out that he was stuck fighting a stream of monsters near the station crash site so I instantly won both rounds.

oh poo poo, nice

you're making better progress on the main quest than I am, I didn't get that quest to trigger until after the tournament (the roughly three weeks I sat on the bridge to Amber Island while I did commissions and built up a nest egg might have had something to do with that).

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Holy cow, people give you presents on your birthday

Like, a lot of them, if you've made friends

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

AG3 posted:

I didn't get any because they added that a few days after mine had passed :saddowns:

Oh well, maybe next year.

My first birthday passed with nary a present in sight.

My second was loaded with gifts (useless gifts that I then mainly re-gifted for relationship points, but still). The fact that I set it a few days after the Day of the Bright Sun - and gave away my Fisherman's Axe for the holiday because I had gotten the Chainsaw, which pushed me over into a new relationship bracket with some people, which gave me bonus relationship points for their friends, which pushed me into a new level with some of them, and so on - probably helped.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Disappointing Pie posted:

Alright Where do you find springs? The book says the ruins but I’ve dug for 3 days and found everything but springs.

you can occasionally find them digging in the 2nd abandoned ruin, but you'll get a lot more fighting in the first Hazardous Ruin.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Yinlock posted:

it is perhaps too chill, as the basic furnace takes maybe 300 years to smelt something

use Industrial Furnaces, they'll get it done in 200 years

seriously the basic furnace sucks rear end why does anyone continue to use it when alternatives are available

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

players kind of have to work up to getting industrial furnaces

dude even Civil Furnaces shave like a half-hour off the smelting time of most stuff (42 minutes off of the Bronze Bar time IIRC), and you get those super-early

I know you don't start with them, thus my use of the phrase "continue to use them"

they suck, upgrade ASAP

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Manyorcas posted:

Regarding basic furnaces, it seems to me that while the civil furnace can spit out the same materials faster, they take up disproportionately more space. Since in the long run space will be your limiting factor, it’s worth it to keep the basic ones around as long as you’re still using copper/bronze.

I haven’t actually run the numbers (bars per hour per square foot?) so this is just an eyeball estimation.

Space is your limiting factor, but your footprint increases pretty slowly unless you're going whole-hog tree farming, so it's never been an issue for me - and the increase in crafting station footprint gets rapidly mitigated when you get the Comprehensive Cutter and Comprehensive Grinder, which operate using ore and not ingots; this allows you to cut down to a smaller number of furnaces with no real loss of productivity.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Zerilan posted:

I just got to this point and trying to fulfill as many of the contracts as I can for it is the hardest I've scrambled so far for materials.

I remember back in the day the only reliable way to get Tempering Liquid was from a couple of bosses in the ruins and it was a bear to get enough. But these days it comes as a reward for doing well during the item inspections on the weekends, which I cannot recommend highly enough.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

There are places where Lee and Nora end up disagreeing, where Nora says, "Tech can be good for our lives, we just have to watch out for it being weaponized and stop that" and Lee says, "Any tech can turn out to be a weapon, remember the dancing robot, we're all doomed if we don't destroy all tech" so I think Lee is just way more of a fanatic on the issue than most church-goers or even necessarily other preachers.

But yeah, you'd think he'd get pissy over all your building, but apparently if you're not directly building and using rifles, it's okay

Yeah, the Church's point of view seems to be less "technology is bad" and more "technology almost ended the loving world so maybe let's be cautious with it and make sure we use it well and responsibly."

Even things like factories aren't inherently evil so long as the people in charge of those factories can be trusted not to use them to start mass-producing nuclear weapons or something, essentially.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Zesty posted:

You can also get tempering fluid from the Weekend item inspection at the Commission's Office. I've been doing that every time for the achievement so it helps you stock up.

Yeah I mentioned this earlier but it bears repeating.

