Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Beating Higgins' rear end in the martial arts tournament has been the highlight of the game so far.

That and doing like 90% of the work for the bridge to the desert.

Eat poo poo, Higgins. I specifically save 45 stamina a day to spar with you kick your face into the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The one gripe I have is what is the point of dating someone in the Civil Corps if I can't smooch them while we are in the ruins together

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Some of the later land purchases are six-figure expenditures though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, the game's both a very good gently caress-around game, and has serious "just one more day!" hooks.

Had it wishlisted a long time ago because a streamer I follow showed it off in early access and forgot all about it until I got a "hey we just launched, we'll honor the Early Access price for 24 hours" and was like "well, fair play, guess I'll buy". Don't regret it. Already got nearly 60 hours in it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

There are a surprising amount of people that want Higgins to be able to be romanced. They get off on the enemy to lover dynamic and they're all loving crazy.

I would be okay with this because it would mean A) you could give gifts to Higgins and B) you could thus give literal poo poo to Higgins. :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Drakenel posted:

I suppose we'll just have to be happy that you can beat the poo poo out of him daily.

True. "Punch Higgins in his face" and "Hand poo poo to Lee" are basically penciled into my agenda daily.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Fhqwhgads posted:

I got the tree farm up and running but where / how for the mine?

Once you get to the desert. You'll get mail about it asking you to build stuff to make it work.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Panfilo posted:

I heard there's a third tier of artifact scanner, where is it?

Do you mean after the "can lock onto 5 things, shows you their names" tier?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Fhqwhgads posted:

It's risky super chill. I just passed the fall horseracing event and didn't even feel the need to do it. I've never ridden a horse, actually. Now that I've upgraded my farm size, I should probably get a stable, huh?

It's a serious gamechanger in the speed that you can get around, especially once you maximize the training on your horse.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Oof. Desert bridge sure does require a gently caress ton of carbon steel.

Once you start working on it you're basically in non-stop carbon steel territory.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zerilan posted:

I constantly have two furnaces making carbon steel and it never feels like enough.

Two civil and four industrial and I still felt cramped on it. (with four stone constantly making charcoal)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

It's also funny because Higgins is a church-goer. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sydin posted:

She hums to herself while fertilizing the crops, pretending she can't see you across the yard cranking out guns and ammo.

This would get even more hilarious after (late-game building spoilers) you put the drat Factory on your farm. Hell yeah, fully-robotic automated crafting! Wait where are you going, Nora?!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sydin posted:

Awesome, thanks. I'll start remembering to stockpile. I assume they're not something you can grow?

Negatory. Topaz are the closest to a mass-obtainable semi-universal like, giving +4 to basically everyone (+6 to Martha, +1 to Ginger).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's very simple to duck into early dungeoncrawling content with the most basic gear more or less. the boss of the sewers can be easily baited into certain attacks.

Also the dodge roll is incredible, you get so many iframes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Only gripe I have with regards to the combat is stamina costs as it relates to major set-piece bosses.

For example (late-game spoilers) in the fight with All-Source and the Rogue Knight, I basically had to let the Civil Corps do all the heavy lifting because I'd burned through all my stamina along the way and stupidly didn't have any stamina-restoring food on me, which felt freaking lousy. If it gave me some sort of temporary "you're fighting for the fate of Portia, you don't feel any exhaustion!" buff that let me actually participate, it would've been a lot better.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Perestroika posted:

The whole "builder" aspect is also a really great way to signify your progress in a visible way. Anywhere you go, you're subtly reminded of what you've achieved so far. "Hey, I build that bridge over there. And that irrigation system over there. And I remember when I put that fan in here!". It makes the world feel more organic and lived-in, where other games of the genre can sometimes feel a bit static or artificial.

Agreed. It's cool to point at something and say "Yep, that was me (and Higgins helped I guess)!". It really adds a layer of investment to the whole thing, imo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Magil Zeal posted:

The church clothes (elegant attire) seem to have very good stats for their level if you can afford them. They require level 12 but are on par with the level 28 set, plus extra action points for play/date.

They also just look rad. I have a set that I keep the real stats on (for play/date), and a set that gets upgraded to the most relevant combat stats.

Can't dungeon dive if you don't look sharp.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Devs just dropped another content/bug fix patch. Guess I have something to play with when I get off work tonight. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

LLSix posted:

The cost is the huge amount of stamina it sucks up.

And yet it's so worth it to beat Higgins's rear end every day. :allears: