Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Reclines Obesily posted:

their young people are our old people and they still suck rear end, time to try again

nah they're all dead now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is the denial stage.
Now that you've acknowledged it, you can power through.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
We should all donate youthful liberal blood for RBG to transfuse into her.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ripley died though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Slutitution posted:

Ripley died though.

Alien 3 doesnt count

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Ora Tzo posted:

We should all donate youthful liberal blood for RBG to transfuse into her.

Thiel approved.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1086755966308306945
RBG will be cameoing as a ghost

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
loving awesome!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jose posted:

Americans are too fat, stupid and lazy to fight another civil war

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Jan 20, 2019

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

:thunk:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

p much this, the most vocal and lovely americans are indeed fat and lazy but our current generation of working class tend to be fit and highly motivated because the gig economy has made them into shark people that can never stop moving unless they be crushed by late stage capitalism

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/lowenaffchen/status/738113674762702848

HerraS posted:

fdr tried to force the justices to retire once they turned 70 but americans being the loving idiots they are shot that down laffo
the only thing FDR did wrong regarding the supreme court was to back down from everything he wanted to do

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
She's dead.

E: She escaped.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

man i love "oh brother where art thou"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
was with a bunch of friends and looked up from my phone to announce that RBG was dead, got a good result highly recommend doing this

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just got all 5 funco pop vinyl RBG figurines including the Red Green and Blue RGB release.

Only spent about 600$ total but I feel great about my decisions.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:rip:

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1087338914489225216

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GalacticAcid posted:

was with a bunch of friends and looked up from my phone to announce that RBG was dead, got a good result highly recommend doing this

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

latest Reaper Bones kickstarter not looking good

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

Gunna do this

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

please record your friends angry and terrified faces for us

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

1. RBG dies
2. Trump nominates himself to the Supreme Court
3. Strengthened GOP Senate majority fast lanes his appointment
4. Trump rules that sitting Supreme Court justices cannot be prosecuted in 5-4 decision, Roberts dissenting for theatrics

That's the Art of the Deal, folks :c00lbert:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

You thought it was over, huh?

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-after-suffering-from-chills-fever

quote:

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 86, was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, Friday night after experiencing chills and fever earlier in the day, a Supreme Court spokesperson said.

"She was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C. before being transferred to Johns Hopkins Hospital for further evaluation and treatment of any possible infection," said Supreme Court spokesperson Kathleen Arberg in a statement. "With intravenous antibiotics and fluids, her symptoms have abated and she expects to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday morning. Further updates will be made when available."

Justice Ginsburg's health is closely watched by people on both sides of the aisle.

Ginsburg has been treated four times for cancer. She had colorectal cancer in 1999, pancreatic cancer in 2009 and lung cancer surgery in December 2018. In August 2019, she completed three weeks of three weeks of outpatient radiation therapy for a cancerous tumor on her pancreas and said afterwards she was disease-free.

They released her after treatment. :)

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Alien 3 doesnt count

The Assembly (Director's) Cut does

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
she will be a great loss to the necromantic community

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a woman bearing a safety pin across her neck is drying into a husk as her life energies are offered to the dread RBG

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjbAgwdBaTI

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
The word fight being right above the word song can't be unintentional

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

what are the chances the dnc is inspired by the netflix original series kingdom and next thing we know zombies are over running dc

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

she would go on to poo poo all over Colin Kaepnerick’s peaceful protests against cops murdering unarmed black people and the authors (two upper middle class white women) had to rush to the internet to nervously clarify that uh they personally didn’t agree with the rich old white woman’s statement, but uh, isn’t it cute how we’re getting rich off a book deal pretending this racist old white lady is a black hiphop icon, actually

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

What did Ginsberg say about Kaepernick?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What did Ginsberg say about Kaepernick?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/us/ruth-bader-ginsburg-calls-colin-kaepernicks-national-anthem-protest-dumb.html

quote:

Oct. 11, 2016

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the Supreme Court justice who came under fire recently for lacerating comments about Donald J. Trump, has dropped another eyebrow-raising remark about a different figure in the news: the N.F.L. football player Colin Kaepernick and his protest surrounding the national anthem.

In an interview published on Monday by Yahoo News, Justice Ginsburg said that the San Francisco 49ers quarterback’s move to kneel and not stand during the anthem, as a protest against police brutality and racial oppression, was “dumb.” The gesture has been adapted by other professional athletes and has even spread to high school teams.

When asked by the news site’s global anchor, Katie Couric, what she thought of the protest, Justice Ginsburg said: “I think it’s really dumb of them. Would I arrest them for doing it? No. I think it’s dumb and disrespectful.”

“I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag-burning. I think it’s a terrible thing to do,” she added. “But I wouldn’t lock a person up for doing it. I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act.”

“It’s dangerous to arrest people for conduct that doesn’t jeopardize the health or well-being of other people. It is a symbol they are engaged in,” she said.

Asked whether she meant it was their right to protest, Justice Ginsburg agreed.

“If they want to be stupid, there’s no law that should be preventive,” Justice Ginsburg said. “If they want to be arrogant, there’s no law that prevents them from that. What I would do is strongly take issue with the point of view that they are expressing when they do that.”

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lmao get in the urn lady

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

thinking it's bad to burn flags is cucked mindset

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
michael shannonishly:] time for the urn!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

rbg finally passes away and simply disappears like yoda

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Slamhound posted:

Lmao if she had retired under Obama, Mitch would have stalled just like he did with Garland and the democrats would have rolled over and exposed their bellies just like they did with Garland and we'd already have another racist rapist on the Court.

RBG nailing her withered talons to her Supreme Court perch is simultaneously the most pathetic and effective thing that's been done by democrats in the past decade.

the Dems controlled the Senate for most of Obama's presidency. the only time period where Mitch had the absolute power to obstruct was 2014-2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

unprompted, lib hero rbg defaults to an incarcerate or tolerate mindset re: the blacks