The inspections only take a couple of in-game hours, have zero cost, and will net you anywhere from something small but useful for a bad grade to 'eventually you will have more tempering fluid than you will ever need, plus you'll never risk a shortage of Power Stones ever again.'

The inspections are a pain in the rear end I know but do them anyways, the rewards are excellent.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Picked up Sandrock; I figured it was time to bite the bullet, since I'd enjoyed Portia and it's on sale

game's charming as heck

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

probably gonna start a fresh playthrough for the new patch, this is great

I've been really enjoying Sandrock; the setting feels more expansive than Portia's, and really works to maintain a coherent feel; the desert climate means agriculture works differently, the isolated location means the local Church's rules about technology are a bit more relaxed, and so on. I also really appreciate how as the game progresses you're made to feel like people notice all the stuff you're doing around town, even the non-building stuff (I particularly enjoyed the reaction of Bronco the Kid to your character, though I'll speak no more on it).

Also it becomes clear that before you showed up, easily the most capable and talented person in town is a cat

If you've been holding off, I suspect you're gonna find it was worth the wait

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dear whoever decided to add "leave the mines" to the quick menu circle thingie - thank you and I love you

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

M for map then R is also quick exit

yeah but 'press tab, move mouse' is even quicker

and it brings up the level select, not just kicking you out, which is handy when relic hunting

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

From my (admittedly not optimized) experience, I think the biggest piece of advice I'd give a new player would be hoard materials, spend gols, spend data discs.

Hoover up all the stuff you can find, even the stuff that doesn't have an obvious present use; most items in the game are useful at some point, except for the ruined items you sometimes get when picking up trash around town (you can sell those, so they're not a complete waste, and I still highly recommend picking up trash because it'll keep you flush in Dregs for machine fuel). I found mid and late game got a lot easier when I didn't have to go back and spend weeks gathering materials before I could use the newly-unlocked recipes because I already had oodles of the basic materials in storage.

Research everything you can ASAP. You want those new machines and upgrades - even at the most basic level, an upgraded machine can hold a bigger production queue and can even queue up more than one item at a time.

Once you've unlocked all the machine types, make sure to get the Refiner, which can be used to upgrade the quality of your machines and gear. For machines, this can result in qualities like "reduced fuel usage" or "chance to produce extras."

As for Gols... if you're even vaguely keeping up on commissions and quests, you're not gonna be short on cash. This means that you can ignore the little voice telling you "a meal at the saloon sounds nice but I'll just save my cash" or "I guess I should probably go mine some copper instead of just buying bars from the blacksmith" or whatever. You don't have to work particularly hard to amass more money than you really know what to do with, so go ahead and spend some!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

the difference in voice acting between some of the lines that were recorded for Pablo prior and the ones that were recorded for the current patch is, uh... jarring

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I don't think he's a prick, he's just a giant turbonerd who has zero social awareness. He's pretty invested in anything that interests him, the rest does not matter.

Qi is super ultra mega autism-coded and I look forward to years of players arguing over whether that makes him The Best or The Worst

LLSix posted:

Mi-An is very visibly active. It's surprising her workshop rating isn't higher.

She does a bunch of co-op quest with you.
A ton of her and Elsie's friendship events are about how much she works.
She is constantly running around the desert gathering materials. Sometimes she even beats me to scrap gathering before I can get there.

I guess the one thing I don't ever see her do is go mine in the dungeon, which could explain why she has a low workshop rating - she's resource starved.

She also does a lot of additional work for free or at a discounted rate - like when Grace fucks up Owen's kitchen and she repairs it overnight without charging the fees Yan demands, or when she fixes the Paradise Lost entrance gate apparently just because it was there and it was bugging her. But a lot of the workshop rating numbers don't make a ton of sense... and the reasons for that start getting apparent not long after Act Two ends.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Incidentally, IMHO it's not really worth stressing about which perk builds will max your efficiency or which research trees to pursue; the game's paced well enough that you don't need to worry about that stuff very much, so only worry about optimization if that's your jam. If it's not, don't let all the talk of optimization scare you away from taking your time and playing your way.

