Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I’m going to guess around feb 15. tsp is going to gently caress off after having to deal with super bowl assholes and missing another two pay checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I'm betting that the current shutdown ends on 9/11/1973, possibly through a time warp or something involving the word "quantum"

Quantum Freep

Dec 26, 2012

2/6/19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Put me down for 2/20/2019, TIA.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

5/17/2019

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
May the Fourth, 2019

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
2/17, please. Michael Jordan's birthday of course.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
does temporary reopening count as a reopening

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Yes

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

EugeneJ posted:

Quantum Freep

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ill go with the 25th as well. ill add myhself to the op

:smug:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

OTOH he said "for three weeks". So like... does this count?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

It's not re opening today they still have to do all their dumb detail poo poo like actually passing the thing, cuck

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
god drat it

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Temporary????

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

crazy cloud posted:

It's not re opening today they still have to do all their dumb detail poo poo like actually passing the thing, cuck

The Guardian is reporting it as if he's signing the bill today.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Temporary doesn't count!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Modus Pwnens posted:

Temporary doesn't count!

OP says it does :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if the government closes after 3 weeks we should consider the people with the march/april and so on bets still valid

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Annath posted:

OP says it does :colbert:

OP is a fool

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I for one am happy to be wrong, I got old friends at NIST who will now be able to get back to doing stuff.

Come on, y'all got another shutdown to celebrate to/jerk off on in three weeks.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Time to see how much poo poo got hosed up in over a month of shutdown.

Computers that aren't logged into in over 30 days fall off the domain for security reasons. That, coupled with the logical access system and full disk encryption, means we may have to make individual 30+ minute tech visits to 15,000 workstations just so people can log in.

Yay.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommanderApaul posted:

Computers that aren't logged into in over 30 days fall off the domain for security reasons. That, coupled with the logical access system and full disk encryption, means we may have to make individual 30+ minute tech visits to 15,000 workstations just so people can log in.

Yay.

:gritin:

Straight into my veins.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

The Dipshit posted:

:gritin:

Straight into my veins.

I fired up my govt phone to check email a couple days ago. So many ticket notifications for "domain not available" and "trust relationship" errors.

God I hope I get one of the jobs I interviewed for while furloughed.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So basically y'all have enough time to get everybody logged back in just to shut down again?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

We really need a combo shenji av/smuggo smilie called shenjo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Dipshit posted:

So basically y'all have enough time to get everybody logged back in just to shut down again?

The system works

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

crazy cloud posted:

lmao if it takes long enough

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crazy cloud posted:

I hope everyone calling tromp a cuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccck on twitter makes him feel like he has to delay signing the bill

also my bluetooth keyboard died as i was typing cuck and it spammed 'c' and made me laugh so i left it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CommanderApaul posted:

Yay.

lol if it closes again in a few weeks and happens all over again

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

anyways congrats to me and some other losers. unstickying until the next shutdown, see you in three weeks!!

quote:

ur in my world now 1/25/2019
bare bottom pancakes 1/25/2019
Annath 1/25/2019
Sheng-Ji Yang 1/25/2019
Jabberlock 1/25/2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AouWdnbcWQ

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
idk if any of the winners have platinum, if you do hit me up for your Free Avatar

if not, post here with your desired prize

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

oh didnt see the free av thing. ill leave it stickied for a bit longer then

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Government is not open today. Deal to reopen government was made yesterday. Free crazy cloud.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Avenatti should have taught the trigger happy mods to wait and see

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Reality Winter posted:

Government is not open today. Deal to reopen government was made yesterday. Free crazy cloud.

Oh, right. Sorry, everyone! I had one job and I failed at it, but I'll get it right next time.

Edit: USA Today said "shutdown expected to end today" yesterday, and Washington, DC local news outlet WTOP said "Generally, furloughed employees are expected to return to their duty stations and resume their normal work schedules. Employees who typically start their work week on Monday, for example, would be expected to return Jan. 28". It's still unclear to me when exactly the government should be said to re-open, but I suppose there may have been employees scheduled for a Friday night shift, so it may be the 25th. Maybe there'll be more information coming out by Monday.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Jan 26, 2019

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

im not a lawyer but OMB guidance got put out last night: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/M-19-09.pdf

i think after this the various agencies do things and open poo poo up, for example here's the thing from the park service which basically says itll vary on a park by park basis:

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1207/lapseend.htm

e.g. these coupla parks are opening up tomorrow, but i think something else i saw said the smithsonian wont open till tuesday

https://wset.com/news/local/local-national-parks-reopen-as-government-shutdown-comes-to-a-close

i'd say it ended yesterday, since unless you can find out whether the first dude at the first office to re-open showed up before or after midnight i doubt you'll find a better marker

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

are those of us who made wrong guesses allowed to make new ones next shutdown

also what does it mean for sheng ji yang to get a free avatar does he just hoard it until hes not a mod anymore

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Also, as the sole toxxer, am I banned now or can I still be vindicated if the shutdown is fully solved in a week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Some Guy TT posted:

are those of us who made wrong guesses allowed to make new ones next shutdown

also what does it mean for sheng ji yang to get a free avatar does he just hoard it until hes not a mod anymore

Everyone who made a wrong guess before the day of the start of the next shutdown can pick a new date. For the dates afterward, I'll go with a system of re-using the old dates as a default, unless there may be people would rather start each shutdown pool with a system of starting with a clean slate each time, though. If there are people wanting both, we could do a thread poll.