Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
I just beat the main quests a couple days ago so I can give a few hints for end game materials:

You will need a lot of crystals for titanium ore and at least 30 sapphire for titanium plates . Crystals grow from a seed you can plant in a large planter box or the can be mined in the Haunted Cave and around Amber Island. I got a boat load of sapphires from completing a couple earlier main quests.
As of right now for the end game build you will need 40 carbon fibers . I found it easier to search the Somber Marsh Abandoned Ruins with the goggles and change locations with the elevator when I found one or two.

*Edit* Also when you get the factory from Albert, it is far more efficient to do multiple of one item versus doing one big batch. For example, smelting bronze bars. Instead of smelting 5 orders of 5 bars. Smelt 20 orders of one bar each. So in a two hour time you'll receive 5 bars instead of 20 if you did one bar at a time.

waggles fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Fallen Rib
So this game just aborted my character's baby.

I was running a test to see if the story changes if I romanced Aadit. I already knew he would leave after the Rogue Knight quest line, so I wanted to see if he shows up when my character had her baby. My character was pregnant when she fought the All Source (the Civil Corps did all the work, I ran out of stamina and healing items). She was still pregnant the day after, but two days after the fight the baby icon disappeared. I'm holding onto the profile for later updates from the devs.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Fallen Rib

Magil Zeal posted:

Unless things have changed since I last played/got to that point in the game, the Fire Powered Generator is also extremely efficient in terms of wood-to-energy pre-factory. I don't think I ever swung at a tree after I got those going and the tree farm done (poplar wood aside).

There is a cut scene about the child birth that the father is involved in that I don't think has been put in, I'll test an earlier save and see.

Here's one with Arlo:

Also why is my baby wearing make-up?

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Fallen Rib
I didn't get too far but she did grow a little bit of hair. You can get toys at Django's Game Center (buy or tickets) and milk at Sonia's register. To have a child you'll need your house to be a level 4, full hearts with your spouse (Full Devotion), wait a couple days for your spouse to ask if you want a kid. After they ask, for the next couple of days, if your character is a woman in a straight relationship, your husband will tell you to take it easy for awhile. After another couple of days, he'll mention that the reason you are tired is because you're pregnant. A little icon of a baby will show up where buffs/debuffs are shown on the character screen and for about a month your character will stay pregnant. There is a debuff of -30% to defense and stamina while you're pregnant.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Fallen Rib

Saxophone posted:

I was trailing like 2k behind Higgins a week into autumn, and was insisting not bothering. Then I noticed how easy the tunnel stuff was to do, and had like 2 blender commissions in the same week.

Now I'm like 500 behind and I've got a whole week of autumn left and all of winter. Guess I'm doing this.

Anything besides Carbon steel I need to horde before winter hits?

Stainless aluminum and hard aluminum, especially stainless as a lot of new main story missions require aluminum plates.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Fallen Rib

Badly Jester posted:

Does anyone happen to know the bare minimum donation I need to make towards rebuilding the bridge in order to get the relationship bonus? I like money, but also hate the relationship grind, so my brain tells me to min-max. Alas, googling doesn't yield anything concrete.

Donating 7500 gols should get you to the max donation for the bridge.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Fallen Rib

Badly Jester posted:

That was quick, thanks! I wasn't sure if I needed to max it out for the reward, but now that I think about it, I believe that's how it worked for the food drive as well :doh:

Yeah, I just completely the quest a couple days ago so that's how I remembered. As a sidenote, when the bridge is completed there should be a plaque listing the top donators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Fallen Rib
FYI Captain lets you pet/cuddle him when you reach friend status.