The "treasure chests show up on the map" perk, for instance; is it super useful? No, not really; there generally aren't enough chests around to make it "worth" a perk point, especially in early game. I get it every time anyways; I'm not good at spotting chests organically, personally, and having them pop up on my minimap when I'm in the vicinity is handy, and besides, taking apart the wooden chests is a good way to stock up on wooden boards and hardwood planks before my wood income really gets rolling. Is that efficient? Oh gently caress no - but it suits me.

Basically, don't sweat the small stuff. You can optimize and go for the big score numbers, but you don't need to, and it's important to remember that for a game like this one IMHO

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

you actually do get to meet Slack at the yearly awards ceremony

I find them annoying so I don't mind that they're not around all the other days of the year

Also, I've never had a problem with messy, disorganized chests because I am a hoarder in this kind of game; selling poo poo is for other people, I make my money off commissions and side quests as God intended. The only time this has ever been a real issue is when looking for things to give as gifts - but then, I rarely bother giving out gifts, because if I'm trying to grind for relationship points, three rounds of Critters will get you just as many points as a loved gift if you win at least one of the rounds (and honestly it's hard not to).

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Panfilo posted:

I bet Yakmel milk tastes like rear end but nobody wants to deal with Cooper going on a ten paragraph diatribe defending it so they pretend it's actually good.

Grace has some every morning but given her culinary skills, maybe she just has messed-up tastebuds

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

chami posted:

I’m only just getting into chromium tools, you’re telling me that one of my furnaces is forever going to be smelting bronze bars? :negative:

Remember you can buy bars from Hugo if you're short on bronze and you only need a couple; it can be a lot more convenient than spending a day mining

On the other hand, spending a day mining means plenty more data discs, so I never mind doing it personally; still, the option's there

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I was just thinking "How are people short on clay, I can't use the stuff fast enough" but then I realized what I think the issue is:

When you're in the mine, don't just mine at the ore nodes; you'll never get enough poo poo to do anything with. Mine some ordinary-looking ground while you're at it, it'll give you all the stone and clay and dinas you could ever ask for plus a bunch of other poo poo too (including plenty more ores). Also, whenever you're mining, make sure to scan for relics and go mine those relic pieces out of the ground; besides being a good source of workshop rep (and thus helpful to beat Yan) if you donate them to the museum, you can toss them in your house or your yard for stat bonuses, as well as rep bonuses if one of the villagers comes by to check out your new poo poo.

It's very helpful to workflow in general - not just for mining and smelting - to take a couple of days every week to skip the commissions and gather resources. Spend a day mining, spend the next day gathering wood (BTW, at the game start you might be having a hard time gathering wood because you can't chop trees - but you can chop the Ball Cacti and Yakthorn, both of which will get you wood. Basically the only things you can't chop are the things you can kick instead) and quarrying Gravel and Hard Rocks and such. Then you can have the resources to fill commissions without having to break up your day piecemeal.

'Course then you get a new problem, namely "I need more storage chests" but whatever, you can buy more inventory slots anyways

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Oh, yes, once you hit a two-star workshop rating and get the Requests Board section opened up, I recommend planting a Coffee Tea Tree ASAP. Neither Coffee Beans nor Tea Leaves can actually be used currently, sadly... but they're very common request board items, so just harvesting and dumping the crops into your storage every couple of days will soon enough have you swimming in them - and, thus, closing a lot of commissions.

Also god dammit I need some of y'all to hurry up and get further in the game so you can pick up on some of the little hints that have been dropped about why some people act the way they do, lol; I'm trying not to spoil anything

EDIT:

Panfilo posted:

Mia is taken, she's the only one that can rein in Elsie from doing dumb poo poo for attention.

