Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird.

pace the aisles like a madman and see the strawberry fig newtons on sale and go "i;m getting those, i am Going To Purchase The Fig Newtons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
pro technique right here: gun straight for the things you get every time, then meander amilessly for an hour trying to find the rest of th ethings you need because oh god i'm outside there are peolpe here what do i DO?!

bare bottom pancakes

Fig Newtons are a great choice tho OP

google THIS

Cashier: Gomen nasai, googlesama, but our credit card machine is down and I will be unable to take your payment for your groceries.

Me: That is all right because you see, (gong sound) I have brought cash with me today, to the store!

Bystanders: Ohhhhhhhhhh... (their eyes are blank white circles and they have sweat drops)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
carefully measuring the fig newtons with my tape measure, pulling the pencil from behind my ear and jotting down some notes on a scrap piece of 2x4 then entering data into my calculator, scratching my rear end and hiking up my jeans while sucking air through my teeth, mumbling under my breath while shaking my head, "yeeeeup, yeah, yup, looks like i'm buying these fig newtons today"

bare bottom pancakes

I know what you're thinking: "Did he use six coupons or only five?" Well, to tell the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But this being a coupon app, the most powerful tool for thrifty shoppers in the world, and would blow your profits to hell, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Is this finally over?" Well, is it, ma'am?

*Shows the cashier that I have three more pages of coupons to go for Fig Newtons

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I love how they call my lunch "complimentary samples".

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

bird.

google THIS posted:

Cashier: Gomen nasai, googlesama, but our credit card machine is down and I will be unable to take your payment for your groceries.

Me: That is all right because you see, (gong sound) I have brought cash with me today, to the store!

Bystanders: Ohhhhhhhhhh... (their eyes are blank white circles and they have sweat drops)

cda

by Hand Knit
Here's a pro-tip you might not have heard of: drive to the grocery store, so you get there faster.

Twenty Four

Reverse shoplifting where I bring items from home to the grocery store and put them on the shelf.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Gather around children and I will tell you about the time I smuggled a ham out of the grocery store, one piece at a time

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*me doing somersaults all the way to the grocery store, stopping halfway there because i'm dizzy and tired* "there's got to be a better way to do this..."

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
If you go to the store with a partner, and it is a store with long lines, you can save time by having your partner get in line as soon as you arrive at the store, and you join them with the groceries after doing all the shopping, as they near the front of the line.

If other patrons object, simply tell them you are not entering the line, only your partner is in line, and then hand items from your cart or basket to your partner one at a time.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
To avoid long lines at grocery stores, do your shopping while the store isn't open.

FluffieDuckie

roomforthetuna posted:

To avoid long lines at grocery stores, do your shopping while the store isn't open.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

professional grocery shoppers would never use a store grocery cart. they bring their own, and it's oiled up and ready to drift down frozen entrees/pizza/ice cream novelties.

alnilam

hamjobs posted:

professional grocery shoppers would never use a store grocery cart. they bring their own, and it's oiled up and ready to drift down frozen entrees/pizza/ice cream novelties.

if you can't drift sideways to slalom around some normies' carts then what are you even doing in my store

google THIS

*screeches past a pleb shopper to grab the last jar of blue cheese stuffed olives*

git fud

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

*clotheslines an old man, with a baguette, while sliding around the hot dog buns and into condiments*

sb hermit

BrownianMotion posted:

pace the aisles like a madman and see the strawberry fig newtons on sale and go "i;m getting those, i am Going To Purchase The Fig Newtons"

shopping list explicitly states cookies and I’m spending 5 minutes trying to determine if fig newtons can apply anyway

roomforthetuna

Shopping list only contains one thing, "food".

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

roomforthetuna posted:

alnilam

here is a true story one time i was at the checkout and i realized i forgot ice cream (!!!!) and they were almost done scanning my items and the ice cream was close by, so i said "oh forgot something I'll be back in ten seconds!" and i ran and got it and on my way back right by the checkout there was a slick spot on the ground so i slipped and fell into basically a cool looking slide and then got back up right at the register holding the ice cream and the cashier was like uhh cool

to this day i dunno if they thought i was trying to be cool or if they know I slipped and recovered because i am cool

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

here is a true story one time i was at the checkout and i realized i forgot ice cream (!!!!) and they were almost done scanning my items and the ice cream was close by, so i said "oh forgot something I'll be back in ten seconds!" and i ran and got it and on my way back right by the checkout there was a slick spot on the ground so i slipped and fell into basically a cool looking slide and then got back up right at the register holding the ice cream and the cashier was like uhh cool

to this day i dunno if they thought i was trying to be cool or if they know I slipped and recovered because i am cool

I know it's hard to see from your perspective, being you and all but here's what happened.

