Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Spudd posted:

I believe it's the fighting ruins, not the digging ruins that drop springs iirc.
No you can get them from the dots in the regular ruins. I know for sure you can in the one behind the civil corps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You may also notice it gets less annoying once you get an iron axe, too, and trees go down quick.

Plus the double fuel thing is kind of misleading. 1 wood provides fuel for one hour in both furnaces, and the civil furnace is faster (e.g. copper bar takes 2.5 hrs in the stone furnace but only 2 in the civil furnace, or similar numbers).

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If you mean real starter, like first hour or two, turn your buttload of rock into stone stools and sell them.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
One of the songs in the game has a violin playing over a short chunk of a chord progression that I swear is the same one used in the song Tiden Flyver by Boom Clap Bachelors. I’d guess most people don’t know the song, but may know the song that heavily samples it.

So while I’m playing, once in a while I notice the background music is a quick few bars of a Muzak version of Kendrick Lamar's Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Question about overall progress but I’m looking to avoid spoiling too much.

If you’re at the point where you just built the water tower, about how far are you into the story?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Uh, wow. Ok, thanks.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

FireWorksWell posted:

I got engaged to Amirah since Spring finally ended, I didn't expect the game to let you pick a list of little nicknames your partner can call you. This game's just so drat cute..
There’s a gift item that lets you do that I think.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Anyone know which button to press to rename a storage chest? PC version, playing with a (PS4) controller.

The icon next to the chest name is two interlocked rounded rectangles or something like that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

FireWorksWell posted:

On PS5 it's the touchpad, dunno if it's the same with your ps4 controller
It’s not, at least it’s not clicking the touchpad.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Megazver posted:

I'm on PC with an XBOX gamepad and you know what, while it shows the prompt for the back button, it doesn't seem to actually work. Maybe there's a bug? I only just realized this because I'd usually switch to my m+k to rename the boxes.

I’m leaning towards bug, too.

On the PS4 controller that icon is for the “Share” button. Same icon is displayed next to “open map” and pressing it there does in fact open the map. I know it worked a few days ago because three of my chests are renamed. But it doesn’t work today.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Seems like fairly quickly you notice the same items popping up in commissions, too, so you can plan ahead.

Also as you progress you’ll be able to do more than two commissions per day.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
A person could just go into options and speed up the day if they wanted.

Don’t know, somehow I tend to keep myself busy. I wish there was a place that sold fish, though, I find fishing zero fun.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Sloober posted:

make everything require that weird woodbark from the big trees around your house. the whole two of them. still no idea what uses that! i assume accessories
If you’re talking about the item called “bark” there’s another source for it. It’s used in crafting a few totally skippable items.

Kind of related, it’s weird that you don’t use raspberries in food.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 19, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You don’t need them, no. They’re just convenience things.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah but I agree with Megazver, by the time you get the buildings you’re mostly at a point where production efficiency or speed doesn’t matter any more. Or at least that’s how it seems so far.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I keep 100 bars of everything mostly because I can quickly scroll through the furnace goods list and if I see three digits I know I don’t need to smelt more.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Talorat posted:

That thread reminded me of my favorite Unsuur moment, where you say "It's not normal to have boxes of dozens of rocks" and he responds "Oh you're one to talk, you have hundreds of rocks in boxes at your workshop" Fair.
That was good, but a silly one that still makes me laugh (after you get to know him for a while) is this exchange:

Justice: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!?
Unsure: … I'm pretty sure I’m not.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
By the way, once you get a house editing kit you can move plants while they’re growing.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

King of Solomon posted:

I feel like Grace would be the one with a dirtbag left podcast. Additionally, no listeners, because almost no one has the technology to listen to it.
That seems unlikely to me considering her profession.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You can’t romance Catori because goddamn her voice is disturbing.

You can’t romance Heidi because you WILL eventually disappoint Vivi, and no one wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ytlaya posted:

I view that as her just being very immature/impulsive due to the "living at home her entire life" thing (plus just being really bored since she has basically zero social life outside of Mi-an). That specific quest is also the only thing I can think of on that level, and she immediately realizes it was extremely stupid.
Ok. Give her an animal house.