I assume Fang is challenge mode since he doesn't even accept gifts.

it would be a mistake to assume that every villager is gonna always be the same version of themselves you meet in the early game; some of them do in fact get character arcs with real growth. Also, Fang starts accepting gifts after a side quest; this side quest pops up as part of a chain of quests that begin after you've tried Fang's medical trials eight or more times.

Point is, some of the characters that are most annoying early get un-annoying later (and some don't, and some good ones get annoying, lol)

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 9, 2023

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Gully Foyle posted:

I just started and I just wanted to know if anything is missable in the game by going slowly or not doing all the commissions - don't want the game to feel like completing chores.

Take your time, man. The game will accommodate you.

poo poo, if you slack off on a few of the main quests such that the game wants to schedule a Big Cutscene Or Event on the same day as the Day of Memories - a festival built around the idea of remembering the dead - the game will move the holiday so you don't have to miss anything. Which has happened often enough that Pathea had to patch an issue related to it today, so it's not one of those 'this only happens if you gently caress up in these specific ways' things.

Play the game at whatever pace you like, and see what happens! The 'My Time' games seem to have a real definite emphasis on "let people play the way they want to play." Like, if you enjoy spot-the-difference games, congrats, Inspections are gonna be a lucrative thing for you! If you don't? Magnifiers are stupidly cheap to make, so guess what, it's still going to be lucrative for you. Wanna maximize your commissions done? Cool, you'll be swimming in Gols so you can buy a bunch of raw materials instead of digging for them yourself. Don't wanna do that? Cool, take a couple days off to gather mats and then you can knock out a bunch of commissions with all the poo poo you gathered. Hate diving in Hazardous Ruins because you don't enjoy the combat? No worries, pay the Civil Corps to go on expeditions for you. And so on, and so forth. Most (not all!) goals have more than one way to accomplish them.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dirk the Average posted:

Now that my builder's relationships with the townsfolk are getting higher, I frequently see 5-6 NPCs in the morning all wanting to hang out. It's hilarious, because morning is when I am the busiest, setting all the machines to run, refilling the generators, etc. etc. If they swung by at like 10am, then there'd probably be a lot more time available.

yeah every morning there's a crowd pf villagers now and I'm like "guys I love you but can it wait 'til the afternoon, I have mail to read"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

TwoDice posted:

Is it worth playing through the first one first or should I start with Sandrock?

you absolutely don't need to and arguably if you try playing it after Sandrock you're gonna be bummed at all the QoL features this game has that Portia didn't, IMHO

The stories actually take place concurrently, IIRC, so the only 'overlap' is the appearance of a few characters from Portia coming to visit Sandrock briefly. If you haven't played My Time at Portia you won't have context for some of their lines, but you don't need context to make Pablo making fun of Albert delightful

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

There's an Act 3 mission where you send stuff to the builders of Portia

Higgins writes back to you

it's kinda glorious

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Sydin posted:

Yeah I do wish that post-Yan getting kicked out and Mi-an no longer having her work stolen she'd shoot way up in the rankings and be legitimate late/post-game competition for the top spot each month, but alas. Maybe a mod will come along one day and fix it.

Nah, the thing to remember with Mi-An is that at the earliest opportunity she stops being quite so gung-ho about commissions and starts working at the Moisture Farm with Zeke - possibly because you suggested she get a hobby so she quits working 24/7. So she's never going to be the force of nature you are.

Bear in mind also that none of the other builders are getting the personal attention of Mr. Musa, richest man in the Free Cities, who prefers to work with people he knows - so, you. Basically from that point on no one else even tries to compete with you, they're not on your level and they all know it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

What even IS telesis. I've finished the game twice and still have no idea.

Wikipedia says:

"Telesis (from the Greek τέλεσις /telesis/) or "planned progress" was a concept and neologism coined by the American sociologist Lester Frank Ward (often referred to as the "father of American sociology"), in the late 19th century to describe directed social advancement via education and the scientific method. The term has since been adopted as the name of numerous groups, schools, and businesses."