You had ice cream in your hand when you fell, right?

That was your Material Component for the spell.

You would one day become Moderator of BYOB, the Chill Forum. This would reverberate through the fabric of space and time, vibrating along the threads of probability looking for areas of dissonance and unchill vibrations.

You falling would be most unchill.

You falling, sliding, and then ending up upright and holding the ice cream, both intact was most chill.

The cashier just simply under appreciated your chillness.

We appreciate your chillness.

:love:

Manifisto

me [walking up to the manager at the stop n shop]: yeah so I'm going to need the chocolate whisky fig newtons

manager: um we don't have that

me [winking]: it's okay, I know about the secret menu

manager: the what now

me: don't play dumb with me. I know you guys keep all the really good groceries in a hidden room in the back

manager: this is crazy talk

me: AND I happen to also know that if someone asks for something from the secret menu you HAVE to give it to then

manager:

. . . gently caress

[into walkie talkie] sorry doug, you gotta unload the last case of chocy whisky figgies from my car

Space Taxi
Does warm-up stretches in the car park before going in.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

me [walking up to the manager at the stop n shop]: yeah so I'm going to need the chocolate whisky fig newtons

manager: um we don't have that

me [winking]: it's okay, I know about the secret menu

manager: the what now

me: don't play dumb with me. I know you guys keep all the really good groceries in a hidden room in the back

manager: this is crazy talk

me: AND I happen to also know that if someone asks for something from the secret menu you HAVE to give it to then

manager:

. . . gently caress

[into walkie talkie] sorry doug, you gotta unload the last case of chocy whisky figgies from my car

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rolling up with my fellow instacart shoppers in our custom-built motorized shopping trolleys in the Fred Meyer like let's get this bread

bird.

me, looking at arizona tea in the drinks aisle: "i could get the arnold palmer lite, but if a buy a lemonade, and then buy a sweet tea... i can make a regular arnold palmer!!"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

BrownianMotion posted:

me, looking at arizona tea in the drinks aisle: "i could get the arnold palmer lite, but if a buy a lemonade, and then buy a sweet tea... i can make a regular arnold palmer!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUc3wpDRiXM

Armitage

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
when someone parks their cart on one side of the aisle to stare at the other side, when I pass ‘em I slow down and start looking at what they’re looking at no matter what

Finger Prince

roomforthetuna posted:

So this is what we're planning the heist for...

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
protip: if you steal something you dont have to pay for it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
*Neo and Morpheus sit in the middle of a perfectly blank room*

Two aisles, seemingly hundreds of feet long, appear, moving towards them at superhuman speeds. As the aisles slow down, Morpheus and Neo look from side to side at hundreds of options for snack food.

"First we are going to need chips. Lots of chips."

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

glowing-fish posted:

*Neo and Morpheus sit in the middle of a perfectly blank room*

Two aisles, seemingly hundreds of feet long, appear, moving towards them at superhuman speeds. As the aisles slow down, Morpheus and Neo look from side to side at hundreds of options for snack food.

"First we are going to need chips. Lots of chips."

Sing Along

by Athanatos
you need a child for this one:

get in line, and right as the cashier finishes ringing up the customer in front of you suddenly tell your kid that you forgot an item and if they unload the cart you'll be *right back*

do NOT leave your credit card with the child, as they may start to feel guilty about the customers behind them in line and pay for your items

instead, come back with three more items five minutes later and complete the transaction safe in the knowledge that nobody's gonna bump you from your spot at the head of the line because they'd have to harass your kid

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Shop at Costco, help yourself to all the free samples, go home.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bargearse posted:

Shop at Costco, help yourself to all the free samples, go home.

don't shop at Costco, just walk around and eat free samples until right before closing, then hide in the racks until after close and stock goes home for the night--then shop.

Robot Made of Meat

Go to self-checkout.

Wave grocs vaguely at scanner, saying "Beep" each time.

Place grocs directly into cart.

Pretend to perform Credit Card manipulations.

Leave quickly.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Whenever I go shopping I make a shopping list that is overly complicated and contains at least four different words for "stuff you need" and after getting whatever I want and surely won't need I then spend 30 minutes searching for a fun spot to hide my shopping list in, then stick around in hiding to see who finds it and see their faces while they read it