Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Does storing poo poo gets better at some point? I already am a bit fatigued by managing 20 or so chests (wood and metal).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

AG3 posted:

When you get the Museum, you can donate 30 items (relics, books and machinery you assemble), which will get you the recipe for a 60 slot box (twice that of the metal chest). Also, when you get the level 3 assembly yard you can set it to assemble stuff for you. It takes from 45-60 minutes in-game to finish one item, but it takes stuff from your chests without you needing to hunt down everything a recipe requires. You can also use it to assemble some stuff while you use the other side of the yard to manually assemble something else.

Thanks! The latter sounds especially useful.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Fhqwhgads posted:

I got the tree farm up and running but where / how for the mine?

As Kyrosiris said, and be prepard, you need Tempering Liquid for clay making (and a bit of hardned glass) to get to the desert.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I remember back in the day the only reliable way to get Tempering Liquid was from a couple of bosses in the ruins and it was a bear to get enough. But these days it comes as a reward for doing well during the item inspections on the weekends, which I cannot recommend highly enough.

I "prefer" the ruins, took me around 4 runs (floor 1+2 twice) to get around 17 or 20, which was half a day of work. I keep forgetting about the inspection, though I don't like that minigame that much either. Some errors are extremely obscure.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

AG3 posted:

If you have an excess of Eye Glass you can just make the Magnifying Glass. If you have some of those and hit the middle mouse button while inspecting, it'll light up the error on the item. I find it pretty much mandatory later on, especially on errors that are only really visible if you look at them from a very specific angle.

Using them doesn't lower the rating or reward you get either, so it's a decent way to ace the harder inspections.

Thanks. I entirely forgot about the Magnifying Glass and never even knew how it worked after I got one the first time.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I didn't fish much, but I usually got 2-4 when fishing half the day or a bit longer.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Speaking of Higgins should I do his quest? Is there any kind of fuckery he's trying to do, being nice all the sudden an apologizing? I read elsewhere that it's a ressource intensive quest at least, but that info was from EA still so I don't know

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Tenebrais posted:

Well, if you want a spoiler for how it goes...

He'll ask you for a bunch of intensive stuff, then when you give it to him he'll just taunt you. However, you can later confront him and he'll pay up for what you gave him. You will not improve the relationship with him, though.

Thanks! does the quest go away at some point if I ignore it, or will it just be there until I take it? I mainly don't want to have him run around with the exclamation mark littering my map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Sydin posted:

Catching Higgins is an inevitability as long as you don't slack on building. Take a commission every day and make sure you're completing the story ones at a decent pace. Even with a few gently caress ups - such as having to abandon a commission for a Pot of Asteria because I found out only after that the game had screwed me and the commission was literally uncompletable at my current place in the plot :argh: - I had eeked ahead of Higgins by Autumn and had blown him out of the water for the yearly rankings come Winter's end.

lol. Thats exactly what happend to me.

But yeah, I'm at the 2nd year now and I doubt that fucker will ever catch up unless I do 1-2 weeks of nothing.