...which I think means something along the lines of "make the world better by not being a dumbass and actually knowing what you're doing"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

for how common plastic is, it really isn't used for much.

it's got a steady demand, in my experience; Qi is looking for plastic shells basically every couple of days in my playthrough, so I'm often needing to top up my plastic supplies with a quick trip to the salvage co.

BTW, when the game "unlocks" new types of salvage, save for some of the very end-game stuff like nanowaste or titanium scrap, those items will start appearing in the salvage company's yard. Along the edge of the fencing that's on your right as you enter, you'll find a few instances of rubber scrap fairly early; that edge is where some of the midgame scrap like Advanced Mechanical Scrap and Fiber Scrap will start popping up once you've progressed.

Ytlaya posted:

How much effort/planning do you need to put into befriending people?

I've been kinda lazy so far. I choose commissions for the people I like, and I've started sparring with them sometimes since that gives 5 and is fast. I've also been doing wishes since they started popping up. I've only gifted a couple small things, since I don't feel comfortable giving away a bunch of stuff yet. I've just recently had a couple people reach Buddy level.

Is it the sort of thing where you can't reasonably get a high relationship unless you heavily gift to someone? Or will it naturally happen with some characters as long as I go out of my way to choose their commissions and do their wishes?

It does depend a little on the character, but for several, I've gotten to max relationship without ever handing them a single gift. Between relationship bumps from commissions, the bonuses for friend networks (especially if you grab the relevant perk), side quests, and the various "get a boost with everyone" events that come up when you achieve story goals like repairing the water tower or whatever, it's honestly hard to not progress.

In some instances this is sort of a pain, because you can tick over into a new relationship status with like four NPCs on the same day and thus wake up to four+ new side quests, but hey, it's content

Heidi, for instance, is ridiculously easy to become friends with because you get points with her for all the story missions involving building stuff she designed, plus the points you get with her by making friends with Vivi (and honestly why would you not make friends with Vivi) or Hugo or Jasmine or Amirah or Pablo (Heidi has a big relationship tree!), plus the points for dropping off some steel ingots or hardwood planks or whatever because you have an extra commission spot to fill and you're swimming in that stuff anyways, plus the points for holidays, plus occasionally, y'know, talking to her.

Oh, before I forget, one other way to get a very generous relationship boost with the entire town is to choose a particularly generous gift for the Day of the Bright Sun when it comes around; IIRC I decided to gift a leftover Conch Shell Goddess relic I had lying around and the relationship notifications scrolled off the screen, I think like three different villagers bumped themselves up to Good Friend that day

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I went with Build-o-rama because I figure since the Builder is universally awesome at everything they do, it only felt fair to make them suck at something like marketing

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

limp_cheese posted:

I do know about the other commission board but I can't be bothered to get those people fish or fish based food.

plant a Coffee Tea Tree

you can't actually use either tea leaves or coffee beans yet IIRC, but they're very popular commission board items

I believe the best way to get people to ask for non-fish-based products is to grow stuff; the game doesn't start generating requests for items until you can actually produce those items. It's the same sort of thing where the game won't let townspeople ask for Perfect-quality items until you build a Refiner

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I have found that one tree does me just fine for keeping up on commissions; I've been getting far more than 10-15 of each item per harvest, personally, though perks and frequent fertilizer use might be playing in to that.

Mind you, I am also very much of the "if you go a few days without doing any commissions it's fine, you don't want to be Higgins, just take a breath every once in a while and enjoy the coziness" camp, so your mileage may vary. I dunno what drives some of y'all to want to power through the game at max velocity, but it's not a trait I share, so keep it in mind

My farm setup is "one 3x3 for the Coffee Tea Tree, one 3x3 for the Chestnut Tree, and three 2x2 patches for growing something else if I feel the need, usually Jute Cantaloupe or whatever crop I'm short on that I might want to cook with later" and it's been more than enough for my purposes. Hell, once I got a good enough stack of Jute I basically just let those patches lay fallow.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty certain this isn't the case. I had to build a Refiner in response to getting asked for Perfect items before I had one. And I got a request for coffee seeds that will be impossible to fill since my tree won't be finished by the time it expires (and I've gotten lots of requests for tea leaves, but you can at least buy those). I think I've also built my cooking machine and tailor machine in direct response to commissions asking for items that required them.

