Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The "seed data" or whatever it's called is separate from the juice supply, right? So theoretically, if our crew could get back the drive key, they could still bring the seeds back to Koppai and save their world, recovering the juice from that thieving Hocotatian is not strictly necessary?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Maybe, but also, he stole our poo poo. He messed with the wrong Koppaites.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Torrannor posted:

The "seed data" or whatever it's called is separate from the juice supply, right? So theoretically, if our crew could get back the drive key, they could still bring the seeds back to Koppai and save their world, recovering the juice from that thieving Hocotatian is not strictly necessary?

Yes, but the crew found a data file from Olimar about finding the drive key, so they know they have to find him to get it back. Also juice theft is an unforgivable crime.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Louie needs to be punched

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Feed him to the Onion :commissar:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can you try that with a character in this game? Just as a joke.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I think that one fruit is a guava maybe, it looks like it.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The searing acidshock is a Japanese apricot. Go find that thieving Olimar.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Oh boy! It's finally time to catch up to that rascal olimar and get our drive key so we can return home with the good news!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Put him in the freaking juicer!

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
That's actually the ship from the second game as the Dolphin was was sold to repay Hocotate Freight's debt as it was the only thing of value the company had prior to Olimar's return.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ouch. That was a painful boss fight. Believe it or not, winged pikmin are great for that boss fight (a few rocks to break the crystal, then use winged pikmin for the rest of the fight). Also, rather than being useless for the scale puzzle, winged pikmin make it trivial, since they'll just fly across. I believe you can cheese that last puzzle that you flashed briefly at the end of the episode with winged pikmin as well.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, I got some serious Shadow of the Colossus vibes from that fight. Nicely done, devs.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

(We discuss the quince being a Japanese apricot in a future video)

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 26, 2019

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It's Greenland.

Brittany is really mean to captain Charlie! They have enough juice to drink two portions a day, no reason to make the captain's portions extra small. Add to that the fact that she blamed him fro the dead Pikmin, and I get the feeling she doesn't like him.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well, the captain did let two of his pikmin die forgotten today and left 5 behind, so she has a point.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Torrannor posted:

It's Greenland.

Brittany is really mean to captain Charlie! They have enough juice to drink two portions a day, no reason to make the captain's portions extra small. Add to that the fact that she blamed him fro the dead Pikmin, and I get the feeling she doesn't like him.
Responsibility is tough. Charlie is man enough to accept it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh no it's completely possible to 100% the game in 10 days. That's the record for the speedrun but it requires a few major glitches and some hilarious abuse of Winged Pikmin to sequence break the poo poo out of some things.

Day 1: Tutorial
Day 2: Garden of Hope (Rocks, save Brittany, Armored Mawdad)
Day 3: Distant Tundra (Get yellows, Basically skip the bridge puzzle, save Charlie)
Day 4: Tropical Wilds (Blitz to the Meerslug)
Day 5: Twilight River (Get Winged Pikmin, Save Louie)
Day 6: Garden of Hope (Get Blues, beat the boss, clear the area of fruit)
Day 7: Distant Tundra Cleanup
Day 8: Twilight River Cleanup
Day 9: Tropical Wilds Cleanup
Day 10: Formidable Oak - Finale

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scalding Coffee posted:

Responsibility is tough. Charlie is man enough to accept it.

The chains of command.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
That wasn't a Passion fruit you got from the top of the stump, that was a Star fruit. Passion fruit is entirely different.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 31, 2019

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

There's actually a whole 11 bomb rocks in the Tropical Wilds. In addition to the 5 you used in this episode, there's 3 between the waterfall and the fire slugs and 3 in the northern half of the Shaggy Long Legs arena. Bomb rocks are also the best way to deal with the Crushblat and Aristocrab. 3 rocks kills the Crushblat and if you trick the Aristocrab into eating a bomb, it dies instantly.

Since the map is fully revealed now, here's the full Pangaea Ultima comparison:

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

mateo360 posted:

That wasn't a Passion fruit you got from the top of the stump, that was a Star fruit. Passion fruit is entirely different.
I get it right later!

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

If our commentary sync sounds a little off at times, its because Olive Branch's computer poo poo itself during recording. Please understand.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Pikmin 1 does have a secret shadow monster boss, so maybe the Shaggy Long Legs is also a creepy shadow demon

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Hey now, you're the captain of this LP, Maple Leaf. The buck stops with you, much like Captain Charlie is responsible for all the Pikmin killed by his negligence donating their bodies for scleroderma research.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
You blew up one of your own Pikmin with a bomb! You monster!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Medical research requires sacrifice, it died for the greater good.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

For every pikmin he kills in the name of medical research, he plants two more, like every good unethical industrial magnate

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
To think that you just need to drop one rock Pikmin on the leaf guys to kill them, yet one of them took 15 brave Pikmin from us :(

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Regarding the question of something that is edible but has no nutritional value, theoretically anything that would be 100% fiber would be completely indigestible and would come out of you at the exact same mass as it was going in. But fiber in itself has some form of nutritional value due to this in that it helps clean out your bowels and keeps you regular.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

It's theorized that eating fibrous and nutritionally useless grasses and leaves to the point of starving on a full stomach is why we dye food green on St. Patrick's Day in America. Their mouths and hands would be stained green by the plants

E: the people who died in the potato famine, that is

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
And I think even something like grass has least some of it's water extracted, so nothing ever comes out of you with the same weight as it went into you.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Really a lot of your losses have been to "wandering monsters", haven't they? I suppose that's a bit of alright - sells the feeling of this being a dangerous place for the Pikmin, even if they can stomp anything the captains can focus them on.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

Really a lot of your losses have been to "wandering monsters", haven't they? I suppose that's a bit of alright - sells the feeling of this being a dangerous place for the Pikmin, even if they can stomp anything the captains can focus them on.

This being a donation drive, I'm also pretty lax about, you know, keeping my guys alive, haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Pikmin do their part, alive or dead. :zpatriot: