Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
How much of the content is accidentally missable, and is there anything particularly important to watch out for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

In the first round of the martial arts tournament I got paired up with Higgins and it was the most anticipation I'd felt about video game combat in a long while
I got paired up with Arlo and was rather worried about the fact.

Turned out that he was stuck fighting a stream of monsters near the station crash site so I instantly won both rounds.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Rynoto posted:

Get 5/5 Intensive training, 4/4 strike, 2/2 Mastery of Pickaxe & Axe in that order first. IT gives bonus xp, Strike increases ALL damage, not just weapons so pickaxes and axes also do more per swing and take less overall to save stamina. The last two are pure 50% reduced stam use
Wouldn't it be best to go for 2/2 Mastery of Pickaxe/Axe first before picking IT? -50% reduced stamina translates into +100% experience from mining/chopping (since you get to make twice as many swings), which is where most of your XP in the first month comes from anyway, -and- doubles your materials gain.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

The Arvio/Ameerah picnic event happened on a sandstorm day, which made the whole thing rather bizarre.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

BTW what are people naming their workshops? Mine is "Dustworks," which I thought was pretty good since I'm normally terrible at naming things.
"The Secret Lair", written in large letters on a helpful sign.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I believe the best way to get people to ask for non-fish-based products is to grow stuff; the game doesn't start generating requests for items until you can actually produce those items. It's the same sort of thing where the game won't let townspeople ask for Perfect-quality items until you build a Refiner
Once you do build a refiner, however, they will gleefully commission perfect versions of items that require as-of-yet unavailable gems to refine.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

So Matilda has just put up a donation box for the bridge repair. It has a bunch of "Donate Item" options, but clicking on them only tries to take my money.

Is it a bug, a Church scam, or me doing something wrong here?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Venti is the best and deserves all the love in the world.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I suppose that's one way to win Tour de Rock race.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Time to build a wizard tower and start shooing away all the bachelorettes from the top floor.
Mine is a lighthouse: a solid stone tower with the top floor ringed with windows that all light up at night.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Interesting UI design choice at the bonfire dance.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

For Sandrock, you can take commissions every day, even on weekends.
And that change came to pass because Yan found a loophole in labor laws. :allears:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

I suppose it's not very telesis-y, but as an optional challenge mode I'd love the inclusion.
My Time at Frostpunk.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

quote:

• Fixed an issue where Logan didn't close his eyes during interaction and kissing scenes.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

How does multiplayer work in this exactly?
The story isn't available in multiplayer, I've heard. What else?
It's a sandbox, even more so than Sandrock already is. 1 to 4 players, all sharing the same workshop and gols. You do stuff (build, fulfill commissions, complete daily tasks, fight, date, play minigames, etc.) to unlock more stuff to do.

They originally planned to have a separate campaign set in the past (and you can still find characters from it on the wiki), but that's been scrapped.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Not sure if it's the latest patch or just a bug, but my spouse is now following me nonstop from the first waking moment till bedtime.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Do I need to get a factory and greenhouse, or am I fine sticking with the old ways?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Ever since someone misleadingly sold me on Planescape Torment as a game where you keep getting weaker and losing body parts and stuff as the game goes on, I've it he'd for a reverse power curve game.
Some of the scenarios in Frostpunk operate on that kind of curve.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I'm one of the 66 who voted for Venti, and I stand by my choice. Trash goblin girlfriend best girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I wonder what Yan says if you do cheat by editing your game and putting Mi-An in first place for the yearly competition.