It's not a huge deal since there are always alternatives, though.

edit: Also in terms of quests, Unsuur just asked me for paint and I haven't even researched the Blender yet (which I think is necessary to acquire paint).

I thought there's a reason why, when you place your first Refiner, a message pops up saying you can now accept commissions for high-quality items - though it's more than possible I'm mistaken. The point is, unlocking new items does make it possible for commissions to build/grow those items start showing up, and that does address the sameiness of the commission board.

(though, again, it's worth noting that I take a slower pace on commissions so it's more than possible that I'm not seeing the issue to the same extent as someone who Must Do All The Commissions Every Day, that's definitely true too)

Quests will ask you for stuff you can't produce, 100%, but then there's a reason I was talking about commissions and not quests

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Devs just announced their End Of 2023 roadmap:

quote:

PC Roadmap

Q4 2023 - Laying the Foundation

End of Nov. (To be more accurate, this week!)

Comprehensive Maintenance Patch, addressing over 200 bugs. (Yet, we'll persist in resolving some issues that remain unaddressed in subsequent patches.)

Dec. (Around Christmas of 2023)

Free Winter Update introducing Kickstarter designers' weapons, trendy haircuts, and various NPCs side quests, post-marriage interactions, and more details will come a bit later!

Q1 2024 - Embracing Winter and Beyond

Integrating DLC support into the multiplayer mode.

----------------------------
Console Roadmap

Q4 2023 -Setting the Groundwork

End of Dec. (Around Christmas of 2023)

● Ensuring consistency with the PC launch version, which incorporates kids, factory, and various NPCs side quests.

● Addressing bugs and glitches to enhance the overall gaming experience.

One more thing to note, we'll complete the packaging and QA process on our end next week, and submit it to the platforms. If everything goes smoothly, we can expect it to be out before the holiday!

Q1 2024: PC Harmony

Consoles are geared to synchronize with the PC version's freshest singleplayer content introduced in the Q4 2023 Free Winter Update. Subsequent updates aim for a simultaneous singleplayer release, with potential adjustments based on the review process's impact. This update also focuses on optimizing performance and addressing specific visual or performance glitches, especially in the Switch version.

PS5 & XBOX X|S & Switch:

● Incorporating all PC Free Winter Update content.

Switch Specific:

● Addressing some significant visual glitches, such as popping-ins

PS4:

● Launching in the first half of 2024, we'll strive to synchronize its content with the PC singleplayer version. We apologize to players who have been waiting for the PS4 release.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

limp_cheese posted:

There are commissions that deal with story missions that don't count towards the daily quota. Heidi is usually the one that asks for them.

Yeah, anything that isn't a Sandrock Commission - so something like the Build The School commissions or the Day of Memories resource asks don't count towards your daily commission limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

While I grinded out a bunch of different relics to donate to the museum, it also makes a phenomenal place to stash your obsolete gear. Crafted an Iron Pickhammer? Donate the old bronze one. Ditto for those old stone weapons. The various little knick-knacks you can pick up from the early Hazardous Ruins in the Breach - the cups and lamps and such - can be donated too. Heck, some (not all) of the clothes you get awarded after a mission can be donated, so go ahead and trade those in when you unlock better gear too.

If you really want to push for the next reward, most of the machines you can build for your workshop are also good exhibits, so make yourself a spare basic furnace once you've already got a bunch of industrial ones running, and donate that. There's a bunch of possible museum exhibits, getting those museum rewards shouldn't honesty be a problem for anyone that wants 'em.