Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Panfilo posted:

This game is extremely chill. You can min-max all you want but you really don't need to. I had my first year only with 1 of each tier forge/other machines and was still able to complete daily commissions and get first place half way into the second month.

Game is forgiving in many other ways :
-Items stack to 999
-Dying outside just resets the day and that's the worst possible outcome.
-staying up late doesn't have an adverse effect, so do whatever until 3am every day.
-Most commissions have super generous deadlines.

Resets you back to the start of the day as if nothing happened? Or like jump to next morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Fhqwhgads posted:

I can't find anything that corroborates this, but when putting an item in your house for the stat bonus only one of the item counts? I made like 10 stone tables and I did not get +70 Stamina. But I noticed some items let you double up, and other items gave you like the full bonus for one, and only a few extra points for an additional. I can't pin down the mechanics and it's bugging me.

Multiples definitely count, they just have a cap based on house level. The first level house is +30+50 iirc which means 7*4 = 28 + 20 from builder's license and you're pretty much there. I also have 7 bookcases for the +health as well

HarmB fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 20, 2019

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Zesty posted:

I need to come back to this game to 100% it, but has anyone tried out Kynseed? It's only in Early Access right now but it looks like it might scratch the same itch as Portia.

It is early Early Access, last I played there were still minimal features, and almost none of the systems they're promising.