Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I can't find anything that corroborates this, but when putting an item in your house for the stat bonus only one of the item counts? I made like 10 stone tables and I did not get +70 Stamina. But I noticed some items let you double up, and other items gave you like the full bonus for one, and only a few extra points for an additional. I can't pin down the mechanics and it's bugging me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

For some reason I'm scraps' nemesis. The loving cat I can understand but scraps is a good boy and I just want him to love me.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Did the last update reset all my skill points? I'm not mad, just confused. Don't mind the free respec, though.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I feel like I'm playing McDonald's Monopoly with the artifacts. I have like all but one piece of several, and of the ones I have, I have tons. I don't know if I want to burn a few days in the ruins just mining everything. Also, I keep a level one pick around just for ruin diving because it saves stamina at the expense of a little experience per swing. Good idea or bad idea?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I got the tree farm up and running but where / how for the mine?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

When artefact hunting, does it matter which ruins you dig in, 1 or 2, for specific ones? or is it all an equally random chance?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Zesty posted:

They have different items.

I guess I'll be grinding the first ruin for a while. I want that monument.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

It's definitely super chill. I just passed the fall horseracing event and didn't even feel the need to do it. I've never ridden a horse, actually. Now that I've upgraded my farm size, I should probably get a stable, huh?

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 4, 2019

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I've hit a lull between the desert mine events so maybe I'll focus on a stable next.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

The game is chill so I never rush research. It also lets me use discs to gift the two of them as well.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Where can I go fishing for fat stacks? I upgraded my rod and want to change it up a little.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Build a surrogate womb and put it in Ack. He can have a bun in the oven while he's got a bun in the oven!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

How many data discs for absolution?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I feel like because boxes are so easy to make, I've never needed more than one full page of personal inventory space. So I've always got worms, discs, power cores, and fertilizer on hand since those seem to be things I can't draw from storage to use.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Saxophone posted:

I use power cores just fine from storage. You're spot on a out everything else though.

I just bought the 100k gol land expansion and was pleasantly surprised that it was even more space than I had originally thought. I was even further pleasantly surprised to find that there's still more land to buy.

I'm at that point in the game where I'm transitioning from power core structures to the next core structures, so I'm buying the next core from the research center using power cores every now and then, and I need them in my inventory to be able to use them as payment. I get what you're saying though about using them as a power source from storage.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm hoarding for another land size increase right now. Need 100k. I'm still only at a level 2 house but I don't feel time pressure there because I haven't really been working on relationships (I think I'm only buddy with most love interests) and getting incidental boosts from commissions and artefacts. I'm in winter year 1, just opened the ore mine and finally surpassed Higgins. gently caress that guy.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I added that mod that lets me stack items to 99k to save on having a million chests, and there's also an option to turn up your artefact vaccuum radius in the ruins. Out of curiosity I turned it to 99x and as soon as I stepped into a ruin I sucked up like every artefact in the place. Is it cheating? Totally. But drat, that's a huge QoL improvement for me since I really don't enjoy the tedium of digging for artefacts.

Edit:
Just got the factory and at first it's a bit overwhelming thinking about the transition of resources, etc. But it should be an overall improvement, right?

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 17, 2019

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I thought the factory was a downgrade at first but once I figured it out and threw everything into the factory storage, I have that making everything I could ever need for me while I now spend all day macking on anything with a pulse in town and being the Jim to Higgins' Dwight. The factory is love. The factory is light.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm currently working on the aftermath of a fight that gave me a totally anime weapon Rogue Knight Sword. How much main quest is left?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

skeleton warrior posted:

Almost none.

You’ll get one more big quest. When that’s over, you get the “how you did” end scenes. You can still play after that, but there’s no more plot. (Aside from side plot as you advance friendships)

Cool that's how it felt. I feel like I barely did any side stuff, didn't get married or upgrade my house to level 4. But overall I think I actally did most things. Game's good, but I probably won't keep playing it for much longer unless it gets built on later.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I never ended up using the powered floors or auto fertilizing structures, I just got Ack to do everything for me. I need to plant more big trees now that I have the time/space. And I do like that everyone has their own questlines, so even if I'm done with the main story I'm still getting character quests so it feels like I'm not just endgame grinding.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

New project is to get rid of all my grass by slamming down those fertilizer tiles. Gonna go full Monsanto with Ack and my spouse if I can ever find the Mysterious Man to buy the engagement ring.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I'm well past that Emily quest, so I'm just killing time doing other people's questlines until he shows up again. I "finished" the main game in spring year two, now I'm in summer just bullshitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

You're not a farmer or a rancher. You're a crafter. It makes sense to me that crops/livestock aren't meant to be profitable in a game like this. Keep some around because they're cute, but this isn't Harvest Moon.