Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

After finishing Spider Man and Alan Wake I felt I needed something different and picked this up on a whim. Haven't played the previous game or really any of this genre, but three hours went by in a flash last night, I think this is a vibe I can definitely get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Well just finished up my first year in Sandrock over the weekend. I'm glad I took a chance on this game, I hadn't really been able to get into this genre before but I'm hooked now.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

I absolutely love this game and it is my 2023 GOTY as I've been completely obsessed with the game for the last 6 weeks. When I'm not playing Sandrock, I'm thinking about Sandrock.

That being said - I do have two complaints about the game.

- The invisible walls suck.
- Sandfishing sucks.

Yeah agreed with those complaints, though they are very minor compared to how much the game does right. I'm like, 90+ hours in and there are still new story beats happening. It's pretty wild and way more than I expected out of this game.

Talorat posted:

That thread reminded me of my favorite Unsuur moment, where you say "It's not normal to have boxes of dozens of rocks" and he responds "Oh you're one to talk, you have hundreds of rocks in boxes at your workshop" Fair.

Unsuur has slowly become my favorite character.

AcidCat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 2, 2024

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Any stress you feel will be entirely self-imposed.

I ended up having a Dinner at Unsuur's, a meeting with Qi with the telescope, and the halloween-like holiday all on the same night through odd timing. Even so I feel like they give you at least an hour window for "show up somewhere at X time" stuff as I was able to have dinner with Unsuur & Justice and do Qi's telescope thingie despite them starting at the same time.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Megazver posted:

I love all of his fourth-wall breaking. Some of it is actually pretty, uh, deep and melancholy, like this conversation where he goes 'Hey, so I'm an NPC and my content is about to run out. What does this mean for you? Will you still care about me, even a little, when that spark of new dialogue inevitably goes out of my eyes?"

Yeah buddy, I still care about you.

Hah, just had that conversation yesterday, it was funny and clever and yeah a bit melancholy as well. I'm kinda bummed that I'm finally coming up on the end of the main storyline.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I am so sick of receiving potted plants

I'd love a potted plant, I haven't received a single one. A bunch of basic stools is what I get. And skin cream periodically from Pablo.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Upgrade your water tower.

I never even thought to do this until like 120+ hours in I realized, oh poo poo I can upgrade this thing too. I didn't really need it though since I'm not messing with greenhouses or really growing anything other than harvesting my lone coffee tea tree once in a while.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Paper Tiger posted:

a few plot beats along the way where I was like "okay, they *have* to be wrapping this up soon... never mind, here's another big project to do."

Yeah same, at about 140 hours and just got the next project to build the pipeline and it's starting to feel like the game just never ends. Still getting new sidequests too like Guitar Girl showing up in town. Not a bad thing but yeah certain aspects of the game felt finished many game hours ago, like I have had top of the line machines for a long time now, no longer anything to invest in at Qi's shop. And I'm overall just starting to feel like it's time to say goodbye to Sandrock, so hopefully this is the last main quest project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Hah. If you're doing the pipeline, you still have like 15-20 Main Missions left. You're about 75-80% done with the missions. :negative:

You gotta be kidding me. LOL